Best moments in Oblivion

Nov 28, 2007
fates_puppet13 said:
when the emporor died
that shocked me considering he's voiced by patrick steward
and in retrospect it was a really good moment
That part irritated me. If they had done something like have your character get knocked down, then the Emperor get killed before you could get up, that would be fine. Instead, they have your character apparently just standing there going "Derrrr..." with drool running down from the corner of his mouth while the Emperor is suffering from a disease called "backstabitis".

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
For me, it the Dark Brotherhood, Thieve's Guild, and Shivering Isles quests stood out. Also, I really started enjoying the game when I had an invisibility spell and could just sneak past anything.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who had a miserable time with Kvatch...

SweetLiquidSnake

Jan 20, 2011
Greni said:
The first time I got out of the sewer after captain Picard/deputy director Bullock is killed by the bad guys.

Looking over the water, the abandoned fort on the other side of the lake, and turning around to see the Imperial Palace high up in the sky. I still remember that bewildering amazement I felt! Little did I know this wonderful world would suck me in for 400+ hours of absolute bliss. And still occasionally does!

Also my first meal was rat meat. Had no idea what it did.
I'll second this as well, just going from greys in the ruins, from browns in the cave, to just pure blinding color and sunlight, it lets you realize how big the world is. I know I spent the first 3 days playing just visiting each store in the market place...

Washboard

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!
Dec 17, 2008
SweetLiquidSnake said:
Oh god, how can you pick one moment out of like 300 hours of gameplay...

Umm let's see... *SPOILERS*

One of my favourite missions was the "Who dun it? from the Dark Brotherhood, it was just too fun.

One of the saddest was finding the ruined remains of the Mages Guild in Bruma (kind of pissed I didn't buy all the rare spells beforehand...)

Most shocking was finding out about the drug-induced slaughtering of an entire village in that Fighter's Guild quest.

Most badass moment was when I was chasing Falcar or whoever the Mages Guild defect was, he was about to run away which would have lead me on this huge chase but I just fired off this overly strong shock blast and it hit him square in the back from quite a distance, slumped him dead on the stairs.

Oh there's too many more, and way more to come in Skyrim!
haha, i ran up to him and whacked him with a paralysing broadsword :D

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
The whole Thieves Guild questline. That was my favorite part in that game, it was awesome, and I'm not really a huge fan of Oblivion in general.

Tesral

Jul 19, 2011
Exploring a deep vertical cave, then looting some corpses at the bottom of it before being interrupted by the Adoring Fan plunging to his death by jumping from the cave entrance all the way to the bottom. I guess stairs are overrated.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Telling my adoring fan to bugger off and him proceeding to run off Dive Rock. I was speechless

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Pressing escape followed by clicking quit. I found the game a huge disappointment after morrowind

iLeikHip

Aug 30, 2011
Easily the first time I tried to mess around with bodies and physics.
I thought that you wouldn't be able to do stuff like that, seeing as I've only played really linear games up to that point.
It really did blow my mind moving hundreds of naked bodies into one pile.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
Venturing through this haunted house mod. It got my character up about 3 levels. I fought skeletons, tons of vampires ( Which gave me quite a bit of gold). I also fought these lich things that couldn't be killed without destroying their hearts. Cue me fancy after spending nearly an hour trying to kill the damn thing, while runing around the house looking for its heart.

The icing on the cake was fighting the grim reaper himself. And man, was he HARD! Luckily I got his scythe as a reward.

Oblivion is one of my top favorite games now. Its a shame I haven't really had any time to really sit down nd play it ever since school started.

Greni

Jun 19, 2011
Would someone please throw these two moodkilling pricks out? :)

OT: Might I add, the whole Dark Brotherhood questline is Epic. Not much of this game can be called strong story wise, but the Dark Brotherhood? Oh yes!

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Taking on 20 knights all at once, we fought for hours and they threw me around like a ragdoll but still won!

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
icyneesan said:
For me it will always be walking into the corrupted forest from the Unique Landscapes mod. I was so god damn afraid of the wisps thats I just stood crouched in one of the ruined houses hoping they wouldn't see me.

And then I found a unicorn, and rode it to freedom.

Cridhe said:
Oh how I wish I could love this game like you guys do. It just refuses to grip me. The leveling system especially... and a little not REALLY being able to play the kind of character I want to play... It just refuses to to strike me. :(
Mods are the solution!
I got a ton of mods for it and it's still making me... meh!

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
When I posed the Adoring Fan such that the torch he was carrying emerged from his crotch. Lulz. I have a screenshot somewhere.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Probably making a badass character who's immune to magic and reflects most physical damage. Then taking on the main quest when the daedra in it have been levelled so high the guards are useless. Slashy slashy

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
Closing the door on a person I accidentally killed and was hiding the body of, and promptly seeing the rag-doll physics have a field day.
Jauffre said:
Getting arrested by a guard through a wall.
Also this.