Best/ favorite song &/ or band

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
SAT4NSLILHELPER said:
CrashBang said:
Best punk band: The Clash (fact!)
The Clash are great but as I have stated, Bad Religion.
Bad Religion are fantastic, touché. In fact, if I were to do a top 5 best/most influential punk bands, it'd probably be...
The Clash, Minor Threat, Bad Religion, Rancid and The Bronx
Actually that's more my personal top 5. Black Flag, Sex Pistols, Refused and NOFX are all up there in terms of influence and general fucking awesomeness

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
CrashBang said:
Bad Religion are fantastic, touché. In fact, if I were to do a top 5 best/most influential punk bands, it'd probably be...
Actually that's more my personal top 5. Black Flag, Sex Pistols, Refused and NOFX are all up there in terms of influence and general fucking awesomeness
Top 5, eh?

Bad Religion, The Clash, Rancid, Rise Against and Flogging Molly. (Sublime and NoFX somewhere as well)

(That's the most influential to me personally anyway as I don't feel qualified to speak for the whole genre)

Stilkon

Feb 19, 2011
John Crowdis said:
My Favorite song would be Reflection by Tool, because of it's theme.
I love you.

Anyway, SOAD is a pretty good choice. I, however, am really liking Devin Townsend's work right now. Ever hear of Ziltoid the Omniscient?

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
There is no chance I could name my favourite band.

Although Band on the Run would be my favourite album. (I think)

Chasing-The-Light

Jul 16, 2011
Favorite band: HIM - Such beautiful music, all around.
Favorite song: Coffin Fodder -Cradle of Filth
Favorite album: Leave a Whisper -Shinedown - I love their first CD. Since that first one, though, I haven't been able to get into their newer music.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
SAT4NSLILHELPER said:
CrashBang said:
Top 5, eh?

Bad Religion, The Clash, Rancid, Rise Against and Flogging Molly. (Sublime and NoFX somewhere as well)

(That's the most influential to me personally anyway as I don't feel qualified to speak for the whole genre)
I'll see you all of those bands, and raise The Ramones.

OT:My favorite band is probably Metallica or Seether at the moment.
My favorite song is Party Hard by Andrew WK.

MrMrAwesom

Mar 19, 2011
CrashBang said:
There's certainly no best band ever, however you could make some sub-categories like...

...Music threads are my favourite threads

I say "best" because I feel like discussion is based on opinions that use words like best where as questions are questions with no back & forth
like:
You blah blah...?
yes
*done*

So yeah I'm a noob at threads & that kind of stuff but I started this on a quest to get more than 8 bands on my computer :)

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Sunrider84 said:
BOOM! is a great song, man!

OT: Devin Townsend. The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.
These are some of my favorite songs featuring this brilliant man. I've included some songs which aren't very alike, to show off the difference between his styles from one album to the next.

I know a lot of people probably don't even check out a third of the songs posted in threads like this one, but PLEASE, if you are going to check out even one artist, let it be Devin Townsend. This man does not receive even HALF the attention he deserves.

If you like what you hear, feel free to PM me, and I'll do my very best to recommend you something along the lines of what you want. His array of songs and styles is vast.
I do find Devin Townsend quite hard to listen to, but that Earth day song is rather cool.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
My favorite band is Wilco, and they created my favorite song:

God, I can listen to that song on loop for eternity.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Jazoni89 said:
Sunrider84 said:

OT: Devin Townsend. The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.
These are some of my favorite songs featuring this brilliant man. I've included some songs which aren't very alike, to show off the difference between his styles from one album to the next.

I know a lot of people probably don't even check out a third of the songs posted in threads like this one, but PLEASE, if you are going to check out even one artist, let it be Devin Townsend. This man does not receive even HALF the attention he deserves.

If you like what you hear, feel free to PM me, and I'll do my very best to recommend you something along the lines of what you want. His array of songs and styles is vast.
I do find Devin Townsend quite hard to listen to, but that Earth day song is rather cool.
Oh? Why is that? I'm not questioning your opinion, I'm just curious as to what makes you think this way. No offense intended. =)

I guess it might be an aquired taste, at least if you're not big on metal. I remember showing Deadhead to a friend once, and he's been completely sold on Devin since then.

I'm happy you liked Earth Day though, it's my favorite Devin song. =)

vgdark

Jan 15, 2011
I Really dont know what my favourite band is but my favourite songs are:
Cradle Of Filth-Malice Through The Looking Glass
Shining-Neka Morgondagen
Devin Townsend-Addicted
Bring Me The Horizon-Crucify Me
Shining-Krossade Drömmar Och Brutna Löften
Megadeth-Holy Wars

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Sunrider84 said:
Jazoni89 said:
Sunrider84 said:

Oh? Why is that? I'm not questioning your opinion, I'm just curious as to what makes you think this way. No offense intended. =)

I guess it might be an aquired taste, at least if you're not big on metal. I remember showing Deadhead to a friend once, and he's been completely sold on Devin since then.

I'm happy you liked Earth Day though, it's my favorite Devin song. =)
I don't know, I prefer catchier hooks to my songs, and the sound doesn't make me excited, and want to sing it out loud. It sounds rather generic to me, and nothing I haven't heard before. Though I am looking into them as I have heard good things (especially on this forum) about Devin Townsend, and Strapping young lad (which I have know about for years), but I have yet to find anything that stands out from both bands. Maybe I'm just not into metal as much as I used to be. :/

In fact, maybe Protest the hero, System of a down, and Kamelot are the only metal bands I really listen to nowadays.

APLovecraft

Jan 13, 2010
changes all the time but atm it's lords of salem by rob zombie

v. brutal song if you haven't heard it

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
Flailing Escapist said:
I've posted this about 6 times but only because I fucking love it right now!
Your avatar is epic. Just wanted to tell you that...

To many variable things (including personal preference) to have a best band. My favourite bands are Ash and Asian Kung-Fu Generation.

I can't really nail down a favourite song but here are the two I love most over everything else.

Just when I heard this song, it blew me away. I had never heard anything so amazing as this song. I still think if I was forced to choose this would be my favourite song, just because of when I heard it and the impact it had on me.

I just love the way this song's melody goes, and the lyrics are pretty cool too. (I read/speak japanese btw so...)

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l2W2KNYGIWc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Favourite Song^^^^

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/94bGzWyHbu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Favourite Band (with favourite song by that band)

(First time i've attempted to embed a link so bear with me)

EDIT: I would appreciate somebody telling me how to embed links
( and show me the code thing for spoilers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2W2KNYGIWc <---- Favourite song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bGzWyHbu0&feature=channel_video_title <--- Favourite Band's song

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Jazoni89 said:
I don't know, I prefer catchier hooks to my songs, and the sound doesn't make me excited, and want to sing it out loud. It sound like rather generic to me, and nothing I haven't heard before. Though I am looking into them as I have heard good things (especially on this forum) about Devin Townsend, and Strapping young lad (which I have know about for years), but I have yet to find anything that stands out from both bands. Maybe I'm just not into metal as much as I used to be. :/

In fact, maybe Protest the hero, System of a down, and Kamelot are the only metal bands I really listen to nowadays.
In this case, I recommend Devin Townsend even stronger! I won't tell you to "Go listen to THIS album NOW!", but if you want something more easy-going, the Devin Townsend Project has a lot to offer. The album Addicted! is a sort of pop-inspired rock album with some very singable, catchy tunes.

This song for example. Very danceable, even.

He also recently released an album called Ghost, which is some really toned down, mellow stuff. Happy-sounding. It gives a feeling of "being content" and "at peace". If you feel like it, go back to my original post and check out the song there called Feather, it's my favorite track on Ghost.

To_Sirius

Aug 2, 2009
Sunrider84 said:

Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner.