Best/worst flavour of crisps?

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Colour Scientist said:
Cheese and Onion is ye olde faithful.

I've never been a fan of Prawn Cocktail or the blue bag of Doritos, Cool flavour or something?

Hnnnnng...

The Irish make better things with potatoes than the English.

This revelation both shocks and intrigues me.
You're surprised that the Irish are good with potatoes?

OP:

Best: BBQ, always in short supply, can never get enough.

Worst: Salt and Vinegar, without a doubt. They're just... uncomfortable.

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
the best?
good and original flavour that goes well with a sandwich and a mars bar

The worst?
tastes very acidic, and quickly turns your saliva sickeningly saline.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Crisp? What the heck is a Crisp? Oh, wait... Did you mean Potato CHIP? Come on guys, let's speak English. It's not hard.
You know, the "sport" where people fall down and pretend to get hurt, while nothing happens is called Soccer. Football already exists, and stuff actually happens. I mean, if I wanted to watch something as boring as Soccer, I'd watch Baseball. And, stop trying to cheat at Scrabble by adding unnecessary vowels to words.

OT: My favorite Potato Chip is Sour cream & Onion. But, I also enjoy myself some Sour cream and Cheddar, and Salt and Vinegar.
Now that I think of it, I have yet to eat a Potato Chip I haven't enjoyed.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Terratina. said:
I'm a boring person who loves Ready Salted over all else. Seriously, there's nothing like some decent [http://www.ecogreenstore.co.uk/images/lightlysalted.jpg] handmade crisps with a bit of salt on 'em. >.>
Ready Salted is like the Phantom Blood of the Walker's Bizarre Crisps world.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Souplex said:
What are crisps?
*Reads*
Oh, you mean chips!
If you're talking about chips, just say chips.
Sour Cream & Onion, cheese, and honey BBQ are among my favorites.
Dear boy, I do like a good plate of beans and chips.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Good ol original! Woo! I never enjoyed bursts of other flavours like that. I tend to enjoy original flavours of anything, really

DOOM GUY

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Jul 3, 2010
I tend to avoid flavors that don't sound good, but my favorites have always been Barbeque and Sour Cream & Onion.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Best: Tie between sour cream & onion and salt & vinegar.

Worst: Anything made in asia. Seriously, they just cannot make chips. Any flavour from the west is a million miles better than any brand/flavour combination of chips manufactured in asia.

Rblade

Mar 1, 2010
agreeing with someone that said they don't taste like either, I still find cheese onion the best. Which is funny because actual cheese crisps I don't like.

ilspooner

Apr 13, 2010
My favourite is barbecue. I can't even place why exactly I like it, it tastes weird. In a good way. Now I want some.

Worst is a tie. I hate salt and vinegar, because the taste of vinegar has always made me want to retch. Not really a good trait of a food.
The second one is a bit of an oddity, because I don't really dislike it as such. My body does though. I had a couple of Sour Cream and Onion chips when I was feeling a bit sick. However, five minutes later, I started violently throwing up (something unrelated). So, my body has associated that flavour with the violent puking. It's not really that fun. My throat closes up as soon as I just smell them. :(

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Sean Hollyman said:
Souplex said:
What are crisps?
*Reads*
Oh, you mean chips!
If you're talking about chips, just say chips.
Sour Cream & Onion, cheese, and honey BBQ are among my favorites.
Dear boy, I do like a good plate of beans and chips.
?
But sir, you've provided a picture of french fries, not chips.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I hate the "flaming hot" flavor some chips/crisps have like Cheetos and whatnot. They're just heat with nothing else.

As for my favorite...I'm not really picky but, Sour Cream & Onion on ruffled UTZ is my favorite.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Best flavour. Sausage and Tomato Ketchup.
I think Golden Wonder did them for a year or so and then stopped (probably because they got bought-out by Walkers)
They were an awesome flavour and I loved them.

Worst flavour is definitely Chicken flavour. Simply because EVERY BLOODY PERSON THAT EATS WHILST ON PUBLIC TRANSPORT HAS A PACKET OF THESE MOTHERFUCKERS WITH THEM AND THE SMELL LINGERS FOR HOURS AND DRIVES ME INSANE.

It's the worst smell of anything, ever, no I have no idea what they taste like, but the smell is enough to put me off forever.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
fhmy said:
I've always been fond of salt and vinegar. It has this wierd masochistic appeal to it when you've been eating for a while. As for worst, I'd say any of the crazy as all fuck flavours they have in China. I had something like lemonade flavoured crisps once. Not the greatest.
Oh god, yes, I remember those. I picked up a pink bag thinking they were Prawn Cocktail crisps; they were something like lobster and pepper. I ate a crisp and tossed the entire thing away.

Which reminds me: The absolute best flavour and the only crisps I will eat:

The Walkers Prawn Cocktail, which is provably the best (In a subjective manner)