Best of the Worst

Apr 28, 2008
Satin6T said:
D Bones said:
M Night Shyamalan.

I was at Scott Pilgrim yesterday and they played the trailer for his new movie, "Devil", and as soon as it said "a film by M. Night Shyamalan" the whole theatre burst out laughing. They were taking the trailer seriously until they saw his name and then it became an immediate joke.
that happened at the theater i was in too...
That happened with me a year ago when a trailer for The Last Airbender showed up.

It was hilarious.

Apr 28, 2008
Julianking93 said:
Also, Final Destination actually used to be somewhat good.
First one, pretty good.
Second, okay.
Third, the fuck is this shit?
Fourth (IN 3D!!!!) was just wretched film making.
Am I a bad person for seeing the Final Destination movies as comedies? Seriously, quite a few of the deaths are just hilarious. Especially the end of the second one.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Irridium said:
Am I a bad person for seeing the Final Destination movies as comedies? Seriously, quite a few of the deaths are just hilarious. Especially the end of the second one.
Not at all. At least I don't think so.

Same with the later Saw movies. That shit's just funny with all the wretched acting.

Apr 28, 2008
Julianking93 said:
Irridium said:
Not at all. At least I don't think so.

Same with the later Saw movies. That shit's just funny with all the wretched acting.
I only saw the first 2 Saw movies.

The first was actually good. Second was "meh", and I just gave up after that. Seems I didn't miss much.

Now apparently the next one will be the "final Saw" and it will be in sickness-inducing 3D.

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
Satin6T said:
D Bones said:
M Night Shyamalan.

I was at Scott Pilgrim yesterday and they played the trailer for his new movie, "Devil", and as soon as it said "a film by M. Night Shyamalan" the whole theatre burst out laughing. They were taking the trailer seriously until they saw his name and then it became an immediate joke.
that happened at the theater i was in too...
My roommate and her boyfriend say that at the theater they saw the trailer in, when his name came up everyone groaned aloud.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Irridium said:

The first was actually good. Second was "meh", and I just gave up after that. Seems I didn't miss much.

Now apparently the next one will be the "final Saw" and it will be in sickness-inducing 3D.
Those are really the only two you need to see.

3 was alright, 4 was fucking horrid, 5 was meh again but 6 was actually pretty good.

It's just that the story gets so stupid and twisted that it becomes just pointless.

And I saw the new Saw trailer in Scott Pilgrim this weekend. Looks meh. The 3D makes me hate it.

Though, last I checked, they were under contract for 12 films rather than 7.

Apr 28, 2008
Julianking93 said:
Irridium said:

Those are really the only two you need to see.

3 was alright, 4 was fucking horrid, 5 was meh again but 6 was actually pretty good.

It's just that the story gets so stupid and twisted that it becomes just pointless.

And I saw the new Saw trailer in Scott Pilgrim this weekend. Looks meh. The 3D makes me hate it.

12? Damn thats insane.

But yeah, saw the first 2, then moved on. Do enough people really go see these movies so much a sequel is justified?

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Irridium said:
12? Damn thats insane.

But yeah, saw the first 2, then moved on. Do enough people really go see these movies so much a sequel is justified?
Considering they only cost about 10 million dollars to make at the most, yeah they end up often times quadrupling their budget.

The first was made for only 1 million over the course of 28 days.

Apr 28, 2008
Julianking93 said:
Irridium said:
12? Damn thats insane.

Considering they only cost about 10 million dollars to make at the most, yeah they end up often times quadrupling their budget.

Wow, I did not know that.
Well that makes sense I suppose. Business sense that is, which isn't always great.

PsionicAtlas

Apr 7, 2010
D Bones said:
M Night Shyamalan.

The same thing happened when I saw Scott Pilgrim, except instead of laughter it was a theater-sized collective face palm and groan.....literally, I saw row upon row of heads go down(I was sitting at the far back). But the best thing that happened after that was one guy stood up and shouted "Fuck you!!! You ruined Avatar!!!" and he got a collective cheer and some laughter.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Irridium said:
Julianking93 said:
Irridium said:
12? Damn thats insane.

Well that makes sense I suppose. Business sense that is, which isn't always great.
No, but if people enjoy them, no harm in making them I guess.

Though, the same can't be said for Michael Bay and his pieces of shit. 300 million to make Transformers 2.

Could have fed so many starving children, sent that to AIDs and cancer research or donated it to charities across the world, but no. They use it to subject the world to that crap.

Fuck you, Bay.

Fuck you.

Apr 28, 2008
Julianking93 said:
Irridium said:
Julianking93 said:
Irridium said:
12? Damn thats insane.

No, but if people enjoy them, no harm in making them I guess.

Though, the same can't be said for Michael Bay and his pieces of shit. 300 million to make Transformers 2.

Could have fed so many starving children, sent that to AIDs and cancer research or donated it to charities across the world, but no. They use it to subject the world to that crap.

Fuck you, Bay.

Fuck you.
Agreed. Fuck Bay.

I go to a Transformers movie expecting giant robots kicking the crap out of each other, not to see humans and relationships.

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
The Lord of the Rings series of books. It is the one and only time that I have ever put a book away and refused to finish it for the sheer boredom it was causing me.

Julianking93 said:
Twelve of them were planned? Seriously? And people say that certain game series are being milked.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Irridium said:
Agreed. Fuck Bay.

I go to a Transformers movie expecting giant robots kicking the crap out of each other, not to see humans and relationships.
Not even good human relations.

Just Shia LaBitch whining constantly about how hard his life is and how he just wants to go off to college. Awww, so sorry that you have a goddamn robot for a fucking car and (what everyone besides me perceives as) a sexy girlfriend who would both do anything for you. Must be so fucking difficult you little shit.

Gah, I can't decide who I dislike more. Shia Lafuckface or Michael Cera.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Conservatives. How often can you get called out and still try to keep a straight face. (Glares at Newt Gingrich)

Apr 28, 2008
Julianking93 said:
Irridium said:
Agreed. Fuck Bay.

Not even good human relations.

Just Shia LaBitch whining constantly about how hard his life is and how he just wants to go off to college. Awww, so sorry that you have a goddamn robot for a fucking car and (what everyone besides me perceives as) a sexy girlfriend who would both do anything for you. Must be so fucking difficult you little shit.

Gah, I can't decide who I dislike more. Shia Lafuckface or Michael Cera.
If I had a car that turns into a giant freaking robot I would never be sad. Ever.

And I hate Cera as well. He's the one reason I was not going to go see Scot Pilgrim. I just hate the guy so damn much. Then MovieBob, Shamus, and all my friends told me how absolutely amazing the movie is, so I guess I'll put up with him. He just annoys me so damn much it makes me want to kick a puppy.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Irridium said:
If I had a car that turns into a giant freaking robot I would never be sad. Ever.

And I hate Cera as well. He's the one reason I was not going to go see Scot Pilgrim. I just hate the guy so damn much. Then MovieBob, Shamus, and all my friends told me how absolutely amazing the movie is, so I guess I'll put up with him. He just annoys me so damn much it makes me want to kick a puppy.
He is annoying but in all honesty, it doesn't bring down Scott Pilgrim...much.

Cera is his typical annoying faux wimpy geekiness yet alongside that, he presents a character with as much likability as a fucking stray dog that just bit you and thus infected you with some form of deadly virus. He's not only wimpy and geeky, he's a narcissistic prick who just uses people to make himself feel better.

With my complaints though, everyone else in the movie was phenominal. The evil exes, Ramona, the other members of Sex Bob-omb and Scott's gay roommate were all great actors, and the visuals themselves are absolutely stunning. With all that, Cera doesn't seem to bring it down as much as he could have.

Apr 28, 2008
Julianking93 said:
Irridium said:

He is annoying but in all honesty, it doesn't bring down Scott Pilgrim...much.

Cera is his typical annoying faux wimpy geekiness yet alongside that, he presents a character with as much likability as a fucking stray dog that just bit you and thus infected you with some form of deadly virus. He's not only wimpy and geeky, he's a narcissistic prick who just uses people to make himself feel better.

With my complaints though, everyone else in the movie was phenominal. The evil exes, Ramona, the other members of Sex Bob-omb and Scott's gay roommate were all great actors, and the visuals themselves are absolutely stunning. With all that, Cera doesn't seem to bring it down as much as he could have.
Yeah, thats basically what others have said as well. I'll go see it this weekend I suppose. I'll just tune Cera out. Or at least try to. His voice somehow pierces my brain and hits the "so annoying I want to kill" section of said brain.