Battlefield 3 or Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3?

legend of duty

Apr 30, 2011
im getting bf3 and gow3 because i have been a fan of cod for years and they treat me horribly i loved the campaign and the co-op was awesome with a roommate or brother but the multiplayer felt lacking considering its what cod is famous for it sure doesnt show. and bf3 looks like a fresh change of place and i loved gow2.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
Both. I love Call of Duty and I want to give Battlefield a try. Only problem is that by the time I return from Australia and get back to the States in late November, people will have already mastered the multiplayer of both games and I'll be an easy target for the first few matches, especially for Battlefield.

Vakz

Crafting Stars
Nov 22, 2010
BF3, because I love vehicle-action (and if I may say so, I'm pretty darn good at driving those tanks). Also because I'm a longtime Battlefield-fan, and part of a gamehosting community, which hosts Battlefield-servers, and so I find the dedicated servers of Battlefield a lot more convenient to keep playing with friends, and finding new friends on the servers. I also prefer the grand maps and more tactical teamplay of squads that BF3 have to offer.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Hammeroj said:
DEathgod650 said:
Both, because I like games and I'm not a obsessive fanboy
So people who choose between the two don't like games and/or are obsessive fanboys. Okay.
I think he meant '...I like both games...'. And fair enough to the second point, I know someone at my school who loves the twitch shooter style of CoD, but won't buy a non-BF game.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Probably niether until they go down in price or EA stop using Origin for all of their games. And even if they do, I'll probably need a PC upgrade first.

k3v1n

Sep 7, 2008
I'll get Modern Warfare 3, because despite the plotholes and all, I still enjoyed the campaign, and feel kinda interested in the conclusion of it.

Harlief

Jul 8, 2009
Were it not for Origin, I would absolutely get both. I highly expect Origin to fare as well as Microsoft's Zune, which bombed as a late competitor to the iPod. Like hell am I going to install another DRM client which is years behind in bug testing and market feedback. I'm with Steam, Steam works really well and the next Battlefield game I'll be willing to spend money on is the PC version of BF1943...

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
I will try BF3 if I like the Beta (I think I will) then I will buy the game once I have the money.

In MW3 case I will wait a few weeks (or maybe a even months) just to see if the game will have the same problems that the other CoD games have (OP weapons, glitches etc, I know other games have these problems to but IW and Treyarch don't like to balance things for some reason).

If the MW3 campaign is longer and the Spec Ops mode is more fun than BO zombies then I have more reasons to get MW3, also I hope BF3 gets map packs and DLCs every once in a while because Bad Company 2 is boring after you played the same maps over and over again but in different game modes.

Hamish Durie

Apr 30, 2011
battlefield bad company 1 was a fun game with querky characters and wasn't CoD
CoD is CoD ill be getting my battlefield now, jks i will mooch it off my friend

Hytham Bakir

May 11, 2011
both. and revelations, and skyrim, and ME3, and FM2012, and diablo 3, and the old republic, and fifa 12, and ghost recon future soldier. too many good games coming out at once!!!!

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Probably neither, but if I do get one... Battlefield 3 has dinosaurs, and I really enjoyed the original 1942 game.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
TheKasp said:
*looks at BF3* So, if I dont't want to buy from Gamestop and Origin I need to accept that other people will have advantages for an unknown time... No, no BF3 for me. Also CoD does not interest me in the slightest. Maybe together with MW2 and BO CoD will "finally" have more players than CS1.6 *cough*
Amazon is pretty damn good for their preorder bonuses. And the Spec edition is CHEAPER than the normal one. (On Amazon.co.uk. - I live in UK so haven't checked .com)

JediMB said:
Probably neither, but if I do get one... Battlefield 3 has dinosaurs, and I really enjoyed the original 1942 game.
What? By this do you mean the BF2 guns and maps (+Wake Island) or do you mean dinos?