Best/Favourate Anti-Zombie weapon?

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
Nhilus said:
so much shotgun love here, if zombies came a knocking I would NOT want to be seen with something that can run out of ammo gimme a katana or duel long swords then all I have to worry about it getting tired.

You do know, that the sword actually being rendered completely useless would happen first? And the fact you will be tossing blood into the air, and if that enters your body you are as good as zombied.

Actual weapon? A shotgun with all the trimmings, notably a rifle barrel to switch in far-off circumstances.. With a taurus as back-up, or this baby..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_U22_Neos

Seriously. Look at it. Look at the ammo it uses..

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
[spoiler/][img/]http://www.2000adreview.co.uk/news/2004/images/shaun.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

Cricket bat all the way.
Ahh good ol' shaun.

Molotov. You throw it, then you leave, knowing that the bastards will be dead in a hot second.

failing that, the hunting rifle is always lovely.

gsf1200

Oct 22, 2008
Shotguns suck! Most of them only hold 5 rounds, then what do you do? Take a ruger 10/22 with all the 100 round clips you can carry. You can carry a couple thousand rounds of .22, and they are powerful enough to penetrate the skull, and that's all you need.

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
gsf1200 said:
Shotguns suck! Most of them only hold 5 rounds, then what do you do? Take a ruger 10/22 with all the 100 round clips you can carry. You can carry a couple thousand rounds of .22, and they are powerful enough to penetrate the skull, and that's all you need.
You obviously don't know the weight of a "couple thousand rounds". Maybe 2-3 drum magazines. But that is pushing it, because your space to store will be severely low with only what you can carry.

Kais86

May 21, 2008
I repeat: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atchisson_Assault_Shotgun 32 rounds and it will eat your chainsaw rocket alive. The US Army happens to agree with the ammo/weight ratio of this thing being appalling however it would be my weapon of choice as it would let me clear the immediate area ... well almost immediately.

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
sirsolo said:
Mr_Powers said:
This is the best anti-zombie melee weapon out there.
Effectively a Kukri?
I looked it up on Wikipedia and on Google. Looks like it's a sword version of the kukri, yes. The length and curve gives it the chopping power of an axe and the cutting edge of a sword. Pretty cool weapon, only time I've seen an ancient Oriental weapon improved on by an ancient Western weapon. Katana is still my choice, though, at least till I get a chance to wield one of these bad boys.

TriSarahTops

Feb 19, 2009
crowbar or any kind of flaming weapon eg, molotov, grenade, flamethrower, box of matches (my favourite.)

starrman

Feb 11, 2009
gsf1200 said:
And the speed that thing fires, how many zombies do you think you can take down before you have to reload, especially in the panic of it all? If you could carry 1000 rounds it would last you all of 10 minutes and you'd have a terrible ammo/hit ratio.

A shotgun has spread effect, serious surety of kill, unlike relying on headshots from a .22 because body shots aren't gonna cut it. If you can up the capacity from 5 to 8 or 10 in a shotgun you're guaranteeing at least that many kills and possibly more. It also ensures you don't need to be a crack shot. Nah, gimme a combat shotgun any day.

Lyiat

Dec 10, 2008
Death Star. There is no better way to stop a Zombie outbreak than to quarentien the entire planet, then blow it to hell...

In all seriousness, however, I'd likely go with a crow bar, my katana, and an auto-shotty from Left 4 Dead.

Zippy1313

Mar 26, 2008
After playing Eat Lead, I would have to say a water gun. One shot head kills are the best.

Rahnzan

Oct 13, 2008
Too much of this Zombie Survival Guide crap (not the thread, but the actual book). I read it, it was decent, it doesn't know what it's talking about half the time.

Fire is an excellent weapon. What happens when fire touches your brain? It burns. You die. Shoot a zombie in the spine and suddenly you have a quadrapeligic zombie. Oh no it can bite me! It's on the floor, what's it going to do?

Explosions rip people APART. Shurikens were most definitly not invented to crack skulls open, and rapiers aren't the flimsy pokey stabby pieces of metal everyone thinks they are (at least not until you get into the later half of the century). The katana is not the end all sword. They get dull just like any other blade and probably quicker because of how thin they are. I cant tell you how many times I've seen a wall hangar lying around in a friends room in 2 pieces because they decided to hit something harder than wood. Everyone just loves to forget that western swordsmen had as much finesse and skill as any samurai, who for the most part were poets. Ya don't go a few hundred years slaying your enemies without proper technique. Also...Shaolin spade? Is Max Brooks serious? How many people can go into their garage and dust off the ol spade eh? Double sided weapons are a silly idea because without years of practice you're liable to injure yourself.

Personally I'd take a 9mm, a crowbar, a heavy duty truck and as many molotovs and pipe bombs as I could create and carry safely with nonperishable foods. If it can disable a human it can disable a zombie, I dont need to kill it, I just need to keep it from getting to me. If it dies, so much the better.

aussiesniper

Mar 20, 2008
Firia said:
Thank you. :) I've read that, and I've shook my head at some of the weapon choices here. Tisk tisk! High Cal weapons draw distant zombies (sound), and flame throwers cause collateral damage without effectivly stoping the creature. Other weapons are to close range, hand to hand combat is plain outragious.

My weapon of choice is a Safe Place, a lifetime supply of food and water, good company, and entertainment to wile away the hours. As readers of the book will no doubt know, "There is no safe place; only safer."
You know what? I'm sick of people saying that thay would choose a .22 weapon in the zombie apocalypse. The range of a .22 is very short when compared to other weapons and it has poor ballistic qualities. Do you know what it's primary civillian uses are? Shooting rabbits. You are relying on a calibre designed to shoot rabbits at ~100 metres as your main weapon against the undead.

However, I agree with you and Max Brooks about the use of fire as a weapon.

Personally, I'd try to get my hands on a 7.62x51 NATO bolt-action sniper rifle (and hopefully hollowpoint or softpoint rounds) and a semiautomatic .357 or 9x19 pistol for the zombie apocalypse. I'd settle for an SKS, though.

"I am ze Übermensch"
Nov 6, 2007
um ill take a mini gun thats if ill leave my castle and get out of my tank!!!
other thant ill take sandvitch and nom nom nom nom ill till its over!!!!

"I am ze Übermensch"
Nov 6, 2007
hell i just had a better idea ill build sentry guns and barracade in castle/fort were my garden can supply me with fresh food

Yegargeburble

Nov 11, 2008
tellmeimaninja said:
Ak-47 (world's best assault rifle, and of course, for close encounters, the crowbar.
AK-47 was exactly what I was going to say. My close range weapon would also be a crowbar, but I would have to have some form of shotgun on me at all times in case of larger crowds of zombies. I think it would be devastating if I could get them to bottleneck somewhere.