Best Sequels you've played

AlexanderAstartes

Afternoon Delight
Jan 1, 2008
I just saw the "worst sequel" topic, and thought it'd be interesting to go the other way. What's the best game sequel you've played? Does it improve on it's earlier iterations?

For me it was Condemned 2. I thought it excelled itself compared to the original. Sure, the plot went a bit weird, but the game mechanics improved significantly.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
[b/]Worst Sequel[/b]: George Bush -> George W. Bush
[b/]Best Sequel[/b]: Super Paper Mario -> Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door.

Twin Of Aphex

Nov 7, 2008
Call of Duty 2, I suppose it wouldnt be hard to beat the first one but it has to be my favourite COD game, and one of my favourite sequels.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Arcana Heart 2, Tekken 5:Dark Resurrection, Guilty Gear XX Slash, Capcom vs. SNK 2, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Soul Calibur 2, Street Fighter 3:Third Strike, Melty Blood: Act Cadenza, Samurai Shodown 2.

And in non-fighting game land, we have Halo 2, Wizardry 8, Might and Magic 2, Dune 2000, and Deadlock 2. I'd throw Baten Kaitos Origins and Devil May Cry 3 in there, but those are prequels.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
how about a franchise sequel to spice things up. Original metroid series to the Metroid prime "sequel" series would be my pick.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Silent Hill 2 takes the win for me.

I'm still searching for a playstation copy of the first. It scared the shit out of me when it came out.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
AlexanderAstartes said:
I just saw the "worst sequel" topic, and thought it'd be interesting to go the other way. What's the best game sequel you've played? Does it improve on it's earlier iterations?

For me it was Condemned 2. I thought it excelled itself compared to the original. Sure, the plot went a bit weird, but the game mechanics improved significantly.
Yeah, allowing you to run and punch, which made it less scarier, which was kind of the point of the game.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Random argument man said:
Silent Hill 2 takes the win for me.

I'm still searching for a playstation copy of the first. It scared the shit out of me when it came out.

This

xmetatr0nx said:
Im surprised no one has mentioned God of War 2...

And this.

I also liked Fable 2 better then the original.

Smokeydubbs

Mar 18, 2009
MGS 3 is a really good sequel. Mainly cause your not a pussy ass man-girl. I also think GTA: SA is one of the best sequels I've ever played.