Bayonetta 2 announced as Wii U exclusive, console gamers pissed.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
So on top of the news of the Wii U's price, specs and release date a sequel to Bayonetta was announced. And yes, it will be a Wii U exclusive. So what do you think? Excited? Butthurt because it's on a Nintendo console? Or something else?

Source: http://kotaku.com/5942937/bayonetta-2-is-a-wii-u-game?tag=nintendo&post=52637026

And here's some of the comments from the article:

"WHAT!? I'm a huge fan of the first game, and to see this relegated to a console exclusive title is baffling. I am legitimately pissed.

"wow.... Platinum just trolled every single X360 and PS3 owner in the world... FFS, this is a rated M+ games on a family oriented console... W T F?

I really dont' know what words I should use to describe this lol... looks like I won't be playing Bayoneta 2.."

"Huh. Not cool, Platinum. Seriously not cool."

"No, Platinum! Noooo! Why would you do this?!"

"Blow me Nintendo! please die..."

So what do you think of the announcment, and the amount of anger and butthurt. It may remind you off a few days ago with Terraria.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Weren't they having trouble getting it published? Maybe Nintendo was the only one that jumped for it. And aside from that, console exclusives are kind of necessary. That's the major reason you'd choose one console over another.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
Damn it.

Well, I can cross my fingers for a port or else pick up a Wii U cheap at some point down the line. There's that other cool looking Wii U game so it might be worth it eventually. The biggest shame is since Nintendo jumped the shark there's unlikely to be any first party games worth getting. Normally that's the biggest draw of a Nintendo console.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Good on Nintendo. Along with some of the other games they've got coming, Wii U looks like it could be rather good.

Nice to see my fellow console gamers looking as mature as ever >.<

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
I can honestly say i never saw that one coming.

Well i really enjoyed the first game and already getting the WiiU anyway.
With this , Mass effect 3 , batman they are really trying to get a bit rid of that kiddie image.

The loud part of the gamers are always twats. Reading things like that people are surprised they are being called entitled little idiots.

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
Great news! I was getting a Wii U anyways so no reason I can't play this. Sucks for the people who don't want to buy one and want to play this.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I can understand the rage. I can't think of any franchises that went exclusive in their core line of games after having been multi-platform. It's a win for Nintendo in any case.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
It's a little weird to see such a game on a Nintendo system.

Although it's exclusive now, I don't imagine it will stay that way forever.
Edit: Never mind.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Well, fuck. I guess the sequel being released on WiiU is better than no sequel at all but it's still a shame.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Explained my opinion in the other thread.
It's just annoying to see a sequel to a multiplatform game go exclusive, especially when it becomes exclusive to a completely different system.

Chiave

Aug 26, 2012
Meh.

I preferred Devil May Cry 4's combat to Bayonetta's. That said, I don't care that this is an exclusive. More power to Nintendo (or not... idk).

Hope it's good.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Great news, and good on Ninty for moneyhating this game as it probably wouldn't exist without them.

Now if only some company would make a 3rd party control pad with the right analog and face buttons the other way round.

I'm interested to see what other games Ninty is publishing, with EA and everybody turning to shit atm a hardware company with big pockets is just what we need for good quality AAA games. MS seems to be just happy to sit on their hands milking gold accounts and movies while Sony is cutting back because they're skint.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
ToastiestZombie said:
Bayonetta 2 announced as Wii U exclusive, console gamers pissed.
As you mention Terraria, I have to mention the outcry of this website about the generalization and the "poor journalism".

Bayonetta 2 WiiU exclusive? Who gives a fuck? Just play the "re-imagined" DMC and pretend your are playing a sexy lady. God of war, DMC, darksiders, bayonetta and Dante's inferno are all exactly the same ... light, light, heavy is the game beating combo and ranged weapons do dick for damage.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Eclpsedragon said:
It's a little weird to see such a game on a Nintendo system.
Although it's exclusive now, I don't imagine it will stay that way forever.
It's being published by Nintendo, so they more than likely bought the rights for it. So yeah, most likely not a timed exclusive.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
On one hand, it sucks that fans of the first game that don't plan on getting a WiiU won't be able to play the sequel. On the other hand, it seems that Nintendo was the only one willing to publish Bayonetta 2, so if it wasn't WiiU exclusive, it probably wouldn't exist at all, which I think we can all say would be a bad thing.

It's good to see the WiiU getting more games, as I do want a reason to buy it, but it's still not enough. Come on Nintendo, announce more of your first-party games that everybody is buying the system for anyway.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Fappy said:
I can understand the rage.
I can't.Wasn't Bayonetta 2 cancelled a while back?So basically people are raging because Nintendo have stepped in to publish a game that otherwise would probably never be released.Makes no bloody sense to me

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
MetalDooley said:
Fappy said:
I can understand the rage.
I can't.Wasn't Bayonetta 2 cancelled a while back?So basically people are raging because Nintendo have stepped in to publish a game that otherwise would probably never be released.Makes no bloody sense to me
It was cancelled? Well then maybe you're right. Maybe Nintendo is the reason the game exists at all.