Battlefront III Died Just Inches From the Finish Line

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Fappy said:
You should link back to that old article you guys ran about what happened between LucasArts and the devs. It was some really messy stuff. LucasArts is a bunch of heartless bastards.
Especially when the studio didn't pay the devs for 6 months due to the preffered choice of the higher ups while the devs just sat there and watched the project wither to dust.

I'll be honest just hearing about the whole situation made me really sad knowing they were actually trying to make it happen but as usual someone higher up got too mighty for his boots and broke our dreams and replaced them with this.

I suppose there's still hope that Disney can see the terrible mistake of letting this game die and rectify it and rebuild our hopes of it becoming a reality once more.

captcha "push on"

Damn right I'm doing that.

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
Playful Pony said:
Will you please stop trying to make us cry over spilled milk?! We know and we're pissed about it, but what can we do!
Spilled milk? More like spilled flesh eating acid. All over our faces.

That said, as much as I loved the first two games, I can't help but think that if a Battlefront III is ever made, it won't live up to expectations.

Saegrim

Dec 11, 2011
CUNTS.

That damn close to having Battlefront 3. That damn close.

I wonder what the 'financial reasons' were.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I just forgot there's still hope people since BFII is still on steam and in turn still has some multiplayer going for it so when I get my new desktop I'm going to play me some BFII online with my gamepad to remember the good times.....before the Empire.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/6060/

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Zhukov said:
So... what actually happened to get it cancelled?

It's one thing to bin a prospective project, but you would think that the publisher, having already spent the money to get the thing made, would want to get it on shelves rather than mothball it.
You underestimate the stupidity of corporate management, especially after/during transitions.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
You know it just occurs to me- Battlefront 3 cancelled at 99% - made by a team including Steve Ellis.

the official Rare Goldeneye HD remake for XBLA cancelled at 100% - made by a team including Steve Ellis.

The guy just can't catch a break.

sammysoso

Jul 6, 2012
Is LucasArts are afraid of money and success? I'm not sure there has been any good Star Wars games this console generation.

Hopefully Disney turns things around.

r_Chance

Dec 13, 2008
I can't, well won't, say what I think of this. Loved the first two games. Hopefully there are a few gamers hiding out at Disney. I'm sure they could use new management at Lucasarts...

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
I wonder if the game information still exists somewhere so that it could actually be finished.

GameChanger

Sep 5, 2011
Remember Disney took up the Star Wars thing, and so far they haven't really been screwing around with it. We might actually see a slightly galvanized age of Star Wars very soon. Maybe even better than that, even though I should actually remain skeptical.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Someone who likes making money can buy the IP/assets then sell it. Someone should start a kickstarter and get crack'n on the IP rights transfer.

jollybarracuda

Oct 7, 2011
I just dont see how a game 99% complete gets canned for financial reasons. Wouldnt it make more sense to release the game? Especially when this game would have almost been assuredly a huge success making them tons of money. The Battlefront series was never a low-selling series, i mean these games made bank, and are widely considered the most successful Star Wars games, with maybe the exception of the first Force Unleashed. I dunno, I guess I shouldnt try and apply reason to a company that everyone keeps implying was under dead-brain management.

Platypus540

May 11, 2011
Every piece of information that gets revealed about this game just seems designed to make me more and more enraged...

MPerce

May 29, 2011
Stop it. It hurts. Oh god, it hurts.

Every time more information is released about how horrible the death of this game was, I also die a little bit inside.

Murmillos

Silly Deerthing
Feb 13, 2011
99% and not released? That would be like saying, well, so far you've collected $99,999.94, if you can find six more cents in the next 24 hours, you'll win a million bucks!!!! and then responding with "I just can't be bothered with that, what ever..."

Hell, all thru out the ages of game development, with games companies going bankrupt released games that were only 90%+ish complete.... and hope the community can corrects the short comings, or at least enjoy some what of the work and time put into the game.

Something else is going on, somebody else in charge must have had a better financial gain not to release the game.