Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
slo said:
Imp Emissary said:
Apparently you care enough to type a bunch of posts. ;p

If Roosh and the KKK get to voice their opinions, what's wrong with others voicing (or in the case of the comic Drawing) their opinions about them?
Seems pretty even to me.
Well, I'm not interested in discussing some guy I'm supposed to hate, but when people go "WHAT?!" over me not being interested, that's pretty hilarious.
No, there's nothing wrong with opinions, as is nothing wrong with stepping aside and not discussing a thing.
A fair enough attitude to have, but it doesn't really match with your actions. You did chose to join the conversation.

That said though, I don't think the issue people are having with you is that you don't want to talk about some guy you're suppose to hate, so much as your comment about them demonizing Roosh over his opinions (and actions) suggests to others that you don't find his opinions or actions worthy of such offence.

That isn't what you said, and may not even be what you actually mean, but that is a implication that could be drawn from what you typed. The fact that we're all typing instead of talking in-person makes the risk of such implications even worse when we are brief with each other.

Basically, people think you think that Roosh's believes or actions don't warrant public scorn. You saying you don't want to be a part of the conversation doesn't actually mean you think that, but people can draw that conclusion.

And Honestly, I'd say someone saying things like "women are inherently inferior to men", or "rape should be legal on private property" are indeed worthy of being mocked or criticized.

(Let me know if it does more than second 6-9. Only wanted that bit, but sometimes the code doesn't work.)

monkeymangler

Feb 9, 2016
Edl01 said:
Roosh V wants media attention. The more he gets the more...you know what I think I've said this enough time before that I may as well give up on a lot of people realizing this.

The phrase no publicity is bad publicity exists for a reason and Roosh V knows this, for every 1,000 people who read this and laugh there will be 1 crazy enough to read his dogma and agree with him. People are literally(unintentionally) promoting his cult.
That said, a lot of this thread has been educating people on who he is. For every person he snares for his cult, ten more can warn others when his name comes up in conversation. People didn't start tuning out the WBC until enough people knew that they were a group of monsters rather than an actual church.

Edl01

Apr 11, 2012
monkeymangler said:
Edl01 said:
Roosh V wants media attention. The more he gets the more...you know what I think I've said this enough time before that I may as well give up on a lot of people realizing this.

The phrase no publicity is bad publicity exists for a reason and Roosh V knows this, for every 1,000 people who read this and laugh there will be 1 crazy enough to read his dogma and agree with him. People are literally(unintentionally) promoting his cult.
That said, a lot of this thread has been educating people on who he is. For every person he snares for his cult, ten more can warn others when his name comes up in conversation. People didn't start tuning out the WBC until enough people knew that they were a group of monsters rather than an actual church.
Fair enough point. Roosh for me is a bit of a sore spot cos he was on the TV a couple weeks back on a BBC documentary, and while they criticized him they still broadcasted footage of one of his crazy speeches nationwide.
Hilariously enough I actually thought the documentary was fake when I first heard him speaking, then it actually cut to Roosh V and I was all, "aw hell nah".

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
Return of Kings?

All I can ever think of when I hear about this...whatever the hell they are...is that it's the title of another upcoming Joe Ledger novel.

Jofe

Feb 3, 2010
monkeymangler said:
CITATION NEEDED

Do you have any proof that those aren't just fringe members? Every movement has crazy people in it. Roosh is a good example of a crazy in the men right's movement (even if he claims he doesn't represent them, apparently), but no one is making that claim that he represents the entire MRA movement. He's a loon with scary views, just as the women you quoted are.
Roosh V. isn't part of the men's rights movement. He hates the MRA and the MRA's don't like him either and is well documented on his site what he thinks of the movement. If he's an advocate of anything is his own perceived right to one night stands. MRA's most probably have crazy people among them, but Roosh V. isn't one of them.

On the feminsts quotes

Robin Morgan
Since the early 1960s she has been a key radical feminist member of the American Women's Movement, and a leader in the international feminist movement. Her 1970 anthology Sisterhood is Powerful has been widely credited with helping to start the contemporary feminist movement in the US, and was cited by the New York Public Library as "One of the 100 Most Influential Books of the 20th Century [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Morgan]

Andrea Dworkin
Dworkin authored ten books of radical feminist theory and numerous speeches and articles, each designed to assert the presence of and denounce institutionalized and normalized harm against women. She became one of the most influential writers and spokeswomen of American radical feminism during the late 1970s and the 1980s [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Dworkin#Legacy_and_controversy]

Sally Miller Gearhart
Sally Miller Gearhart (born April 15, 1931) is an American teacher, feminist, science fiction writer, and political activist.[1] In 1973 she became the first open lesbian to obtain a tenure-track faculty position when she was hired by San Francisco State University, where she helped establish one of the first women and gender study programs in the country.[2] She later became a nationally known gay rights activist. [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_Miller_Gearhart]

I will say that these 3 women aren't just fringe members and are recognized on academic circles.

On Catherine Comins I couldn't find a wikipedia page, which is the easy way to show this info, but found one Time article that shows that quote and it says Catherine Comins, assistant dean of student life at Vassar [http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,157165,00.html]. So while maybe not as influential as the previous women, she held (holds?) a significant position at a College.

Sharon Stone is hard to say as her acting career gives her influence but it might not really give her the same reach.

Also, those are just some examples, there's a lot of main stream feminists who have said things in the same vein against men and some of them even are part of the curriculum for Women's Studies courses in the U.S.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
88chaz88 said:
THM said:
Should be an interesting 'discussion'. :)

Though I would ask which is the bigger 'zing' - that shot at Return of Kings, or the fact that something so supposedly 'unimportant' (according to so many folks around here) is still getting attention.

Er, zing.
Is getting attention as a laughing stock some kind of win?
Well, it's working for the Kardashians.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Mrs Xenomorph looks like a strong, independent classy lady who did her best to raise her brood in adverse circumstances.

I don't hold her at fault for one bad egg.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
I hate the dude-bro not only for his views against women, but how he also thinks that all men should be "strong, masculine heterosexuals". Basically he's homophobic as well as anti-women. And well...that pisses me off. He's just one hate against any other human characterizing collective from being a Nazi.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
slo said:
Imp Emissary said:
Apparently you care enough to type a bunch of posts. ;p

If Roosh and the KKK get to voice their opinions, what's wrong with others voicing (or in the case of the comic Drawing) their opinions about them?
Seems pretty even to me.
Well, I'm not interested in discussing some guy I'm supposed to hate, but when people go "WHAT?!" over me not being interested, that's pretty hilarious.
No, there's nothing wrong with opinions, as is nothing wrong with stepping aside and not discussing a thing.
slo, right?

Let me write it in my list, so I don't fall for it again.

...and done. Let us know when you want to actually discuss something. Bye!

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
Is this about that Return of Kings guy, or whatever?

I don't understand why people are giving him attention. If you just ignore him, he'll go away.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Wait, if the Aliens procreate by the Face-Huggers implanting an egg in a host, and then the Alien Drone bursts from the host, wouldn't that make the Face Hugger the dad (or mom) of the big alien?

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
CaitSeith said:
slo said:
I don't get it. Is it some kind of political fart?
Throwback to an old Critical Miss strip where the facehugger is giving a lesson in a Dating Seminar.

EDIT: And then there was the cancellation of the 'Return of Kings' rallies in the news.
Not the cancellation, Roosh apparently still lives with his mother.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
THM said:
EDIT: Removed because to be honest, getting into another moronic discussion about this shit is just stupid.
That's...that's literally one of the only reasons to come here.

RJ 17 said:
Wait...isn't that literally the entire point of coming to The Escapist? I'm confused...
See? This guy gets it.

marioandsonic said:
Is this about that Return of Kings guy, or whatever?

I don't understand why people are giving him attention. If you just ignore him, he'll go away.
Remember that Anita person?

Same principle applies.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
So, this strip's about some idiot advocating Rape huh?

Are we at a formal dinner party? Cuz it sure smells of Cologne in here.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
So yeah videogames, good joke. Being politically opinionated about a guy that no one takes seriously, that takes some real edge, I want to be you, I want your babies.