Best Disney Movie

Cranyx

Mar 6, 2011
Watching The Lion King again, but for the first time in theaters, reminded me of how great of a movie it is. There were adults who openly wept at the death of Mufasa, and I'll admit that cynical me might have come close to tearing up. There aren't many movies like that made anymore, especially not aimed towards children (Please take note that I didn't say there weren't ANY.)

In your opinion, what is the best movie that Disney has ever come out with?

Arluza

Jan 24, 2011
well, Mary Poppins is my favorite Disney DIRECTED movie, but Disney also gave me Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and the rest of the Miasaki films in the state. So I'll give you 2 answers:

Spirited Away
Mary Poppins.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Best Disney movie you say?

CHICKEN LITTLE, BRO!

I've seen it more than 200 times and I still can't get enough. I think it's just the perfect movie.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Hercules.

Words cannot describe how much I adore that movie. I must have seen it well over 50 times in my life. Still entertains me immensely.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Arluza said:
well, Mary Poppins is my favorite Disney DIRECTED movie, but Disney also gave me Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and the rest of the Miasaki films in the state. So I'll give you 2 answers:

Spirited Away
Mary Poppins.
Dammit! I was going to say Mary Poppins :(

I guess I'll just have to make do with posting this:

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Lion kimg? Maybe even Robin Hood? I di lije a few of em thst I can remember feom being younger. But its too hard to decide

Firstmark_Bannor

Aug 11, 2011
Am I the only one who remembers The Aristocats?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNEraxj559Y there's the link because i failed at embeding it

Nulmas

Jul 16, 2010
I'd have to go with The Lion King. It's one of those movies that I've love ever since it came out ;)

Never cared for the sequels, though.

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
I think The Lion King truly is the best Disney movie ever, but my favorite it's Fantasia
And I've always loved this segment (I even have a Chernabog t-shirt).

tehferret

Apr 8, 2011
Assuming we are talking about the (currently) 51 theatrical animated movies made by Disney, my list would have to include The Lion King, Basil the Great Mouse Detective, Oliver and Company and Mulan. If we expand that to include distrabution and so on, Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Up would need to be added.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Firstmark_Bannor said:
Am I the only one who remembers The Aristocats?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNEraxj559Y there's the link because i failed at embeding it
I think that was my favourite film before Monsters Inc. came out.

Fantasia is a good contender for best Disney film I think. Like j-e-f-f-e-r-s said, it is a revolutionary film and in many more ways than he mentioned. The work on that film brought stereophonic soundtracks to cinema and helped with the very creation of the sub-woofer speaker, multi-track recording, pan-pot and many other things[footnote]'Lo and behold the end results of my A2 Music Technology lectures[/footnote]. It's not my personal favourite film but it's certainly one of their best.

As for my personal favourite film, this is one I may get wrong as I'm going entirely off of nostalgia. But does anyone remember The Brave Little Toaster [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlpDZ5-xwLg]? I seem to distinctly remember that movie as being awesome.

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
Lion King, It's the best Disney animated film ever. And I don't include Miyazaki stuff in that, because that isn't disney, it's Miyazaki.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
doggie015 said:
wooty said:
Lion kimg? Maybe even Robin Hood? I di lije a few of em thst I can remember feom being younger. But its too hard to decide
So much spelling fail...

Attempted translation: "Lion king? Maybe even Robin Hood? I do like a few of them thst I can remember feom being younger. But its too hard to decide"
Oh dear, that was bad. Worst part is, I dont even remember typing that out at all.