Best snipers and/or marksmen in video games

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Asclepion said:
"Sniper Alley" in the second level has at least eight, enough so that on harder difficulties there's virtually no chance the marines following you will survive, even if you can get past them.
One hit kill on Legendary!

I actually got all the way to the Elite rebellion on Legendary, but there was a bit where you have to snipe some Jackals across a wide clearing. Sniper the first one, a second spawns immediately behind it, facing you, ready to fire. I tested it a few times and the damn thing can head shot you faster than you can fire a second shot or move to cover, I'm not exactly sure how you are supposed to ever get past that bit of the game to be honest, luck?

IronMit

Jul 24, 2012

I know it's not a game but it's still epic.
Imagine an enemy sniper was this good in a game. Would rage quit and talk about how silly AI is

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
The funny part is "The White Death" makes most of these people look like complete noobs. "You're in the bullets way, the white death's pray."

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I going with the terrorists in Rainbow Six Vegas 2, particularly in the highest difficulty. Those assholes can nail your ass with just about anything from a SPAS to an SMG from across the map. I'm just grateful that they don't use sniper rifles in terrorist hunt. Just thinking about that makes me shudder.

My second vote Would probably have to go to either Boone or those jerks in City 17.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
ShinyCharizard said:
To me the M24 is an incredibly close second, though. It had the best ADS reticle in terms of how thin it was, allowed to you see your target better.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Those annoying Reaper snipers in Giants Citizen Kabuto. Mostly because the rest of the game is so silly, with mooks you shoot up easily.

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
SkarKrow said:
ShinyCharizard said:
The M24 from Battlefield Bad Company 2:

It's just perfect, perfect range, accuracy, reload speed, and it's the first one you get.
Yes.

Yes!

[HEADING=1]YES!![/HEADING]

That gun is brilliant, though I now favour the SV98 for it's lower sound and flash signature and similar lethality (also prefer the scope). But the M24 comes out for particular vengeance quests or taking down those with a lower star count on it.
I really loved playing with the SV98, but after some time I finally switched to the M95.
While it felt a bit clumsy, it gave a great boost to penetration, which helped a lot against enemy snipers and them pesky attack-helicopters.

I really hope it makes a return in BF4^^

Carrion22

Apr 23, 2013
The best "sniper" is actually the one who countersnips.

i am playing the arma3 beta and it is hilarious JUST how poorly the concept of sniping is understood by the players. its not lying on a hill with a big rifle and scope.

its about choosing the shots you do and dont take. the latter is quite important as occasionally you can give your position away by hitting somone who thinks they are safe.

its about choosing the location for cover for you,like folliage and rocks to stop being seen or shot.

visibility to the target, lack of visibility in return
and most importantly not being where "snipers" always are. ie up high camping on a hill in the open.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Asclepion said:
The Halo 2 Jackal Snipers... *Shudders*

They can tank multiple 14.5mm anti-material rounds to the chest, responding with a perfectly accurate Beam Rifle shot with <0.3s reaction time.

While giving 0 fucks.

The Halo 2 Jackal's AI was too good and Bungie had to make them less accurate and deadly for the other games. Not only could they get a head shot from across the map in the blink of an eye, they could do it without aiming or even facing away from you. They also came in large groups, so even if you can out-snipe one (hard enough in itself) there are usually several more about to insta kill you. And they can ricochet their beams off walls.

"Sniper Alley" in the second level has at least eight, enough so that on harder difficulties there's virtually no chance the marines following you will survive, even if you can get past them.

I'd say the Halo 2 Kig-Yar Snipers as well. They're the only (within game) Jackals which live up to the whole "Jackals are deadly assassins, pirates and mercenaries" thing that they are established as.

Edit: Played Sniper Alley of Halo 2 and Sniper Alley of Halo 3 on Legendary the other day, cried at how easy it was to beat Halo 3's.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
Shinon from Fire Emblem.

Because guns are for pussies. Real men use bows, bows, bows and nothing but bows!

windlenot

Archeoastronomist
Mar 27, 2011
That stupid Nazi soldier in Vendetta in World at War, veteran difficulty. That dude can eat 3 bullets, hard to hit as he is, and he can pop out ad kill you in a second. Which he will. All the time.

Reznov, I'll kill you myself if you tell me again that I "just grazed him." I don't need your shit.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Apparently, everyone who's ever played against me in Last of Us multiplayer.

Seriously Fuck those guys, why do good games always have to tack on that shit?

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
Well, my sniper (lovingly nicknamed "Black Widow") in XCOM seems to be really skilled. Never seems to miss a shot and takes all the kills. :)

Otherwise I'd agree with The End from MGS3.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
TF2 sniper, he does Celestia's work.