Best Twist Endings

Royta

Aug 7, 2009
The mid-game plot twist of Baten Kaitos

You were playing as the badguy the ENTIRE time, not only that. He nearly kills all your friends, becomes the king of darkness and from then on you go on a quest to stop him (he even becomes a boss..).
I was so shocked i didn't feel like gaming anymore the entire day..violated

excuse the non-usage of the spoiler-code thingy, i'm still new and don't know the commands.

Debatra

Kaedanis Pyran
Sep 6, 2008
oliveira8 said:
Debatra said:
Sneakyballs said:
TheSunshineHobo said:
Rosebud is his sled.
Pure win for the Family Guy reference.
You fail. Citizen Cane was a real movie.
I think he is just refering to the Family Guy episode in which Peter interrupts the movie after the initial scene to say "Its is sled. Rosebud its is sled. There I saved you 2 hours of your life from a boobless movie."

And its Citizen Kane.
Yes, but TheSunshineHobo wasn't making a Family Guy reference.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Debatra said:
oliveira8 said:
Debatra said:
Sneakyballs said:
TheSunshineHobo said:
Rosebud is his sled.
Pure win for the Family Guy reference.
You fail. Citizen Cane was a real movie.
I think he is just refering to the Family Guy episode in which Peter interrupts the movie after the initial scene to say "Its is sled. Rosebud its is sled. There I saved you 2 hours of your life from a boobless movie."

And its Citizen Kane.
Yes, but TheSunshineHobo wasn't making a Family Guy reference.
Maybe he was. Rosebud is only the word that makes the reporters dig in into Kane life and they end up not knowing what Rosebud meant. Rosebud is his sled doesn't really ruin the whole plot of Citizen Kane, it almost suffers from being a sub-plot running around that the movie remenbers you from time to time.

Saying Bruce Willis is dead does ruin the whole film cause that's the whole point of the movie.

Sigel

Jul 6, 2009
The movie, The Other, had a good twist, and I really liked the Sixth Sense twist.

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
If anybody guessed the ending of The Prestige correctly they are some kind of super genius. (or have read wikipedia)

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
lewism247 said:
I remember sleepaway camp, doesn't she kill someone with hair curlers in a very painful way for a girl?
ya I didn't want to talk about it because its extremely messed up but...
Angela decides to get revenge on the camp slut by repeatedly raping her with a curling iron on full heat (doesn't show, but it's implied)

Antlers

Feb 23, 2008
Someone told me Fight Club in advance! But they told me several years before I saw it and I didn't even remember until very close to the end. I still rate it as the best twist though.

Someone mentioned The Others. I agree.

I didn't think The Prestige was that great a twist... Nor The Usual Suspects. Sure it had to be one of them. Then again, The Usual Suspects had been very hyped up for me by the time I actually saw it.

dudeindrag93

Nov 12, 2008
i know this isn't the end of the movie but psycho when the main character dies and the film just keeps going

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
COD 4, when your team-mates are picked off one by one. I knew about it, but it was still a shock.

Worst twist ending? Both of Far cry 2's.

eatenbyagrue

Dec 25, 2008
Twilight Zone, "Time Enough at Last"

A timid banker (Burgess Meredith) who enjoys reading, never gets the chance to, mainly because people around him tell him its a waste of time. So during his breaks, he goes to the bank's vault to read.

Then one day, nuclear apocalypse. Everyone in the world is wiped out, and only the timid banker remains. After the first moments of despair, he rejoices: he now has all the time in the world to read his beloved books!

He goes and sets up a pile of books that should last him the rest of his life. He picks one up, and in a most cruel twist, his glasses fall off and break.

Timid banker is incredibly nearsighted.