Best Controllers

Fanta Grape

Aug 17, 2010
Use search function. There was a thread similar to this very recently.

I'm torn between a keyboard and the 360 controller.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
The best one does not exist alas (or at least, I've not found it).
The Xbox360 sticks and triggers, but with the PS3 D-pad, and full Sixaxis, Rumble, and Bluetooth support.

The Dreamgear Shadow 6 is close, except for the lacking Bluetooth (uses a stupid WLAN dongle) and the not 100% Sixaxis support (it is a little off compared to a vanilla controller).

For nostalgia reasons I'll have to pick the SNES/Super Famicom controller though.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
The wavebird wireless controller for the gamecube, if you are playing gamecube accept no substitute, it was as nice as the wireless controllers currently for 360 and ps3. The first wireless controller actually worth giving a damn about.

PuppetDoctor

Jun 22, 2011
My favorite controller is the SNES controller but a close runner-up would be the Xbox 360 controller.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
X360 controller.
It fits nicely in your hand. Dpad and analog stick have been moved to more practical use. And the triggers are concave, so your fingers don't slip off every 5 seconds.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
keyboard and mouse for first person shooters, strategy games and most rpg's. some type of controller for third person action games, beat-em-ups and racing games (short of a steering wheel i guess), but wich controller i do not know due to being a proud member of the glorious pc gaming master race and not having a clue about which controller is better :p

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
The GameCube controller was brilliant, it fit so damn well in your hand. Second to that is the 360 controller, again perfectly designed

Kevo32A

Jun 2, 2011
To me, the ps3 and the xbox 360 have cracked the formula perfectly. (and the black wii classic controller). There is a reason sony hasn't changed their controllers since dualshock.

ArtemusClydeFrog

Feb 1, 2011
feeback06 said:
The dualshock 2 was controller perfection in my eyes.
I agree. I think the PS2 controller is the most brilliant controller ever, very intuitive and comfortable (basically the PS1 dual shock controller is the same, but I think the black controller for the PS2 is a tad more elegant).

I love the fact that the PS3 controller is cordless, but I like the original, simple shoulder buttons better than the weird ones they put on the PS3 controller.

odBilal

Feb 7, 2009
BigTortoise said:
Clicked on this thread hoping for a recommended PC gaming controller, ended in disappointment. Anyone willing to throw any at me?
There is a 360/PC USB controller made by Razer called Onza
It has 2 extra buttons, a better D-Pad and adjustable sensitiviti for the analog sticks

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The Gamecube controller, it fit right into my hand and it never give me any aching pain.

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
the spud said:
The SNES controller.

Twas perfect for pretty much any 2D game.
Here, here.
Also, its pretty much the basis for all modern day controllers. They all follow the same layout just adding different colors and renaming buttons.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
The 360 controller is the most comfortable out there, together with the n64 and gamecube controllers.

Dualshock is just horrible though.

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
Mouse and Keyboard for almost any genre of gaming.

If there's ever a case where they don't work the 360/PS3 contorllers are great. Yeah I'm putting them alongside each other since they're essentially the same controller in terms of button placement.