Best RPG(s) You've ever Played

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
iyaerP said:
1) Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn.

2) Deus Ex

3)A massive chasm that separates these two gems of perfection from everything else out there, good though they may be.

4) KOTOR

5) STALKER Shadows of Chernobyl
Nothing else even comes close. Not Final Fantasy x y or z, not Diablo, nor Fallout nor Bioshock.

And oblivion can be taken out behind the chemical shed and shot for being a twat.
I like you. You have good ideas.
Incidentally, if you liked the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series (i'm yet to find someone who didn't, apart from the bugs), I suggest you track down a book by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky called Roadside Picnic.
Tis a rollicking good read.

celticrockgod

Sep 11, 2008
Daedalus1942 said:
celticrockgod said:
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VII & XII
KOTOR, I & II
Fallout 3
Diablo [all of them]
WoW
Jade Empire
Mass Effect
Too Human, for all of it's flaws

For what it's worth, i have to give points to KOTOR I and II for including the system that allows the characters you're not using to level as well, because even when they do pull a dick move and remove the main character from the party, you have someone that's worth a damn to use.
Too Human got slandered, but I liked the look of it. Is it worth buying in say 4 years when 360's extremely cheap, and possibly fixed bug-wise, and I see TH in a bargain bin?
Well, considering Too Human's already in the bargain bin, definitely. Right now, my store is selling it for 9.99, brand spanking new. Personally. my only quips about it are the fact that it's shorter than most RPG's, and the norse mythology aspect, while interestingly ported into a sci-fi theme, isn't as.. accurate as i'd like it..

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
celticrockgod said:
Daedalus1942 said:
celticrockgod said:
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VII & XII
KOTOR, I & II
Fallout 3
Diablo [all of them]
WoW
Jade Empire
Mass Effect
Too Human, for all of it's flaws

For what it's worth, i have to give points to KOTOR I and II for including the system that allows the characters you're not using to level as well, because even when they do pull a dick move and remove the main character from the party, you have someone that's worth a damn to use.
Too Human got slandered, but I liked the look of it. Is it worth buying in say 4 years when 360's extremely cheap, and possibly fixed bug-wise, and I see TH in a bargain bin?
Well, considering Too Human's already in the bargain bin, definitely. Right now, my store is selling it for 9.99, brand spanking new. Personally. my only quips about it are the fact that it's shorter than most RPG's, and the norse mythology aspect, while interestingly ported into a sci-fi theme, isn't as.. accurate as i'd like it..
Well, maybe I'll buy it now, if I see it cheap, and purchase a 360 in a year or so.

Cama Zots

Jul 10, 2009
Pulse Reality said:
Cama Zots said:
Oblivion FTW. Best ever
Morrowind was so much better, if you liked Oblivion, play Morrowind. However, the putdated graphics really hold back the gameplay.
IDK, I tried Morrowind when it came out, didn't find it as intuitive and pretty drab looking. I think it's just a matter of opinion.

Malevolent Stranger

Jun 28, 2009
Neverwinter Nights ONE Online Play
Fallout 3.

Best two games ever as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: I don't consider D2 an RPG, as you're not able to customuse the character, and, while addicting, the character design is flimsy at best and the chatlog is always full to bursting with people whining about shit noone cares about.. I'd label it closer to an action/adventure game.

ThePizzaGuy556

Aug 26, 2009
Malevolent Stranger said:
Fallout 3.

Oh god yes the online for NWN was so awesome i spent hours on it

ThePizzaGuy556

Aug 26, 2009
ThePizzaGuy556 said:
Fallout 3.

Oh god yes the online for NWN was so awesome i spent hours on it
I still play it.. Infact I'm logged in now. xD
lol awesome if my disc still worked i probably would be to lol if they still have it try the zombie survival thing in the RP section so funnn

ThePizzaGuy556

Aug 26, 2009
They do.. Do you still have Nwn on your computer?
Yeah..i have HoU and everything but its on an old junker and everytime i click on multiplayer i get booted off and my computer restarts...weirdest thing ever...sadly i was dumb and lost the CD keys so i doubt i'll be able to play it unless i go out and buy the diamond edition or something which i'm considering as i type this

Malevolent Stranger

Jun 28, 2009
Solution One: Go into your C: Drive, find the folder called NWN, click NwMain, play, profit.

If that doesn't work: Go get Diamond. It's dirt cheap.

smudgey

May 8, 2008
I can't believe no one's mentioned Terranigma! Great original story, changing world and some of the most beautiful music i've ever heard in a game.

henrebotha

Jan 29, 2009
Pen & paper
Best RPG: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5.

CRPG
Best Western RPG: Oblivion.
Best JRPG: Chrono Trigger.
Best MMORPG: I haven't had much opportunity (internet access in South Africa is soooooo sllloooowwww), but I am very interested in WoW. If I could somehow filter out all the non-RPers.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
This is a tough one, there are a lot of games which can be characterized as RPGs.

Fallout 3 is quite good and even though it isn't very faithful to it's original counterparts, I think it's one of the best.

KotOR is a lot of fun too, I enjoy making my character an unkillable badass who doesn't need allies :p

I have more favorites but I can't bring them to mind atm.