Batman: Year One Gets Animated

Novaova

Feb 2, 2010
The trailer gets it all wrong. Year One isn't about Batman, it's about Gordon.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
vansau said:
If you pick up a copy of Green Lantern: Emerald Nights[/em]
You forgot the K in nights.

While DC film aren't great when it come to live action films (except for Batman) but the one thing they are good at is making animated films so I will be looking forward to this when it come out.
Y'know... I was thinking the exact same thing.

Is that magic? PINKIE magic?
I vote yes. Now allow me to panic.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Very Cool.

Isn't Frank Miller the guy who hates it when other people make his comics into animated/live action things?

Or am I thinking of someone else?

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Batman is nice and all, but can we have some DC animations that aren't focused around Batman, Superman or Green Lantern?

The Green Arrow short they did was fantastic, I want to see more of that.

Tdc2182 said:
Very Cool.

Isn't Frank Miller the guy who hates it when other people make his comics into animated/live action things?

Or am I thinking of someone else?
You're thinking of Alan Moore.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
I heard about this right after I saw Emerald Knights. Surprised? D.C. is pretty great with these animated movies. I liked all of them, even the Doomsday one... >>. Even if it wasn't what I expected. They still need to do one for the Flash though... I'm sure his turn will come. Eventually.

Anywho... looking forward to it.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I never really cared that much about how Bruce Wayne trained to become Batman, just that he became Batman.

Still, Batman cartoons are like mother's milk to me.

LostintheWick

Sep 29, 2009
Life is really starting to feel like "Groundhogs Day". I feel like I've had to watch this part in Batman's story a thousand times. It's boring. I'm done with it.

Can anybody tell me what makes Franks version different/better than what I already know?

Lissa-QUON

Jun 22, 2009
Okay, I'm going to avoid this on the grounds of the horrible Batman voice alone. He sounds half asleep and the tone is all wrong. I know not everyone can be Kevin Conroy but yikes.

warfjm

Nov 14, 2007
Kevin Conroy as Batman and Mark Hamel as the Joker or I'm not watching.

End of story. Thankyouverymuch.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
It's going to be weird watching a Batman film done in Timm's art-style without Kevin Conroy voicing the Bat. Looks good, though.

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
warfjm said:
Kevin Conroy as Batman and Mark Hamel as the Joker or I'm not watching.

End of story. Thankyouverymuch.
you have aparently never watched under the red hood.

John dimagio did an awesome job btw im a huge fan of mark hamil joker

cornmancer

Dec 7, 2009
MelasZepheos said:
Looks good, and I loved the Timm-verse.

I nominate that they do Long Halloween and Dark Victory next. A nice little trilogy that wraps up with Dick becoming Robin.
Maybe it's because it draws so heavily on gangster films, but I think Long Halloween would be much much better to do a film of.The art style and the action are very comic booky in Year One, and I don't think it'll all translate to an animated film. Live action maybe, but not animated. I think though that Dark Knight Returns and Long Halloween, especially the later, could make really good animated films, though I'd prefer the former in live action I think.
Not read Dark Victory, so yeah.

edit: That reminds me, I still need to watch Under The Red Hood. I've been trying to scrape together all 4 seasons of the animated series and possibly the stuff afterwards like Batman Beyond and that other thing. After I watch those I'll give Under The Red Hood a look.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
Didn't they already make Batman Begins? And cover the origin story in the first Batman movie and Batman Forever? It's almost like they have no idea what to do if it's not an origin story.

Mid-Boss

Jun 16, 2011
I like Superman: Doomsday. If only for the great fight scenes. Misses for me were:

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies. Power Girl was VERY annoying but when it got to the giant robot I just turned the movie off.

Superman: All Star: In my opinion the WORST thing to come out of DC's attempts at animated movies ever. Me and my girlfriend flip flopped between trying to figure out what the hell was going on to outright laughing at how utterly ridiculous and disjointed it all was. We still bring up the "Super Sphinx" for a laugh.