Bankruptcy Auction Ends THQ

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Quiotu said:
Soviet Heavy said:
So now Sega owns both the Warhammer 40K and Warhammer Fantasy Battle rights...

Make it your first order of business to hire back a bunch of Relic's old staff that were let go after Retribution.
I told this to a friend of mine, and I'll say it again here. Sega successfully shit all over any IP they had that I liked. I have little faith that Sega can even BUY a decent IP and then do anything good with it.
Sega owns Creative Assembly, the Total War developers. Who have only really made two duds, with Empire and Napoleon.

Diegolomac

Jan 28, 2009
But... but... does this mean no more Darksiders?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6RWiVRwoE8

Full

Sep 3, 2012
Vigil is out of business? Damn, harsh, the Darksiders games were alright.

A Homefront sequel by Crytek. So EA can have another Call of Duty clone. Neat-o.

Ubisoft now has South Park? So I guess this means a shit PC port, then.

And Koch bought the Saints Row guys? Heh, can't wait for the shirtless Johnny Gat Statue. Wait, I would... actually buy that. Never mind.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
The official report [http://www.thesangreal.net/gafpics/results.pdf] is a bit ambiguous on whether Dawn of War, the IP, was included >.>. I don't see why they couldn't acquire it later though, if not already bought.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Quiotu said:
Soviet Heavy said:

Make it your first order of business to hire back a bunch of Relic's old staff that were let go after Retribution.
I told this to a friend of mine, and I'll say it again here. Sega successfully shit all over any IP they had that I liked. I have little faith that Sega can even BUY a decent IP and then do anything good with it.
Sega owns Creative Assembly, the Total War developers. Who have only really made two duds, with Empire and Napoleon.
Really? Personally I love empire, one of their best if you ask me

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
RicoADF said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Quiotu said:
Soviet Heavy said:

I found that Empire was a major step down from the godly Kingdoms expansion, which I hold up as the most complete total war game ever. Empire isn't a bad game, but I felt it was lacking compared to the other titles.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
SkarKrow said:
J Tyran said:
Is Sega owning Relic a good thing or a bad thing? I only know a few games published be Sega but they seemed OK, Relic happens to be one of my favorite devs. Hopefully Sega will be able to invest in Relic and we will continue to see great games coming from them
Sega are hit and miss. They take risks, it has bit them in the ass in the past and they're put out some real shit, but it's one of the better places it could go if you ask me, better to be lapped up by Sega and actually used for something than absorbed into EA.
I know Sega publish RTS games, so I can see why they would grab Relic. Definitely far better than going to EA for sure. Games Workshop should have bought them I think, sure they have never published video games before but nearly every game Relic has made has been PC only. Publishing via Steam wouldn't need a supply chain and then Relic could have kept pumping out games for them, hell GW might have even made a Company of Heroes TT game.

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
Quiotu said:
Soviet Heavy said:

I suppose I can qualify the statement and say that they ruined any IP they created that I liked. Never got into Total War, as I'm to busy to get into any RTS or TBS games anymore, but I have a few friends who gush over the series. Relic might be Sega's second acquired studio that makes them decent games if they play their cards right.

Sorry but in recent memory I know Sega as being responsible for ruining the Valkyria Chronicles IP and backstabbing Alpha Protocol before it was even released. Maybe if Sega of America can start helping themselves out and be allowed to make IPs less Japan-centric, I might start being optimistic again.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
this makes me sad :/ no more Darksiders, but least Relic got a good home, unlike the South Park IP license, not sure if i should laugh or not, but then I dislike South Park *shrugs*

Yokillernick

May 11, 2012
Ok,ok hold on a sec...

*breathing heavily*

WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE NEXT SAINTS ROW?!

AND ALSO COMPANY OF HEROES?!

I swear, if I hear it's cancelled or 'postponed indefinitely' I will find them and fight them on the side of the street!

Damn stupid THQ couldn't hold on a bit longer. These two game alone would have got them out of debt.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Wait what does this mean for Saints Row....? Hmmm Volition was bought by Koch Media...they run Deep Silver....who published...oh fuck you world.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
RicoADF said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Quiotu said:
Soviet Heavy said:

I found that Empire was a major step down from the godly Kingdoms expansion, which I hold up as the most complete total war game ever. Empire isn't a bad game, but I felt it was lacking compared to the other titles.
Fair enough, personal preferences and all. Still it shows that Sega makes good games, they don't pull an EA or worse, Activision.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
No more Darksiders!? Noooooooooooooooooooooo~ Damn it... I really love theseries, and now it'll never have a conclusion... This makes me very sad... very sad indeed...

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:

It will all be worth it if they make a Valkyria Chronicles style 40K game.

Does Koch Media have anything to do with the Koch Bros? That would suck for Saints Row.

Yokillernick

May 11, 2012
Quiotu said:
Sorry but in recent memory I know Sega as being responsible for ruining the Valkyria Chronicles IP and backstabbing Alpha Protocol before it was even released.
Damn right. Fuck those guys at Sega who will just crap on Relic's talent. Why couldn't someone like Ubisoft buy Relic and for that matter why wasn't EA involved in scavenging the remains of what used to be a dead horse?

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
My only concern was that Relic remain intact, at least structurally. The bad thing is they can't make another Homeworld game since Activision owns the rights to that IP through Vivendi. Can't say I've played most of anything else THQ has put out. I have to love for South Park, so not too bad for me. Ubisoft has been kind of cleaning up its DRM act as of late (though it still has a long way to go)

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Relic with Sega?

I can only hope the WH40K license got tranferred with them too, I'm still waiting for Dawn of War 3.