Behold the Appropriately Angry Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Box Art

TheMadTypist

Sep 8, 2009
Iwata said:
Darth IB said:
I am so excited for this game I could explode.

Also, is that a tyranid I spot by the ultra marine's hand?
Well spotted, I totally missed it. So does that mean we're having Orcs, Chaos and Tyranids as the antagonists?

On that note, my Imperial Guard will be facing the greenskins tomorrow. Wish me luck.
I think that's actually one of khorne's bloodletter daemons. Not that I'm opposed to tyranids, but if there are actually tyranids on the ground already then it's going to be a hell of a lot tougher to save that forge world.

On the subject of the art, I must say when I clicked the article the first thing I said was "Oh, hell yes!" and the four point breakdown is a very good description of what I think this game will be about.

At first, I was a little distressed about the ultramarines being the game's representative chapter, but I've been rereading some of the ultramarines books recently and while I do like the lore behind some of the others a little more :cough:salamanders:cough: I think starting us off with an ultramarines game is a good idea. maybe we'll get a deathwatch follow-up if the main characters manage to somehow drive off the ork invasion (and survive).

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
You know you're manly when you're pushing the weaker enemies out of the way to get to the tougher ones at the back.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
I want this game so hard.

What's nice about 40k is that it's classier because it's staying true to itself. It's always been about war, brutality, and murder. This game is about murdering aliens because they're not human and they hate us and that's it. I used to hate the 40k Space Marines because I thought they were just over-the-top, uber-religious man beasts, but now I know that they're the last line of defense for humanity in a galaxy that wants nothing more than to kill every last one of us. There's a nobility in their zealotry. It's compelling because even though we, so enlightened in that uniquely postmodern way, see their blind faith as a vice to be avoided at all costs, we can't help but acknowledge how necessary they are in protecting mankind and how necessary the religion surrounding the Emperor is in maintaining order and solidarity where there would otherwise be a horribly vulnerable disunity...

In short, Space Marines are awesome.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
its almost minimalist.
But in a good way.

I personally love all things 40k, but when it comes to the games, im usually skeptical.
But everything ive seen about this game so far points to it being a "Space marine leaping into a group of Greenskins" good time.

Cerberus_2.0

Apr 25, 2011
Darth IB said:

Nope. that is most definately a blood letter. tyrannids have head "plates". not like the smooth crimson chrome dome you little red freind is rocking.

and as for the squig idea, squigs have more then just 2 eyes and doesn't have such a long tongue.

spect som a dem' chaos boyz.
and i do hope that we don't have to play as an ultramarine... i'd rather join the band of failiures and screwballs of the black legion then be an ultramarine.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
Iwata said:

Nah thats a squig. A fungus style of creature orks use sometimes.

Darth IB said:
Well spotted, I totally missed it. So does that mean we're having Orcs, Chaos and Tyranids as the antagonists?

On that note, my Imperial Guard will be facing the greenskins tomorrow. Wish me luck.
Good luck!

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
When I read the "Behold" part of the title, I automatically thought of this;

Anyway, that is some pretty standard space marine-y box art. I mean, really, you can't get any more Space Marine than calling your game Space Marine.

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
The Bloodletter is all like 'oh hai guys'. Like everyone else I loathe the Ultrasmurfs, couldn't they give one of the less well known chapters a shot?

commodore96

Aug 31, 2010
TheMadTypist said:
At first, I was a little distressed about the ultramarines being the game's representative chapter, but I've been rereading some of the ultramarines books recently and while I do like the lore behind some of the others a little more :cough:salamanders:cough: I think starting us off with an ultramarines game is a good idea. maybe we'll get a deathwatch follow-up if the main characters manage to somehow drive off the ork invasion (and survive).
A death watch game would be amazing, I would love to make a kill team with my friends.

OT: I can't wait for this game.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Worgen said:
dogstile said:
Man, I want a game where you play as orcs.

... or a mod for mount and blade thats warhammer themed. I would LOVE that.
I want a 40k survival horror game with the tyranids as the monsters and the orks as the "good guys" we iz gots to kill da gribblies
Replace ork with imperial guard and you'd have a survival horror.

As it stands, a single orc will see a horde of tyrannids and go "fuck it, WAAAAGGGGHHHHHH", killing all horror :p

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
Thyunda said:
It's not so bad - except I never really thought the Space Marines were good guys. They were over-religious zealots, and their answer to an uncivilised planet was to burn everything on it.
They are. However, when you look at the other factions...

- The Forces of Chaos want to murder you and/or eat your soul.
- The Orcs are bred to kill, kill, eat, and kill some more. Then kill for good measure. After they're done killing.
- The Tyranid are a hive mind of bloodthirsty ravenous monsters that consume anything they come across.
- The Necron want to murder you eat and your soul too.
- The Eldar are xenophobes with a severe superiority complex who will kill you for not being Eldar.
- The Tau want you to join them in unity and prosperity, and will bring said unity with force. Lots of force. Fired from cannons. From orbit.

There are no good guys, just less bad.

Welcome to the 41st millennium.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Leftnt Sharpe said:
The Bloodletter is all like 'oh hai guys'. Like everyone else I loathe the Ultrasmurfs, couldn't they give one of the less well known chapters a shot?
\
Well it was either the Ultrasmurfs or the Blood Ravens. They seem to be the ones THQ loveand always use, but your right what about the Space Wolves or Black Templars?

reCAPTCHA:ancentiv Gabarra

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
dogstile said:
Worgen said:
dogstile said:

I want a 40k survival horror game with the tyranids as the monsters and the orks as the "good guys" we iz gots to kill da gribblies

As it stands, a single orc will see a horde of tyrannids and go "fuck it, WAAAAGGGGHHHHHH", killing all horror :p
nah nah nah, the guard would be too standard altho you could do bits with them both but I think having orks would be much cooler, I mean its not like they dont suffer from some fear, they still get suppressed pretty easy and retreat before SM would

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Worgen said:
dogstile said:
Worgen said:
dogstile said:

nah nah nah, the guard would be too standard altho you could do bits with them both but I think having orks would be much cooler, I mean its not like they dont suffer from some fear, they still get suppressed pretty easy and retreat before SM would
That's not fear. Thats "Bugger it! They gotz bigga gunz! Leg it boyz, we'z need some help!".

Orks literally don't know what fear is, i've never seen it once in my ork codex :p

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
Chainsaw swords and power armor?

Just needs shurikens and lightning and it'll be pure epic.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
dogstile said:
Worgen said:
dogstile said:
Worgen said:
dogstile said:

That's not fear. Thats "Bugger it! They gotz bigga gunz! Leg it boyz, we'z need some help!".

Orks literally don't know what fear is, i've never seen it once in my ork codex :p
"Oie da gribblies is too tough, lets leg it boyz"

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
rsvp42 said:
last line of defense for humanity
I have an 5 armies of Praetorian's, Steel legion, Cadians, Catchans, and Moridan Iron Guardsmen that say FUCK YOU!.

You know nothing of this world. The Marines are the tip of the spear, Guard is the rest of the spear. Marines get so much attention because they are the ones GW wants to sell more and more of.
The Guard are just a wall of meat to slow them down, but they do their part.