Bayonetta 2

Inglorious891

Dec 17, 2011
JohnnyDelRay said:
I'm so torn over this, I'm one of the "absolutely adored the first one but can't decide if a WiiU is worth getting just for it." Exclusive really means exclusive, right? Any hope for it coming out on anything else at all, ever? I played the first one through twice, unlocked nearly everything, and that's a damn rarity for me these days given the time allocated to playing. Maaaaybe, if I could get a super deal on a WiiU, or maybe later down the track if I can get one second hand.
Seeing as Bayo 2 is being funded by Nintendo, there's no chance it'll appear on any platform. It's Wii U or bust sadly.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
DrOswald said:
JohnnyDelRay said:
DrOswald said:
snip
In my experience battery life for the game pad is around 2-4 hours (depending on the brightness you select) but if you put it back on the charger (it has a charging cradle it comes with so you don't even have to plug anything in) while you take breaks I tend to get upwards to 5 hours on medium brightness (plenty bright for a well lit room). It charges quick. Also, the cord they have for it is long and small so it isn't much of a problem to have it plugged in while you game.

You might also be interested in Wonderful 101, another game made by Platinum for the Wii U. It is another high energy brawler like Bayonetta. I really like it.

Extra controllers can be expensive, but for almost all multiplayer games all you are going to need is 3 remotes and maybe a nunchuk for each of them, you can get those fairly cheap. Nintendo sells the combo for $25 refurbished. I would just use the gamepad for everything else, it is a really good controller.

Honestly, the value of the Wii U depends on your other gaming platforms. The Wii U is the different option. PS4 and Xbox offer similar experiences, experiences you can also get on the PC for the most part, while the Wii U does its own thing. For the gaming enthusiast I would not suggest the Wii U be the only gaming device (unless Nintendo is really your thing), but it should certainly be the second. Get a PS4, Xbox One or PC. You only need one of those. Then get a Wii U.
Thanks for the helpful insight Doc! Yeah that doesn't sound so bad actually, and I'm not too far from the TV so I don't mind playing with the cord if need be. Refurbished and second hand wiimotes shouldn't be too hard to get, and yes, 2 is all you need, couple of my friends had Wii's so I'm sure they could bring one of theirs if needed. I already have a PC and PS3, and I don't intend on getting a PS4 either unless an exclusive really gets me onto it, so I think a WiiU might just be the ticket in the interim. Wonderful 101 looks pretty crazy, looks rather innovative and a good use of the gamepad.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
OtherSideofSky said:
I have it preordered and I don't even own a Wii-U. I probably can't even afford to get one this year. I liked the first one so much I'm getting the sequel anyway.
Lol I actually did that for Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast I didnt pre order it though I just loved the game so much I needed to own it despite not having the console for ages. I used to play it round my friends house constantly but he had the game so I really didnt need my own copy but let me tell ya when I did get my Dreamcast its was awesome, when I got my memory card later again it was even better.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
JohnnyDelRay said:
Thanks for the helpful insight Doc! Yeah that doesn't sound so bad actually, and I'm not too far from the TV so I don't mind playing with the cord if need be.
Just on the topic of battery life.If you have a bit of spare cash you can buy a higher capacity battery for the Gamepad like this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Game-High-Capacity-Battery/dp/B00EZPU0E2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412256397&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+u+battery

I bought one and get about 7-8 hours between charges now.That said the charging cable is pretty unobtrusive so it's not that big a deal having it plugged in

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
Dragonbums said:
One has to ask though, what other games were coming out in Japan at the time Bayonetta did? This seems like one of those franchises that do a lot better overseas than in their home country. For instance, historically, the Metroid series always sold a lot more copies in the US than it ever did in Japan.

I...honestly think the kind of games Platinum makes just doesn't sync up with what Japan thinks is cool at the moment.
Girls that are ships and take clothing damage are all the rage in Japan, it seems.

But yeah, Smash was the top seller of that week, kicking Nintendo to the side.
Cause who has WiiUs? - Nintendo fans.
What will Nintendo fans buy with no questions asked - Smash, even though it's on 3DS.

Sould1n

Jan 23, 2011
I would love to get it... but with Christmas coming up and having already pre-ordered the limited edition Crystal White Xbox One with Sunset Overdrive... I won't be able to buy it at the time. That said, it is amongst the top of my Christmas list alongside an external hard-drive for my Wii U and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, and I'll likely get one of my brothers to pre-order the special edition for my Chistmas present.

Ultimately, I should be getting it on Christmas Day if things go well.