Best Games You've Found In The Bargain Bin

Liudeius

Oct 5, 2010
Dark Cloud for $9. It's not that great a game or a great deal, but after that visit to GameStop I never bought a used game again, hence, no more bargain bin.
(I bought a few other games at the same time, and one which I bought heavily used for $20 didn't even work, while the other which I bought "new" had scratches on the disc and sticker residue on the packaging)

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
James Bond: Quantum of Solice for $9. I was presently surprised how good a game it was, given it's status as a movie tie-in.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Tempest 2000 for £5, not THAT long after it was current. On CDROM. Copied the actual program part onto a floppy (it was only 1.3mb) and played it on the 486s at school, which were just fast enough to make a good fist of it. Excellent game. I'd quite like to see a HD remake of it, so long as nothing was changed except the resolution...

Recently picked up Sid Meier's Railroads for £2, but time will have to tell whether or not that's a good deal or a waste of a coin.

Too bad I have no real idea what "John Woo presents Stranglehold" is, or whether I'd want it / if it's any good. Because the same place I bought SMR from is selling THAT for... 7p. One presumes it's a typo and it was meant to be £7... or £4.97... or even 97p. But no. Seven pence. If it's still there next time I'm in, I may just buy it as a cheaper and more attractive alternative to using a dead DVDR as a drinks coaster.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Wild Arms 3 for $5 when I was picking up an used PS2 probably one of my better finds.

Also found P3FES for $15, it was easily worth a full $60

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
Patapon 2 for £10, Banjo-Kazooie for about £5 and also a pokemon FireRed cartridge for £9, all at different times though, wish i could find the plug for my N64, would've played BK. :X

Been years since i bought it.

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
The Club for £4. I?m not kidding. I wanted to buy something else, but I couldn?t find it, so I went and looked for something else. I found this game, played it, and loved everything about it ever since. It?s basically kinda like a gritty third-person TimeSplitters.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Just a week ago I pulled out Singularity and Ghostbusters from a bargain bin. Got them for around 7 euro each and it was more than well worth it. Singularity was an awesome FPS that totally flew under my radar and Ghostbusters was pretty damn fun - though rather short.

jed12b

Jun 16, 2011
Chibi Robo: 10 bucks.

Hey, that game is rare. It stopped shipping to America only a few months after its release. Also, its fun as hell.

zuro64

Aug 20, 2009
Kagobin said:
dundeedave said:
Mass Effect 1 & 2 for £15.....

BARGAIN OF THE CENTENARY!!!!
What's a centenary?

You mean a cemetery?
I think he means century! other wise he wrote a word i havent come across in the dictionary:p

SomeBrianDude

Nov 30, 2010
Most recently Baldur's Gate and Diablo 2. I think I used up pretty much all my good luck for the year getting them for £4 all in. Found Body Harvest in a bargain bin a few years ago. Can't remeber how much I paid, but I got more than my money's worth from it.