Best thing your country ever did.

the_maestro_sartori

Nov 8, 2009
Sharkie668 said:
and the fact we haven't been invaded for nearly a thousand years.
There was that monkey that they hung in Whitely Bay for being a frenchman in the late 1700s. Does that count as being invaded? It reached English soil.. >.>

JS ibanez

Jan 12, 2010
BlakBladz said:
Not kill anyone in the last 10 years.
Go Australia's pussy attitude :p
Sorry, I disagree. I studied in Perth for three years and Aussies are the most badass people around right up there with Maoris and south africans ;)

Ekit said:
JS ibanez said:
jokes aside though, I'd say Terry Fox has had a pretty huge impact on the world
Who is Terry Fox?
well if your joking, good for you!

if your not, i'll put it briefly

ran over 5000km across canada over 143 days with an artificial leg to raise cancer awareness. made alot of money and died for the effort. Every year countries hold a terry fox run now.

Levitas1234

Oct 28, 2009
Burning down the white house was pretty badass.

-As most canadians have said already *POU FUCKING TINE*!

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
First to abolish slavery, I believe.

Also, this:

USA! USA!

Edit: Oh, and we were the first to reserve land for wildlife in national parks. We may not care as much about the environment now, but we sure got the ball rolling.

Plazmatic

May 4, 2009
Us (were I am from) invented the internet..

auto-win

none of you would be able to post here if it wasn't for the united states scientists!

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
people should really say what country they are from if this is to work properly, and btw americans, you had the roots of GPS and the internet, that pretty much wins this topic

DominoSmith

Apr 7, 2010
Dammit, Mexico has the Taco, England has Judas Priest, Ireland has whisky, those are some of my favorite things...uhhh how 'bout Slushies!

DeviousJ

Nov 9, 2009
Well, Heinrich Goebel invented the light bulb. After he moved to the USA. Then Edison made a better one...
Aww man, we only got the shame of two world wars... :C
And good beer.

Sharkie668

Jan 10, 2010
the_maestro_sartori said:
Sharkie668 said:
and the fact we haven't been invaded for nearly a thousand years.
There was that monkey that they hung in Whitely Bay for being a frenchman in the late 1700s. Does that count as being invaded? It reached English soil.. >.>
Well, it was one monkey. Does that really count as an invasion? Really? If that's all the French have then I'm very worried about them right now...

Speaking of France why hasn't anyone from there posted yet?

the_maestro_sartori

Nov 8, 2009
Levitas1234 said:
Da snakeman said:
First to abolish slavery, I believe.
Slavery was abolished in london...
...in 1108
And sharply re-started again when the British Empire started wondering what to do with all these people from India and Africa :p
Wasn't -fully- abolished across the empire until 1833, following the slave trade act which passed in 1807 >.>

OmegaXzors

Apr 4, 2010
Trotgar said:
Uhh, can anyone tell me what is in their opinion the best thing Finland did? I can't think of any.
Your country won "1st place in the 2009 Legatum Prosperity rating, which is based on economical performance and quality of life."

According to wiki. =]

DeviousJ

Nov 9, 2009
the_maestro_sartori said:
DeviousJ said:
Aww man, we only got the shame of two world wars... :C
And good beer.
you kidding? Some of the best bands ever are from Germany. Blutengel, anyone? :p
90% of German music is shit. xD
Blutengel is quite good but "Rammstein" and "die Aertze" is better :p

the_maestro_sartori

Nov 8, 2009
I think English archers deserve a special shout-out for being decisive in almost all of England's land-battles with France during the middle ages