BEST AI in a game

KaZZaP

Aug 7, 2008
The AI in GTA4 was really good but no one really seems to notice. You can have so much fun shooting a guy in the leg and then just following him and pushing him every now and then. And if you shove some gangster or his hoe he'll start messing you up.

Even when you just bump into people a business man might ***** up and ask to be left alone while some crazy guy in the alley will threaten you. It added a lot to the games immersion and that seems to be what they we're shooting for in GTA4.

iggyus

Apr 18, 2009
Enemies were pretty fucked up in F.E.A.R. They always flanked, tried to get behind you, threw grenades and used some brutal team tactics. It was impressive.

cordeos

Apr 2, 2009
Killzone 1, i was playing spitscreen and my friend got killed, i ran to get the bot and as i passed through the door the bot shotguned me in the back of the head, it was the first time a bot had set up a non-scripted trap for me.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
llewgriff said:
I liked the guys in gears of war 2 and rainbow six vegas 2
The ai in both those games are retards - more in GOW2, but in vegas they will keep climbing down a ladder BECUASE you shot their friend while he was climbing down the laddder...And other things like that, your partners in single player are retards as well. Even if they are fantastic in combat.

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
L4D has nice A.I. allies... I just wished they used some damn explosives.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
i never really notice stuff about AI, i just play the game (i don't think "oh cool the AI is pretty damn good" when playing KZ 2 i'm more thinking "ZOMG THEY'RE THROWING GRENADES AT ME" and "ZOOOOMGGG THEY'RE TRYING TO FLANK ME!" or ZOMG!!!... wait, thats the end of the game...?") buuuut if i had to say i'd probably go with GTA IV, not cause of combat capabilities and such but for the sheer variety of actions the pedestrians do, and the way they react with you etc etc.

Smokeydubbs

Mar 18, 2009
The best AI I've seen came from MoH:pacific Assault. I was playing skirmish or whatever that game mode is. I was just messing around, 1v1 against the hardest AI. I started camping and killed it a few times. Then eventually he stopped coming around. About 5 mins later I move a few steps and I completely destroyed by it. It baited me out and smoked me.

7Horns7Eyes

Apr 19, 2009
For me it was the harvesters from C&C. Cunning and resourceful in their never ending search for for tiberium, with routes calculated to nanometer prescision.