Banned from the UK

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Give this a read:

Uks least wanted list [http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8033060.stm]

For those who can't be arsed the British government has released a list of people it will not allow into the country for spreading hate. I have the list here [http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8033319.stm]. It includes a right wing US radio show host, skin head gangs, muslim preachers and members of the christian right.

My first question is:
Ignoring the comment that entering the UK is a privilage, should a governement be allowed to ban people who haven't committed a crime, just because they have unpopular views?

The second question is who would you ban from your country and why?

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
In this case, they appear to be justified.

There is a very large likelihood of a crime being committed as a driect result of the words of these people.

For obvious enough reasons, I would ban Michael Atkinson from my country and replace him with someone at least partially competent.

petrolmonkey

May 6, 2009
Although being a massive douche isn't a crime, you have to bear in mind that the way these people think and act is certainly damaging to society. Furthermore these aren't your typical run of the mill dicks who you would bump into in a shady pub, but they actively go out of their way to incite hate.

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
Pi_Fighter said:
For obvious enough reasons, I would ban Michael Atkinson from my country and replace him with someone at least partially competent.
Agreed, he is way too misguided and feels that he is the 'only crusader left who has not fallen to dark seductive forces of the R rating' to protect the children.
Of Course, this is the same children who you find either on xbox live and PSN swearing homophobic/racist/sexist statements or on the streets destroying the stuff that society has built. eh.

As for the article, it seems pretty justified. People just don't want other people with views that are not only offensive but partially psychotic near there own families. This list basically says who would be the worst people to be in the same room as and have them talk about the topic in question.

The second point was answered in my first word.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
Its not enough people we should kick out lots of the nutty racist/extremists who are already in our country. But yes I think they should be allowed to ban these people from entering our fair isle. I would ban David Cameron because he's a slimy git, also all chavs.

BlindTom

Aug 8, 2008
george144 said:
Its not enough people we should kick out lots of the nutty racist/extremists who are already in our country. But yes I think they should be allowed to ban these people from entering our fair isle. I would ban David Cameron because he's a slimy git, also all chavs.
That's like... A lot of people.

Fulax

Jul 14, 2008
Yeah, fuck freedom of speech. Let's just ban everyone we don't agree with.

sh1fty

Dec 29, 2008
TOTALLY JUSTIFIED!!!

I would ban Noel Edmunds from this fine fine country because he strikes me as a creepy sex pervert

May 7, 2008
george144 said:

i love you XD

Fimblwintr

Apr 22, 2009
You could also think of it as a "please don't come here, if you do one of our citizens might try to remove you from the gene pool" list.

It's obviously for their own protection.

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
U.S radio show hosts, am i missing something?

What did they do?

On Topic.

Banning the Extremists is quite bad, if you did that, you would have to keep out the Fundamentalists of other religions to, for equal rights and stuff.

I would jeep out anyone with the I.Q under 90, and create a super society of smart people, kids under 13 can come without an IQ test.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
bjj hero said:
Ignoring the comment that entering the UK is a privilage, should a governement be allowed to ban people who haven't committed a crime, just because they have unpopular views?

The second question is who would you ban from your country and why?
Citing racial or intercommunity hate is a crime over here these days. So making a friendly joke on stage is alright, preaching that group X should die isn't.

As for the right-wing guy, I don't like him at all from the few snippets I've heard of him, and he does sound like a homophobic, child beating fuckwit (the 'autism doesn't exist' comments he makes - fuckhole that he is).

Anywho, from the people I've heard are on that list, I think there's no-one I'd like to add that springs to mind.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
dragon_of_red said:
U.S radio show hosts, am i missing something?

What did they do?.
Right-wing 'shockjock' U.S radio show hosts.

From what I've heard, basically larges amounts of homophobic comments and stating that autism doesn't exist (I beleive the comment was along the lines of 'Autistic kids are fakes!')

LockHeart

Apr 9, 2009
"There are no names on that list I'd be interested in going out for a drink with. The odious Westboro Baptist Church makes the list, as do several heads of Islamic terror groups and a couple of violent Russian skinheads. Quite right, you could argue, that these people should not be allowed in, but put down the Righteous anger for a moment and reflect on what Jacqui Smith is doing here.

She is deciding, on your behalf, who you can and cannot listen to. Now, I'm sure few out there want to hear the depraved rantings of the Westboro Baptist Church anyway, and violent skinheads are never a good choice for a dinner party. But this is a precedent. Anyone Jacq the Ripper doesn't like can be banned from entering the country. Anyone. Even you.

Furthermore, those two skinheads have never attempted to enter the UK and are currently in a Russian prison, where they will stay for the next twenty-or-so years - unless they get violent while inside, in which case it'll be longer. They have expressed no desire to visit the UK on release either. So why ban them?

The heads of Islamic terror groups don't bother visiting us either. They send some mugs to blow themselves up rather than risk their own skins. They aren't likely to come here, so why ban them?

The Westoboro Baptists are horrible people but they've never, as far as I know, attacked anyone physically. All they do is rant and spout nonsense. They are noisy and irritating but generally harmless. So why ban them?

There is no mention of Geert Wilders on that list. He posed no threat to anyone either, he just said things certain people didn't agree with, and was banned. Nanny doesn't want you talking to the naughty boys who say bad words, you see. You might not turn out the way nanny wants if you get those ideas in your head. Stay where nanny can see you and don't try to cross the road by yourself.

She has chosen names from the newspapers and claimed she has prevented their entry, when they haven't tried. She claims to be protecting us from people who have shown no intention of ever setting foot in the country. This is the most blatant piece of made-up rubbish to emerge this week and the lie is falling apart already.

They really have nothing left. Nothing at all. Not one shred of credibility as a government, either at home or abroad. People now openly laugh at them." - Leg-Iron, http://leg-iron.livejournal.com/

I've had enough of this Government telling me what to think, what I can and cannot say, and who I can and cannot associate with.

If I had the choice, only convicted criminals owuld be banned from entry.

the_hessian

Jan 14, 2009
StayCold said:
why isn't ABSOLUTELY ALL ASYLUM SEEKERS on that list?
Dude asylum seekers, real one, are seeking asylum from a country that would most likely have them killed for being a minority, hence the term asylum seeker. Most foreigners that go to any country are not asylum seekers but economic migrants and want to work and do. It's just the few that come here and do nothing but dick about and cause problems, they get plastered all over the media, so you hate them for no real reason other than they exist. Societies are built on fear an scape-goating.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Id personnally bar Kerry Katona. IT disturbs me shes been allowed to have so many children...

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Wow, 22 people out of the whole world of whom most are complete dicks, when will the insanity end! /sarcasm

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Pi_Fighter said:
In this case, they appear to be justified.

There is a very large likelihood of a crime being committed as a driect result of the words of these people.

Also known as 'Anyone else'.