Best videogame soundtrack?

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
roblikestoskate post=9.74951.851490 said:
LOL @ Halo soundtrack. It's basically just the same two songs over and over. It's dramatic at first, but by the last time I heard it, I was pretty much done with it.
Maybe you should try listening to the soundtrack before you attempt to critisize it (it's quite apparent that you haven't, at best it was playing and you happened to be nearby and mostly unaware).

I'll say that the Halo soundtracks are extremely awesome, in my opinion better than any manner of music produced just to make music.

Metroid Prime has a great soundtrack too, I happen to be listening to it as I type this.

ZforZissou

Oct 19, 2008
I really like the Half-Life 2 soundtrack, as well as Halo, and Mass Effect... the soundtracks are nearly perfect for each of these games.

SnowCold

Oct 1, 2008
Alot of the old nintendo games, when they were older (ecept mario, I'm telling you! the SMS theme beats lvl 1-1 theme any day!)

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
My OVERALL ALL TIME Favorite Videogame Soundtrack is the one for Chrono Trigger... that said there are tons of brilliant sound tracks...

Favorite Licensed Soundtrack: GTA - Vice City
Favorite Action-Adventure Soundtrack: Prince of Persia - The Sands of Time
Favorite FPS Soundtrack: Halo Series
Favorite Survival Horror Soundtrack: Silent Hill 2

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
How the hell can no one of mentioned the Wipeout series!?!?!

That track list to those games was an integral part of the whole experience, its Wipeout that actually got me into electronic music.

Also I agree with the guy who mentioned rock & roll racers and GTA: Vice City

whitelye

Oct 9, 2008
Final Fantasy VII and Sonic 1 and 2 had the best soundtracks, despite, and partly because of, the fact that they were just midi tracks. It's just pure compositional genius that doesn't need all the huge production values and tired, old Wagnerian themes recycled over and over again.

Trogd0r

Jun 5, 2008
I like the electronic/techno music from Half Life 2, it really sets the mood well, and gets the adrenaline pumping.

As for other games, I like the soundtracks from The Elder Scrolls games.

ZenMonkey47

Jan 10, 2008
God of War I and II are quite possibly the most epic collection I've ever heard (take that Carl Orff)

My personal favorites tracks are:
The Vengeful Spartan
Hades, God of the Underworld
The Colossus of Rhodes
Battle for the Skies

axia777

Oct 10, 2008
I change my vote to WipeOut XL. I love that sound track. Racing to it at 500 mph kicks ass.

Solo508

Jul 19, 2008
You all suck for not saying Metal Gear Solid. That song is kick ass. Gives me goose bumps! XD