Best/worst flavour of crisps?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Crisps?

Well... I don't know about crisps but potato chips I really do enjoy.

My favorite chips have been discontinued sadly. They were made by Old Dutch and were called Rave Salt and Vinegar.

"You know when you're eating a bag of chips and you hit that one perfect chip coated with so much flavour that your taste buds do a little happy dance? Well, every single Rave chip is just like that. Using the latest in taste technology combined with a little TLC, we cram extra flavour on every Rave chip ? often twice as much as lesser chips ? so you get more pleasure with every bite. Rave ? for people who crave extra flavour on every chip!"

No decent image of the bag exists sadly! D:

Other Salt and Vinegar chips fill the void but nothing ever tasted as great.

All other flavors are inferior to me so I don't buy them.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
You ask a hard question, there buddy. For me it has to be a tough choice between Walker's BBQ, Prawn Cocktail, Salt and Vinegar or Walkers Sensations Sweet Thai (For those days where I have 2 quid to blow and I'm craving pure crappy food).

The worst for me is beef, steak, bad variations of prawn cocktail where it tastes more fishy. Otherwise I will devour any crisps. Any. God I love crisps so much why must they be so fattening and why must I diet god I just want some crisps now. God damn you peeople and food threads making me hungry.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Sean Hollyman said:
Barbas said:
Pickled Onion's the worst, probably; that stuff is nasty. That or Tomato Ketchup. The very best is likely either Worcester Sauce or Roast Chicken. Ready Salted does not qualify. Pretty much all flavours of Lays brand crisps are foul.

...Yep, it's probably Worcester Sauce - there's no odd flavour quite like it. Prawn Cocktail comes close, but falls valiantly short for its efforts.

Wut, they've been back for a while now where you've been?
Nah, I just found a picture and realized after I chose it that it had that label on the packaging, so II decided to make a joke for reasons I...honestly don't entirely understand!

I could go for some of those nice limited edition flavours they had a few years ago in that competition...mmmmm.

Padwolf said:
You ask a hard question, there buddy. For me it has to be a tough choice between Walker's BBQ, Prawn Cocktail, Salt and Vinegar or Walkers Sensations Sweet Thai (For those days where I have 2 quid to blow and I'm craving pure crappy food).

The worst for me is beef, steak, bad variations of prawn cocktail where it tastes more fishy. Otherwise I will devour any crisps. Any. God I love crisps so much why must they be so fattening and why must I diet god I just want some crisps now. God damn you peeople and food threads making me hungry.
Oh, 'ey, Padwolf! Nife ta fee you back. Whuh were you fayin'? I wuv juft eadin' fum crifpf...*munch munch munch*.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Barbas said:
Oh, 'ey, Padwolf! Nife ta fee you back. Whuh were you fayin'? I wuv juft eadin' fum crifpf...*munch munch munch*.

Barbas... why must you do this to me? Why? Please share. Please? PLEASE?! Do you know what makes this all worse? There's a bag of crisps right next to me. Cheese and onions and looking damn fine, an "extra fill" pack. But they are my boyfriends. I know he's going to want them tomorrow. But they are right there, taunting me. And now the internal debate begins. Do I eat the crisps and taste the pure delight of them and face an annoyed boyfriend in the morning? Or should I soldier on and prove to myself that I can diet and can resist? I can't get a bag to replace that one.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
Overall salt and vinegar come the top of my list as my most reliable favourite flavour. I do really like some steak flavoured crisps but only when they actually taste like steak (please take note Walkers, I appreciate you want your brand to appeal to vegetarians but I wont eat meat flavoured crisps that taste like they have been produced in a chemical vat).

I loathe Cheese and Onion crisps, the taste, the smell, they are just damn awful. In addition, how does that taste anything like cheese and/or onion?

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
It's no bloody wonder there have been contests for new flavors over in my neck of the woods. Otherwise, we'd be so terribly boring compared to you lot.

searron

Mar 1, 2010
I'ts not the best, which is sour cream and onion, but it is pretty damn good: Wasabi-beef

"Sharp Wasabi and Mild Beef"

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
This may be a bit weird, but when I visited England last summer I couldn't get enough of the Prawn Cocktail flavored crisps. For some reason they were amazingly delicious.

FrozenCones

Dec 31, 2009
Monster Munch (ANY FLAVOR)

Although i'm quite partial to the Smoky Bacon and Flaming Hot.

This is one thing I really miss about moving from the UK to Australia.

ES BUENO!

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Let's see....

When I was in middle school I fell in love with Lays' Sour Cream and Onion. That stuff went well with anything that I ate.

In our town we had a store called "Brits", which sold all sorts of British imports. And I have to say Steak and Onion Walkers are probably the greatest thing I've eaten as a snack

Prawn Cocktail Walkers are too tangy. Same thing with salt and vinegar.

And contrary to Rage from Rage Gaming, Skips did not impress me. Same thing with Quavers. The "melt in your mouth" thing is sort of a bizarre texture.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Padwolf said:
I say soldier on as best you can. Persistence will be rewarded! Just imagine they're vile Lays crisps - sour cream and onion flavour, the worst of the worst. Problem solved!

I sometimes suck on my forearm like a lamprey when I become possessed by hunger. Hurts the blood levels a little, but it tides me over until mealtime!

[small][sub]Whoo...startin' to feel a lil' lighthouse...think I'll jus' sit down onthis badger ferrabit...*Thud* [http://i.imgur.com/YWOMA00.gif].[/sub][/small]

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
FrozenCones said:
Monster Munch (ANY FLAVOR)

Although i'm quite partial to the Smoky Bacon and Flaming Hot.

This is one thing I really miss about moving from the UK to Australia.

ES BUENO!
Bigger bags!? MORE AIR!

Jokes aside, I'm partial to plain, old salt n' vinegar Tayto crisps. I had a fad of dem Tayto spirals a couple of years, ago, though, but since my dad keeps sending round Walkers Thai sweet chilli every week, I rarely need to buy crisps, myself.

I like a lot of crisp flavours, though. If I lived in 'Murica (or if we still had them, here), I'd probably say my favourite crisps were Cheetos. Worst flavour, doe? Sour cream and onion. Poisonally.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Barbas said:
I say soldier on as best you can. Persistence will be rewarded! Just imagine they're vile Lays crisps - sour cream and onion flavour, the worst of the worst. Problem solved!

I sometimes suck on my forearm like a lamprey when I become possessed by hunger. Hurts the blood levels a little, but it tides me over until mealtime!

[small][sub]Whoo...startin' to feel a lil' lighthouse...think I'll jus' sit down onthis badger ferrabit...*Thud* [http://i.imgur.com/YWOMA00.gif].[/sub][/small]
No, Barbas! No more flesh sucking! It's a nasty habit. And no more sitting on helpless badgers, they tend to get rather grumpy when sat on. Get yourself up off the floor, get me a bag of crisps, and we shall sort your blood level problem!

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Always been a fan of 'Salt and Vinegar', but the combination can sometimes overpower all sense of taste from my mouth for a while. 'Ready Salted' is always a sure win if I'm just wanting something to snack on.

As for worst... I believe this has no contest:

Phlogiston

Apr 27, 2014
Surprised not to see anyone mention Brannigans, both Ham or Beef with mustard on a nice thick crisp...awesome...

also rans: Quavers, anything with some spice/heat to them (really want to try those Wasabi Beef ones now)