Best Graphics

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
What game do you think has the best graphics. Upcoming video games don't count. For me I think Gran Turismo 5 has the best graphics.

Edit: And can you post videos to show them.

Edit 2: When I say graphics I mean graphics NOT AESTHETICS

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Really?

Sure, the graphics of the cars were nice, but I found almost everything else to be rather bad.
One would think that the backrounds and such would be pretty nice looking too, but to me they stood out in a bad way.

You'd think that it would be much better, given the time they spent developing it.

As for the best, I don't really have much to add.
Nicest looking game I've played recently was Fallout New Vegas, so I guess I'l go with that.

thenamelessloser

Jan 15, 2010
Chysis 2 for consoles at least. Note not aesthetically to me but when it comes to pure technical prowess and realism it is the best. Now, best overall aesthetics in a video game is rather different story. I would put games like Okami, Bioshock, Chrono Trigger, Planescape: Torment etc on that list even though some of them maybe 2D, not realistic looking, etc.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Witcher 2. Highest texture quality I've ever seen, great poly-count, intense lightning effects, bloom, physics etc. It's a very demanding game as well.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Metal Gear Solid 4 has the best graphics I've seen in a game, with Heavy Rain a close second. I hear Crysis 2's graphics are also sweet, but that's a game I have yet to buy.

Calumon: He's spending money on learning to drive and not enough on buying me treats and cakes!

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Crysis 2 and Halo ODST. Its hard to chose between the two but Crysis is graphically superior and ODST is too good looking. It would be like comparing Eva La Rue to Karen Gillian. I just can't.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Crysis (maxed out is still better than C2, even if the art direction is better in the second), Metro 2033, The Witcher 2, and Uncharted 2 for consoles.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
I think I might have to go with The Witcher 2 over Crysis 2, actually. The details on characters and environments were incredible. Crysis 2 may have had high pixel count, but you can't really capitalize that on generic soldiers or aliens. The city environments were quite impressive though.

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Woodsey said:
Crysis (maxed out is still better than C2, even if the art direction is better in the second), Metro 2033, The Witcher 2, and Uncharted 2 for consoles.
This. Crysis remains an absolute graphical beast.

EDIT: It's not out yet, but the PC version of Battlefield 3 might unseat Crysis. The Frostbite 2 engine looks insane.

pat34us

Sep 18, 2010
I am suprised no one mentioned FF 13, the game is crap but IMO it has the best graphics this gen.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
For it's time (2004-ish) and given the system (Gamecube), Metroid Prime 2 was absolutely stunning.

However, for recent technology, Crysis. Never played it on full settings - I actually play on mostly low and about five medium and it still looks great - but at max settings it is mind blowing.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Despite its age, Crysis, when set properly and you use a good Time of Day setting, has the best graphics. I still have jaw-drops at the pictures of Crysis on Max... I could live in a world with those graphics and feel okay!

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Metro 2033 on the PC with settings at max.

Too bad the computer I have is not even close to being able to run it.

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
9_6 said:
Final fantasy 13 hands down.
You can say anything about this game but it sure got the graphics part down.
Yep. This cutscene in particular struck me as really pretty.

Oh, and the OP mentioned GT5. Yeah, the car models in that were ridiculous.