Best video game character of year 2010?

radioactive lemur

May 26, 2010
I can't imagine anyone other than John Marston taking it. That dude was badass. And not shooting a robots laser gun in a powersuit with 5" of titanium kevlar badass, real manly old-school badass.

Apr 28, 2008
Afterglow- said:
Skoldpadda said:
Since when is Sam Fisher a 2010 character?
He's not. Neither is Bayonetta. It's IGN.
They both are.

Splinter Cell: Conviction and Bayonetta came out in early 2010.

OT: Ghandi in Civilization 5. Follow him, or be destroyed.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
John Marston, out of those characters, he was my favorite. Infact so was the whole game.
Or maybe im just a sucker for western storys? and a game's ending has not hit me like that emotionally in a long time. Not since MGS3.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
mazzjammin22 said:
John Marston. Hands down. I personally think that John is the best character in gaming. His dialogue and voice acting is perfect, he has a great personality, and an interesting set of values.
This. Perhaps not in all of gaming, but he was the first character I felt a connection with in a loooooong time. He was funny, his dialogue was written well and delivered better than most of the others (except maybe Mordin), and it was interesting to see a character fight to LEAVE a bad-ass life and get on with a normal one with his family. And the ending sequence nearly put me in tears.

Oh, and William Elliot Whitmore was on the soundtrack of the game. Win.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Shepard!

You've got nothing to say, other characters?
[RENEGADE INTERRUPT]
How about goodbye?

Afterglow-

Nov 19, 2010
Irridium said:
Afterglow- said:
Skoldpadda said:
Since when is Sam Fisher a 2010 character?
He's not. Neither is Bayonetta. It's IGN.
They both are.

Splinter Cell: Conviction and Bayonetta came out in early 2010.

OT: Ghandi in Civilization 5. Follow him, or be destroyed.
I guess it depends on how you look at it. For me, Fisher starred in the first Splinter Cell game which was back in 2002. It's like having Mario as a nominee because of SMG2.

As for Bayonetta, I used. the release date in Japan, which was October 2009. But, yes, otherwise Bayonetta was a 2010 character. I apologize for this.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Uuhh... Snow? No, no, I'm joking! I'd go with John Marston and/or Ethan Mars.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
avouleance2nd said:
OhJohnNo said:
Mordin Solus (Mass Effect 2) YESSSSS!!!
Thane (Mass Effect 2)
Woot!

I love all ME's characters, but especially these two, and especially-especially Mordin. My vote goes to him.

ME2 really did do its characters very well. They are the game's main strength for me, what with the Mako being removed and all.
I know what you two mean
Thane and Mordin were my team for every mission and I ended up romancing Thane.
So these are defiantly my nominations.

But dose anyone else think it is odd that different mass effect characters were nominated one different consoles.
Well, it would be a bit cheap if the same character won twice. I bet they wanted to avoid this.

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
Afterglow- said:
My personal favorite of the year, as you can tell by the list, is Mordin Solus.........
It just appealed to me how original Solus was. Of course, there's going to be naysayer claiming that he was ripped off from one thing or another. It doesn't really matter to me. In short, he was a fast-talking, brilliant, funny Professor troubled by the things he has done in the past.
He was the only one of my crew that didn't make it. I was so bummed out; he was the only one I was really pulling for to survive. At first I really did not like him, but by half way through the game, he became my favorite character not just in the game, but probably of all time.