Beauty and the Beast - Time to Crush a Rose

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Pyrian said:
bjj hero said:
Can we agree that if you imprison someone against their will that it is wrong and the proper authorities should get involved? That as a crime it warrants sanction?

There appears to be no real police force in this town. Just a town militia. Ive not seen this film in over a decade so excuse me if a policeman turns up in the 2nd act.
Well, this is a feudal setting, so the proper ultimate authority would be the local noble. Y'know. ...Beast.
In said setting fire and pitch forks is the correct answer to monsters and magic. Most situations really.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
My biggest disappointment is how they embellished so many of the classic songs and added a couple of new ones, but didn't use anything from the musical. I desperately wanted to see Gaston's proposal song, 'Me' in live action, and they use some material from it in the lead up to 'Gaston' (the bit about a rustic hunting lodge, little wife massaging my feet, etc), but no. The only big original number we get is the Beast's solo, which was admittedly very good.

The even left out 'Human Again', which was in the Disney version, albeit the DVD release.