Bayonetta 2 announced as Wii U exclusive, console gamers pissed.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Fappy said:
MetalDooley said:
Fappy said:
I can understand the rage.
I can't.Wasn't Bayonetta 2 cancelled a while back?So basically people are raging because Nintendo have stepped in to publish a game that otherwise would probably never be released.Makes no bloody sense to me
It was cancelled? Well then maybe you're right. Maybe Nintendo is the reason the game exists at all.
http://spong.com/article/26926/Rumour-Bayonetta-2-Has-Been-Cancelled

It was a rumor, but most likely Nintendo did play a big hand on this getting made. Nintendo is publishing after all.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Matthew94 said:
Fappy said:
I can understand the rage. I can't think of any franchises that went exclusive in their core line of games after having been multi-platform. It's a win for Nintendo in any case.
Metal Gear Solid did.

You need to think harder boy. :D
And Monster Hunter. Well, it's not been fully confirmed. But Monster Hunter 4 coming to the 3DS and that alone makes me seem like Monster Hunter's a Nintendo exclusive now.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Matthew94 said:
Fappy said:
I can understand the rage. I can't think of any franchises that went exclusive in their core line of games after having been multi-platform. It's a win for Nintendo in any case.
Metal Gear Solid did.

You need to think harder boy. :D
Now that you mention it... didn't MGS technically do it multiple times? The original Metal Gear was on NES after all.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Well it's great that Nintendo are stepping up to publish it when it was going to be cancelled. It's great that Nintendo are really branching out with the games for the WiiU. I may just have to buy one afterall. It sucks that those who wanted the sequel but not a WiiU can't play it, but alas they can't, no need to rage and rage over it like that though.

Also, I love your avatar ToastiestZombie, I can sit and watch it for hours.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
marche45 said:
Good thing i was planning on getting a WiiU anyway.
I'm on the same boat. Aside from the new Zelda game that is set to released after the WiiU's launch, I'm planning on buying it for Rayman Legends.

Why you ask?

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
WAT.

A sequel to a game that was exclusive to the 360 and PS3 is going to be exclusive on the Wii U.

Weird. :/

Well that's two games for the Wii U that I want. The first one being Rayman Legends. Again though, I think I'll wait for a price drop, and perhaps some actual disposable income via getting a job.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
I'm honestly stifling a burst of full-on Joker laughter right now. This is priceless.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Sure does echo doesn't it? Tantrums about games being released on other systems doesn't seem to be so exclusive to the PC crowd does it?

Praetox

Feb 22, 2012
I'm a bit annoyed that I won't get to play it seeing as how I have no plans on buying a WiiU, but oh well

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Soviet Heavy said:
Sure does echo doesn't it? Tantrums about games being released on other systems doesn't seem to be so exclusive to the PC crowd does it?
Yep, it seems no gaming thing is free from entitled people who think that every game should be released for there console, and if it's released for another one noone can have it.

Stavros Dimou

Mar 15, 2011
Whoever rants on this is an amateur fanboy.

Perfect Dark was a Nintendo series and Microsoft secretly bought Rare to fire all of its people,just so they can give the licenses of the studio to some untalented slackers,and thus Perfect Dark Zero was an xbox360 exclusive and a big turd.

Halo was designed to be an Apple Macintosh exclusive,when Apple decided to strengthen its until then week gaming aspect of its computers,and Microsoft suddenly and secretly signed a dirty deal and made it an exclusive for its consoles.

Skyrim,a game of the once exclusive PC series,now have its dlcs having time exclusiveness for xbox360...

SONY doesn't care about exclusives that much,but copies everything Nintendo does. A Mario Kart clone named Crash Bandicoot Kart or something,a Super Smash Bros clone,Wiimote clones,etc...

I can't stand hypocrisy.
It happens all the time,yet when your favorite console publisher signs exclusiveness deals you are all "Oh how great Microsoft and SONY are!!!" and yet when Nintendo does the same thing you say "Oh how dare they do such a thing ? They are evil!!".
Double standards and hypocrisy. I'm disgusted.

Kleingeier

Jun 19, 2011
That is utterly hilarious. I'm considering this Nintento's "If you can't join 'em, beat 'em" with hardcore gamers.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
/Disappointed

Oh well, I'm glad that it's at least coming out, even if I won't be able to play it.

Kleingeier

Jun 19, 2011
Stavros Dimou said:
Whoever rants on this is an amateur fanboy.

Perfect Dark was a Nintendo series and Microsoft secretly bought Rare to fire all of its people,just so they can give the licenses of the studio to some untalented slackers,and thus Perfect Dark Zero was an xbox360 exclusive and a big turd.

Halo was designed to be an Apple Macintosh exclusive,when Apple decided to strengthen its until then week gaming aspect of its computers,and Microsoft suddenly and secretly signed a dirty deal and made it an exclusive for its consoles.

Skyrim,a game of the once exclusive PC series,now have its dlcs having time exclusiveness for xbox360...

SONY doesn't care about exclusives that much,but copies everything Nintendo does. A Mario Kart clone named Crash Bandicoot Kart or something,a Super Smash Bros clone,Wiimote clones,etc...

I can't stand hypocrisy.
It happens all the time,yet when your favorite console publisher signs exclusiveness deals you are all "Oh how great Microsoft and SONY are!!!" and yet when Nintendo does the same thing you say "Oh how dare they do such a thing ? They are evil!!".
Double standards and hypocrisy. I'm disgusted.
I think it comes more from a place of realizing that a long time ago, Nintendo pretty much ignored or only dipped their fingers for hardcore gamers. By far, they went the most cynical, money-hungry root trying to get the jump on casual and family gaming, while Sony and Microsoft tried it all. All of the titles you listed were either regulars or AAA's before they were taken exclusive; what we see here is Nintendo grabbing at recognized action titles because it realizes all the Zelda and My Little Pony isn't good for its image.