Beavis and Butt-head Are Back

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Sounds good. I liked the old series but it is MTV

Either it will make MTV watchable again or it will just end up being some more shit made on that channel

Fuloqwam

Jul 29, 2009
I was a fan, and I guess I still am. I think this could go either way. Mike Judge has done some decent stuff, and he's also done complete garbage.

I'm REALLY curious to see if they bring back the Unskippable-style music video commentaries. With current music videos, I think that could be hilarious.

Saarai-fan

Nov 12, 2009
DUN DUNNA DU NA NA NA, DANA NA NA NA NA NA NAH NAH NAH!!!

I'm glad to hear this. Now if MTV brang back Headbanger's Ball and Yo MTV Rap's, along with Celebrity Deathmatch and TRL, MTV will be offically 100% cooler again. But this is definately getting the ball rolling.

Gamegodtre said:
please please destroy Bieber
I'm for that too.

Vigilantis said:
Good news but I'd much rather have King Of The Hill back...=(
Chances were low that they'd do that, ever since Brittany Murphy died, who voiced Luanne on the show. Sure, they could probably can just say her, Lucky, and their daughter moved to another state and not have them make any appearances except in photos, but I think a lot of the fans would agree it wouldn't be the same.

yanipheonu said:
They canceled King of the Hill for THIS?!
No, Fox cancled King of the Hill for the Cleveland Show, and Mike Judge went onto ABC to make this garbage, the Goode Family.

Yep, that cartoon show sucked.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
From how it sounds MTV might actually show a few music videos. That is a surprise.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Personally I would just be happy if they released the original series on DVD/Blu-Ray. They have some collection sets, but I would like to see the whole thing.

I am not a huge fan of the restarting of the series, personally I am not sure if it would resonated with the current youth generation who has been brought up on large amounts of reality TV.

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
Saarai-fan said:

I'm glad to hear this. Now if MTV brang back Headbanger's Ball and Yo MTV Rap's, along with Celebrity Deathmatch and TRL, MTV will be offically 100% cooler again. But this is definately getting the ball rolling.

Gamegodtre said:
please please destroy Bieber
I'm for that too.

Vigilantis said:
Good news but I'd much rather have King Of The Hill back...=(
Chances were low that they'd do that, ever since Brittany Murphy died, who voiced Luanne on the show. Sure, they could probably can just say her, Lucky, and their daughter moved to another state and not have them make any appearances except in photos, but I think a lot of the fans would agree it wouldn't be the same.

yanipheonu said:
They canceled King of the Hill for THIS?!
No, Fox cancled King of the Hill for the Cleveland Show, and Mike Judge went onto ABC to make this garbage, the Goode Family.

Yep, that cartoon show sucked.
wasn't it Comedy Central for the Goode Family and on another note i kinda liked the Goode Family.....

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Fappy said:
Well look on the bright side. Maybe we'll have an excuse to actually watch Mtv for the first time in over a decade.
Last I watched MTV (the original) was the Jackass 24 hour takeover. Other than MTV 2 every so often, that's it. (why did MTV 2 stop showing it's hour of 90's shows such as The State, Aeon Flux, etc.?)

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Saarai-fan said:

TRL was horrible (showing 30 seconds of a music video w/ a bunch of airheads screaming "WOOOO!" over it does NOT make for good TV), and they did bring back Celebrity Deathmatch...for MTV 2. And save for maybe three deathmatches in the reboot, it wasn't entertaining at all.

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
If there was any way to make me believe in the existence of a god, this would be it.

goldenheart323

Oct 9, 2009
Goode Family was great! That show took tree-hugging liberalism & cranked it up to 11. It was so absurd, but that's what made it so funny. :-D I wouldn't expect any liberals, (or anyone,) to enjoy any of their ideals being made fun of though.

EboMan7x

Jul 20, 2009
The only thing that worries me is the thought of them being into modern music... I mean... what metal is popular today?

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
"This is the coolest thing I have ever seen."

Finally after all the crap MTV has given us, they finally bring back Beavis and Butt-head. If you are going to fill a "music" network with cartoon shows, you might as well bring the best one back, which btw has actual music videos during the show. Looking forward to the new episodes.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Um, uh. That's a really bad idea, Beavis and Butthead was really a show exclusive to its time. I don't think it'll do well now.

Not that it won't get a well deserved chance. Though in terms of Judge shows, I preferred King of the Hill, personally.

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
Gaderael said:
BloodRed Pixel said:
Gaderael said:
Ewyx said:
Ok, how about we get Daria instead... or maybe not, let's not ruin it.
You'd rather watch Diarrhea than Beavis and Butthead? You make me sad.

Beavis and Butthead permanently warped my Brain when I was about 12 years old
and it seems you have not aged a bit, since then.
If you're referring to the Diarrhea bit, that was what Beavis and Butthead called her in the show. I watched a couple of episodes of Daria, and it seemed pretty good, I just never got in to watching it all the time.

And only sometimes do I act like I haven't changed a bit.
I see how a 12 year old cannot relate to Diarrhea.
I really like B&B. it´s perfect brawny fun for my braindead hours.

Daria is the ANTI B&B. Intelligent, sarcastic, out off the box.
for me it´s among the top 3 best animation series ever made.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
BloodRed Pixel said:
Gaderael said:
BloodRed Pixel said:
Gaderael said:
Ewyx said:
Ok, how about we get Daria instead... or maybe not, let's not ruin it.
You'd rather watch Diarrhea than Beavis and Butthead? You make me sad.

Beavis and Butthead permanently warped my Brain when I was about 12 years old
and it seems you have not aged a bit, since then.
If you're referring to the Diarrhea bit, that was what Beavis and Butthead called her in the show. I watched a couple of episodes of Daria, and it seemed pretty good, I just never got in to watching it all the time.

And only sometimes do I act like I haven't changed a bit.
I see how a 12 year old cannot relate to Diarrhea.
I really like B&B. it´s perfect brawny fun for my braindead hours.

Daria is the ANTI B&B. Intelligent, sarcastic, out off the box.
for me it´s among the top 3 best animation series ever made.
I shall have to give Daria another chance then.