Best Stealth Game Ever?

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Thief 1&2; Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Hitman Blood Money spring to mind.

There is not really much else to say anything else than what other posters said.

I, personally, think that the Thief games are the best stealth games that I've ever played. It was very fulfilling to steal in those games without anyone noticing.

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
I haven't played a lot of stealth games.. but I'd say the best stealth games I've played is Dishonored... with Deus Ex:Human Revolution in second place

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
Two rather enjoyable games stand out to me.

Deus Ex Human revolution. The stealth is not terribly hard but they reward you more for taking the route and that encourages something other than run and gun gameplay without beating you over the skull. I usually hate stealth segments but I love doing it that game.

Beyond Good and Evil. An older game but quite fun and stealth is not optional, but required. Big problem there was the puzzle bosses, never really liked those.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
I have always enjoyed the Metal Gear Solid series, and agree that 3 (and I would say parts of 4) have the best stealth sections. I also enjoyed Dishonored a lot and felt it did stealth very well, although it was really easy to get away if you screwed up. Going to have to agree with the majority here though and say the Thief games did stealth the best. Also props go to Deus Ex. The original, not HR.

alexwbyrd

Jul 12, 2012
Kind of a tie for me between the Metal Gear Solid Series and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. DE: HR's stealth is intergrated so well into the game and Metal Gear Solid it's kind of hard for me to decide on which of the MGS titles to like the most so...yeah.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
MGS and the classic Hitman games(Absolution isn't bad either though more of a stealth shooter) have great stealth but all of it is a bit dated. My personal favorite recent stealth games are probably Human Revolution and Far Cry 3. HR is just awesome in the way you can slip through enemy positions unnoticed and then hack a turret to mow them all down. FC3 is also versatile in the way you can approach stealth as it gives you so many possibilities to dispatch enemies. It mixes open world and stealth in awesome ways. Nothing quite beats infiltrating a base to lay mines at every exit and then retreating into the hills for a clean headshot with an unsilenced sniper rifle only to let the mines do the rest. Or releasing the cage of a wild animal on unsuspecting guards.

I also quite like Sniper Elite V2 though its a far inferior game compared to FC3, but there are parts of the game where everything falls into place and which are just so awesome. I wish more games that had you playing as a silent assassin would incorporate the X-Ray kill cam. When done right it mixes the excitement of stealth with the satisfaction of a succesful enemy dispatch. Dishonored is fantastic as well though the setting is a bit too linear and Corvo a bit too overpowered to really be an exciting stealth game. It gives you so much tools which are just way too much fun not to use. :p

OtakuNinja

May 25, 2010
The MGS series had some of my favorite stealth mechanics (especially when they FINALLY introduced crouch-move in 4) all that was ruined when the last of us came along... its not even a stealth game but the atmosphere was so tense in the stealth sections, i really appreciated the need to stay hidden for my own survival, damn clickers!