Best mini-game inside a game

itsoutthere

Mar 22, 2008
I don't mean like Warioware or Mario Party where the whole game is nothing but short distractions, I mean like an actual game.

First- Blitzball from FFX-- You can pretty much go through the whole FFX game and not have to play it other than when you are forced, but if you do this then you are playing the game wrong, Blitzball was a game in itself I would have to force myself to stop because I still need to play the actual game

Second- Pazzak from Kotor-- Now I didn't get into this as much as blitzball but I was easily distracted from Kotor after being challenged by some prick who declared himself king of pazzak while I, by obligation, had to beat him 20 times

Anyone else had an experience like this Or am I just easily distr....

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Blitzball was awesome. I even got into teh whoel recruiting thing for a while, my team was awesome.

And the cannon game in windwaker.. just liked hearing the pirate yell Kaboooom. when you hit and splasssh when u missed.

I know im forgetting an obvious one tho..to tired to think about it.

Novajam

Apr 26, 2008
Fire Daemon said:
I'd have to say Geometry Wars in PGR2.
Second. Geometry Wars is awesome, Especially the verion in PGR3. I wouldn't buy it off arcade though.

Also, QUB3D in Grand Theft Auto IV was cool.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Tin Pin Slammer is awesome. Triple Triad and QUB3D were addictive. Blitzball was a really nice thing I got into when I got stuck, and it would be an awesome game to get on its own.

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
stompy said:
Tin Pin Slammer is awesome. Triple Triad and QUB3D were addictive. Blitzball was a really nice thing I got into when I got stuck, and it would be an awesome game to get on its own.
If they tweaked the system a bit, added a bunch of content and some online play... I'd buy a full Blitzball game in a heartbeat.

itsoutthere

Mar 22, 2008
HSIAMetalKing said:
stompy said:
If they tweaked the system a bit, added a bunch of content and some online play... I'd buy a full Blitzball game in a heartbeat.
I thought that too
Blitzball couldn've easily been a stand alone game
Side note- Is anyone else pissed about what they did to blitzball in FFX-2?

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
itsoutthere said:
HSIAMetalKing said:
stompy said:
I thought that too
Blitzball couldn've easily been a stand alone game
Side note- Is anyone else pissed about what they did to blitzball in FFX-2?
Like how you couldn't fucking play it? Yes, I was very angry. It just seemed so -lazy- of the devs.

Hurray Forums

Jun 4, 2008
Tough call for me between blitzball or hakox. I would buy a stand alone version of either one in a heart beat.

Jul 16, 2008
itsoutthere said:
Is anyone else pissed about what they did to blitzball in FFX-2?
I am. I thought it was going to be like FFX. When I played it, I was like WHAT THE HECK? I never touched that again.
--------

Final Fantasy X had the best mini-game: Blitz Ball.