Best Break-up Songs

MMMATT

May 21, 2009
For those of you who have gone through at least one painful separation from an ex-girl/boyfriend, post your break-up song playlist. If you haven't gone through a break-up, just post what you perceive to be the most powerful break-up song(s).

I'd go with "Every Rose Has It's Thorns" by Poison as a standard or, more personally, "Hum Hallelujah" by Fall Out Boy. "Gives You Hell" by All-American Rejects is also good.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Good riddance (green day) is really good for a breakup song, or if you dont want to split but shes leaving, "The scientist" By coldplay.

Just like to add that the latter is not due to experiance, but the former is.

And if you havent heard "the scientist" i suggest you do.

NJ

Feb 12, 2009
The Eagles' Already Gone.

Best song if you broke up with your loved one.

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
Denial Revisited by The Offspring, that and The Approaching Curve by Rise Against. Though possibly only when your not driving for the 2nd one.

EDIT: If its your fault then "If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough" by Roger Alan Wade is good too.

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
"So Long" by Firefall
"Already Gone" by The Eagles
"50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" by Paul Simon
"Beast of Burden" by Rolling Stones (a personal favorite if you're glad to be rid of a deadbeat)
"This is the Thing" by Fink
"Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers
"Empty Promises" by Michael Burks
"Can't Take No More" by Scott McKeon
"Simple Twist of Fate" by Sean Costello (great cover of a great Dylan song; Costello's bluesy guitar lends it that soulful twist)
"L.A. County" by Lyle Lovett
"Love Doesn't Last Too Long" by The Weepies
"The Bitter End" by Placebo
"Something of an End" by My Brightest Diamond
"Every Day I Love You Less and Less" by The Kaiser Chiefs
"Everything I Once Had" by The Honorary Title
"Breaking My Heart" by Aqualung

I know, a lot of songs, but really depending on what mood you're in after the breakup, there's something for everything: anger, sadness, regret, and relief.

queensbomb

Feb 10, 2009
In the Fade or Gonna Leave You by Queens of the Stone Age. Didn't realize the former was about leaving a girl til last night though.