Best PC Graphics to date: Top 5

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
The Madman said:
To mention one that hasn't been said, although it's still only in the beta stages War Thunder is an extremely good looking game. Some of the effects could still use some work, but it's definitely got some stunning vistas and the aircraft model are just a pleasure to look at.

Game is only going to get better looking as well, with the planned ground combat updates in the future and better effects.

STALKER: Call of Pripyat with the right mods is also genuinely stunning to look at with some of the best environments and environmental effects I've ever seen in a game. The game just oozes ambiance and atmosphere, I get chills just thinking about the blowout events. Character models aren't great, but everything else is ace.
I don't know if I'd like a flight battle sim, but that is so pretty I may have to get it anyway!

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Gorfias said:
The Madman said:
To mention one that hasn't been said, although it's still only in the beta stages War Thunder is an extremely good looking game. Some of the effects could still use some work, but it's definitely got some stunning vistas and the aircraft model are just a pleasure to look at.

Game is only going to get better looking as well, with the planned ground combat updates in the future and better effects.

STALKER: Call of Pripyat with the right mods is also genuinely stunning to look at with some of the best environments and environmental effects I've ever seen in a game. The game just oozes ambiance and atmosphere, I get chills just thinking about the blowout events. Character models aren't great, but everything else is ace.
I don't know if I'd like a flight battle sim, but that is so pretty I may have to get it anyway!
Its actually a very accessible flight sim, you can play in Arcade or Simulator and it does both great so it works for people that arent that much into it and for people that really like the hardcore simulator type of games. It even comes with a mission editor for solo gameplay or co-op.

The only problem that I have with the game is that it may take some time to get new planes although balance is very well made so if you fight with low level planes the other players will also have low level planes, the problem is mostly because getting new planes is cool and sometimes it takes a bit too long after reaching a certain level.

OT: A lot of people are going for the visuals instead of technical stuff but since I am not that tech savy I will talk about the engines that I think are the more optimised for the quality and range they deliver.

5- Dagor Engine (War Thunder)
4- Real Virtuality 4 (Arma 3)
3- CryEngine 3 (Crysis 3)
2- Avalanche Engine 2 (Just Cause 2)
1- REDengine 2 (The Witcher 2)

There are some other engines that still havent shown all they can do like the Glacier 2 Engine (Hitman Absolution), and even then there are a shitload of new engines coming (Unreal Engine 4, REDengine 3, FOX Engine, etc...)

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
josemlopes said:
I will talk about the engines that I think are the more optimised for the quality and range they deliver.

5- Dagor Engine (War Thunder)
4- Real Virtuality 4 (Arma 3)
3- CryEngine 3 (Crysis 3)
2- Avalanche Engine 2 (Just Cause 2)
1- REDengine 2 (The Witcher 2)

There are some other engines that still havent shown all they can do like the Glacier 2 Engine (Hitman Absolution), and even then there are a shitload of new engines coming (Unreal Engine 4, REDengine 3, FOX Engine, etc...)
Thanks for this. A lot for me to check out!

NoMercy Rider

May 17, 2013
I will also give a shoutout to Just Cause 2. It is unfortunate that the game gets overlooked so often, especially when it is an absolute steal at the frequent Steam sale price of $4. The game is absolutely huge, beautiful, and some of the most enjoyable gameplay I have played in recent memory.

The graphics are just stunning and the game performs well at seamlessly transitioning from on the ground shooting and exploration to high in the sky flying that overlooks the whole game world. The environments are beautiful and you get amazing weather effects. The volumetric clouds really add to the effect.

Couple screenshots I personally took:

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Hmmm. Honestly, I can't say that any one game has impressed me with it's visuals of late, but then again I'm basing that on the fact that they haven't been impressive when I played them on my own PC.

If it was graphics as in art-style I'd probably be able to come up with something :S