Batman: Arkham Asylum Batarang Fails to Impress

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
How much of an idiot do you have to be to think they'd sell something that could be classed as a weapon?

Of course it was sh*t, that's how they make shit loads of money from people who are convinced paying double the price of the game for a special toy is super cool, and fall for it every time.

The same people buy "collector's editions" (surely having the game is the point?) over and over again and then whine about how bad they are again and again.

What do you expect?

SilverHammerMan

Jul 26, 2009
Woodsey said:
How much of an idiot do you have to be to think they'd sell something that could be classed as a weapon?

Of course it was sh*t, that's how they make shit loads of money from people who are convinced paying double the price of the game for a special toy is super cool, and fall for it every time.

The same people buy "collector's editions" (surely having the game is the point?) over and over again and then whine about how bad they are again and again.

What do you expect?
I'm a little puzzled by your first statement. Did you mean that people expected it to be an actual viable weapon? Because that's the impression you gave me. And for the record they just Expected a nice little plastic batarang that the could take of the stand and mess around with once in awhile. Though you right, they shouldn't have expected much as Collector's Editions are almost always massive letdowns.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Honestly, I don't think you could count on a gimmick like this to be 'lifelike', as far as that goes for items coming from a virtual world. For one thing, the developers are going to make damn sure you can't possibly do any harm with it. That basically rules out stainless steel and sharp edges. And what is a batarang without that? A gimmick.

The Sandwich

Aug 27, 2009
I would have loved to have had that batarang. If only to fuck about with it for around five minutes then throw it away and allow to gather dust with the other worthless shit lying around my room.

Sprogus

The Lord of Dreams
Jan 8, 2009
Amnestic said:
Credge said:
This just in: Collectors editions are never worth it.
My pre-order of Assassin's Creed 2: Black Edition (UK exclusive bitches) frowns upon your shenanigans.
You can get that in Australia.

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
It'll be funny when people who spent silly amounts of money on the CE edition of MW2, and realise that the Night Vision Goggles will be a pile of plastic crap.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
eoin90210 said:
Crap If I was one of those IRA twats you'd be dead right now for saying that Ireland was part of Great Britain
It is though (but not part of the UK).

well, I guess it serves the people right who got it. A real metal batarang? for that price? It would never happen.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
eoin90210 said:
Amnestic said:
Credge said:
My pre-order of Assassin's Creed 2: Black Edition (UK exclusive bitches) frowns upon your shenanigans.
You can get it in Ireland so suck it!
You can get in Dubai too! I think! So suck it- Oh fuck it! I can't get it over here. :(

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Oh Eidos! You crazy motherfuckers! You pump out shit and expect it to sell well and even try to fix review scores, and then you pump out an awesome game and completely balls up a batarang!

Fucking Geniuses!*

*obvious sarcasm.

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
Wasder said:
eoin90210 said:
Crap If I was one of those IRA twats you'd be dead right now for saying that Ireland was part of Great Britain
It is though (but not part of the UK).

well, I guess it serves the people right who got it. A real metal batarang? for that price? It would never happen.
Amnestic said:
eoin90210 said:
Amnestic said:
Fine, fine. Great Britain exclusive then.
Where are you getting this ridiculous idea that GB includes Ireland? It doesn't even include Northern Ireland which is a part of the U.K.

Great Britain= Wales, England, and Scotland. Just the one landmass, the island of britain.

OT: for the price on this batarang you could make one yourself much nicer and way cooler.

However I looked up the Black Edition that Amnestic mentioned; that seems very cool and well worth the price tag. I wasn't even that into the first game and I'm considering this special edition.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
The CE came with a BOOK and a Battarang. What about the BOOK? I heard it was leatherbound and full of artwork.

Ninja_X

Aug 9, 2009
eoin90210 said:
Amnestic said:
eoin90210 said:
oliveira8 said:
Amnestic said:
Credge said:
Wait till you find out that the action figure comes broken.
With tentacles
That's the Japanese version.

/snark

eoin90210 said:
Amnestic said:
Credge said:
Fine, fine. Great Britain exclusive then.
Can we still kill him?

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
eoin90210 said:
Amnestic said:
Credge said:
And Ireland is part and parcel of the United Kingdom TAKE THAT!

I find it odd that it's permanently attached to the stand. I could understand it if it was made of metal so as to avoid it being used as a dangerous weapon but since evidently it's just cheap plastic it's a bit perplexing. I think I'll just rent this one.

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
I'm thinking they had somekind of fault in their machines while making that thing and nobody noticed it until all of them were made.

Thus the scratches that are supposed to make it look worn.

Conspiracy aside, I'm not suprised. Even when I first heard about this I told my friend it wasn't going to be what everyone expected. I mean, really, a throwable weapons-grade batarang in a collector's edition? Scratch that, even a throwable batarang would've made the foundations for loads of lawsuits.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
...So no one has anything to say about the book of backround information and art? Just the shitty battarang?