Behold the Appropriately Angry Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Box Art

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Definitely cool. Kind of looks like the main character is knocking off the Marines from Starcraft though...

I kid I kid
4/10, almost had me for a moment there.

Warhams 40k is a wonderful setting, full of hate, hate, and more hate. The closest thing to good guys (Tau) let anyone join their collective, so long as they're all effectively indentured servants to the Tau. This box with its ANGRY ANGRY SMURF MARINE and the FUN-LOVING MASS-MURDERING ORKS very much follows in the vein of the endless nonsense that has come before.

Here's hoping it's at least halfway decent!

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Definitely cool. Kind of looks like the main character is knocking off the Marines from Starcraft though...

I kid I kid
Oh you.

This game looks awesome, I want it nao!

Orks and Chaos, perfect combination for fun...ofc Eldar wouldn't hurt either :>

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Agayek said:
dogstile said:
Man, I want a game where you play as orcs.

... or a mod for mount and blade thats warhammer themed. I would LOVE that.
That would be amazing. I'd totally buy a game where I could play as a Warboss leading a WAAAAGH. 'twould be beyond awesome.
dogstile said:

You can use Orks in the new Dawn of War II. The campaign is more or less the same for each race but you can play as Space Marines, Chaos Marines, Orks, Eldar, Tyranids, or Imperial Army.

Darth IB

Apr 7, 2010
I am so excited for this game I could explode.

Also, is that a tyranid I spot by the ultra marine's hand?

EPolleys

May 12, 2010
icyneesan said:
Needs more Chaos.
Trust me it's there, even if they hadn't announced it already I still fully expected Chaos forces to show up at some point. It's always Chaos to show up, and it's either going to be Khorne or Nurgle worshipers (speculating) I kinda wish they would have the orgy loving Slaanesh worshipers show up instead, it would make for a nice change of pace...

Ot: The game looks pretty cool but this story just reeks of Matt Ward stench, ever since I read about what he did to the ultramarines back story I couldn't take them seriously anymore.

Edit: Shit, just reread your post and got what you meant, my bad. But yeah I'd like to see a bad ass Chaos poster, probably goes along with what I said though, they typically try to act like it's a big suprise when they show up, yet they show them in the freaking ads X(
(Applies to the other games as well)

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Jodah said:
Agayek said:
dogstile said:

That would be amazing. I'd totally buy a game where I could play as a Warboss leading a WAAAAGH. 'twould be beyond awesome.
dogstile said:

You can use Orks in the new Dawn of War II. The campaign is more or less the same for each race but you can play as Space Marines, Chaos Marines, Orks, Eldar, Tyranids, or Imperial Army.
I meant a 3rd person fighting game as an orc, but with RPG elements. Would be cool

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Jodah said:
I know. It's not quite the same as an action game like Space Marine or whatever though. That's kinda what I want to play. An action game as an ork as part of a WAAAGH where you and 30,000,000 of your buddies rampage over a dozen planets and leave nothing but ash behind you.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Boxinatorizore said:
Very angry...
It's nowhere near angry enough.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Angry Marines.

S3Cs4uN 8

Apr 25, 2011
Joe Deadman said:
Nice box art very pretty, too bad i'll probably be getting this through steam so no pretty art for me D:

Oh well i'm not that bothered.
I' shall one up your angry picture

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Darth IB said:

Well spotted, I totally missed it. So does that mean we're having Orcs, Chaos and Tyranids as the antagonists?

On that note, my Imperial Guard will be facing the greenskins tomorrow. Wish me luck.

warthoggunner

Oct 11, 2009
ALWAYS ANGRY, ALL THE TIME!!

Anyway, looking forward to this game. Might not be the best thing ever,
but "decent" would be good enough for me.

Until then, I will read the bloody brilliant Horus Heresy novels.

PinochetIsMyBro

Aug 21, 2010
Thyunda said:
It's not so bad - except I never really thought the Space Marines were good guys. They were over-religious zealots, and their answer to an uncivilised planet was to burn everything on it.
Yes, and compared to everyone else they're still the good guys.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
S3Cs4uN 8 said:
Joe Deadman said:
Nice box art very pretty, too bad i'll probably be getting this through steam so no pretty art for me D:

Oh well i'm not that bothered.
I' shall one up your angry picture
Nice, I missed that one.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Looks amazing, coupled with the gameplay, I shall be getting this...
...although less Ultrasmurf would be nice, and I wouldn't mind a game playing as an Archon or a Farseer

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Agayek said:
Jodah said:
I know. It's not quite the same as an action game like Space Marine or whatever though. That's kinda what I want to play. An action game as an ork as part of a WAAAGH where you and 30,000,000 of your buddies rampage over a dozen planets and leave nothing but ash behind you.
dogstile said:
Jodah said:
Agayek said:
dogstile said:

dogstile said:

I meant a 3rd person fighting game as an orc, but with RPG elements. Would be cool
Fair enough. The Last Stand portion of Dawn of War II is close but yeah, not the same.

Swedmarine

Mar 15, 2011
Iwata said:
Darth IB said:

Well spotted, I totally missed it. So does that mean we're having Orcs, Chaos and Tyranids as the antagonists?

On that note, my Imperial Guard will be facing the greenskins tomorrow. Wish me luck.
Sorry to rain your parades, but I think what you're looking at is the face of a bloodletter, unless your seeing something I'm not. Placing the bloodletter like that would be sneaky enough for the NPCs to still be able to go "Oh mah god! Those are chaos!! Run fer your livez!" while still teasing the audience.

And may the Emperor protect your Guards.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
I tell you what makes me cry, or at least grimace;
Using the term Chainsaw Sword when their actual name is CHAINSWORD. It even rolls off the tongue!

Also yes, that's a bloodletter.