Best Narrator, period

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
They guy who voices Max Payne games. He's spot on.

Also, the voice actor for George Stobbart in the Broken Sword series.

Wabblefish said:
Edward Norton (Fight Club.)
Yeah, how could I forget this?

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
I don't know his name, but the VA who narrates Ys: Oath in Felghana is epically hammy. Hearing him describe Adol's actions is just priceless. ><

Oh, and the narration in Call of Juarez: Bound and Blood. I forget his name, but the youngest Mccall(The preacher) tends to describe things in such an overblown fashion I couldn't help but want to restart certain levels just to see if I actually heard him correctly the first time. :p

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
KefkaCultist said:
Morgan Freeman, that man could narrate the most boring, mind-numbing drivel and people would still shell out a ton of money to hear him speak
It's Morethan Freeman, get it right. =P

But yeah, agreed.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
dathwampeer said:
David Attenborough.

Honestly. What is every nature documentry in the world going to do when he dies?
It'll be a sad day for flora and fauna everywhere, the day that Dave dies.

OT: Linda Hunt.

She has such a wonderfully ancient sounding voice. Kudos to Sony Santa Monica for getting her to narrate the God of War games.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Antitonic said:
I'll put forward Ringo Starr (former Beatle), for Thomas The Tank Engine. It was such a huge part of my early childhood, I just can't ignore it
Thank you, I was hoping someone would mention Ringo. He brought a little bit of something different to each engine; a cheeky inflection for Thomas, a sort of wide eyed awe with Percy and this deep rumble for Gordon. He was a marvel and I miss him doing Thomas :(

I also think Christopher Lee would be an awesome narrator.

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
David Attenborough. Nature documentaries will never be the same again.

Also Stephen Fry, because his voice is like honey.

Blitzwarp

Jan 11, 2011
Mikoi said:
treeboy027 said:
I think Leonard Nimoy deserves a spot. Just sayin.
I actually fully agree, was about to say that myself, lol.
^ Thirded, definitely. Along with David Attenborough. I'm watching Planet Earth at the moment and his voice is kickass.

Boneasse

Jul 16, 2008
Only reason I saw March of the Penguins, was because Morgan Freeman was the narrator.

Also, Stephen Fry has a crispy nice british voice.

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
Johnny Depp in Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas. He just brings such a perfect character, and no-one else could have played the role better than him.

And Jason Statham in Snatch. Because he's just so funny. Actually, sometimes, whenever I'm in trouble or just a bad situation, I narrate in my head in a Jason Statham voice. Because he's Jason Statham.

Coop83

Mar 20, 2010
Richard Burton is the best narrator I've heard. His voiceover for War of the Worlds was brilliant. So brilliant in fact, that I had to have my own attempt at it.

Shameless plug:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/387645

Airhead

May 8, 2008
letterbomber223 said:
James Earl Jones. Not very unconventional choice, but he just has a MINT voice.
I was growing increasingly confused why no-one mentioned him up to this point. His voice is like a brain massage.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
dathwampeer said:
Linda Hunt... Is she the very short woman who has like a slight lisp that sort of adds a level of distinction to whatever she's saying. I think, the one who was in NCIS LA?
Yeah, that's her.

A short old lady who kinda looks like Edna Mode from The Incredibles