Beta Feedback Thread

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
so basically what you're saying is that you would rather get your panties in a knot when i say something you don't like rather than just block me out entirely?
No, what I was basically saying is that a feature where one person dictates another person's ignore list is a pretty shit feature to have when building a community.

Just because you can't deal with other views that shouldn't give you the right to take away other people's ability to see other views.

I'd rather read a post I don't agree with, possibly be offended by it and deal with those emotions than live in a bubble and never read an opposing view, or in your suggestion, be forced to live in a bubble.
Also folks this is a BETA FEEDBACK forum, not a debate forum. I'm using this to feed data to our tech team to make fixes and updates, so please don't clutter it. Thanks.
See it as feedback on the feedback, makes the posts sound a lot more useful.

Last edited:

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Speaking of the bottom of threads, might be a good idea to implement those 'latest, most popular, and most commented' boxes on this forum to try and loop the forum traffic back into articles, and have a 'latest forum posts' box next to articles and videos to do the opposite.

Edit: Actually speaking of the latest forum posts box that you have on the side of the forum lists, it's kind of bare bones compared to what we used to have. This is the best picture i could find of it, sorry if it's a little hard to make out. top right:
You could switch between 'latest', 'most views', and 'most comments', then it listed the thread name, last post info (which was a link to the last post), and the number of replies. And then most importantly at the bottom were little arrows that let you navigate to the next oldest posts in line, so if you didn't see anything interesting in the first 5 you could keep going.

Last edited:

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
It'd be cool if the navigation banner at the top followed the top of the screen as you scrolled, since that's where your alerts are. At the moment, you open up alerts, click on one, get taken to a comment, read it, then gotta scroll up through all the comments on the page to get back to alerts to click to your next alert. Be nice if the nav bar just stayed at the top of your view so you can skip the scrolling.

This is at least on the mobile browser, I don't have a PC with me and don't remember if you have to do all that scrolling on the PC version.

Topaz

Surprise Mechanic
Legacy
Mar 31, 2020
It'd be cool if the navigation banner at the top followed the top of the screen as you scrolled, since that's where your alerts are. At the moment, you open up alerts, click on one, get taken to a comment, read it, then gotta scroll up through all the comments on the page to get back to alerts to click to your next alert. Be nice if the nav bar just stayed at the top of your view so you can skip the scrolling.

This is at least on the mobile browser, I don't have a PC with me and don't remember if you have to do all that scrolling on the PC version.
At the bottom-right of the screen, there should be two arrows, which you can press to quickly return to the top of the page (or the bottom, if you press the other arrow).

Not sure if they show up on mobile though.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
At the bottom-right of the screen, there should be two arrows, which you can press to quickly return to the top of the page (or the bottom, if you press the other arrow).

Not sure if they show up on mobile though.
Oh yeah, they do. That's nice, thanks.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada

I hate it when websites do this. Cutting into the viewing space like that makes the site feel cramped. I'd be okay with it following just offscreen and scrolling up immediately makes it appear at the top of the screen.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
It would be nice to see a post's edit history.

On GameFAQs, for example, when you click a post's number you get to see all of its edits.

Last edited:

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Few things I want to bring up

1. A major criticism I've run into that most other people probably haven't noticed is the word max on posts is much smaller. 1000 words, I could've sworn on the old site it was much bigger. I recently attempted my 1st review and I had to put it into 2 posts because I hit the word limit.

2. Forum games and role-playing do not seem to be here, it's not surprising with role-playing considering no one's playing those here anymore but forum games is still somewhat active, Why cut it out?

Reactions: Drathnoxis

Caramel Frappe

Legacy
Dec 10, 2010
California
Country
United States
I know it may be too late to ask, but would a Roleplay Forum be possible? A lot of people back in the day loved roleplaying in their own thread, and it was easy to keep track of. Granted, Discord exists now so we mostly use that instead, but here? So many options and choices for the formatting, inserting pictures / images / what have you and far more commands than Discord provides.

Would love to see that one day. Otherwise glad to see this website is back on it's feet!

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I know it may be too late to ask, but would a Roleplay Forum be possible? A lot of people back in the day loved roleplaying in their own thread, and it was easy to keep track of. Granted, Discord exists now so we mostly use that instead, but here? So many options and choices for the formatting, inserting pictures / images / what have you and far more commands than Discord provides.

Would love to see that one day. Otherwise glad to see this website is back on it's feet!
Oh hey, glad to see you around again!

I hate it when websites do this. Cutting into the viewing space like that makes the site feel cramped. I'd be okay with it following just offscreen and scrolling up immediately makes it appear at the top of the screen.
Yeah, please god I hope it sticks to those arrows and nothing else. So many sites get that banner thing wrong too, like when the entire page juts into position after you scroll past the top of the page or back to it. Makes me mis-click so many things when that happens

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I haven’t read through this entire thread, but will our old post count and profile data eventually transfer over?
It looks like Nick did it manually for some people at this time. No idea if it'll be moved over though when the transition happens.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Can we raise the character cap? I hit the cap attempting to post a message in this thread.

It didn't give me a descriptive error either. It just said something like "something went wrong, try again", and I had to troubleshoot the problem on my own.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Can you disable email notification by default. I tried turning it off on my profile after seeing like 100 messages but even with that off in my settings I still seem to be getting them.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Can you disable email notification by default. I tried turning it off on my profile after seeing like 100 messages but even with that off in my settings I still seem to be getting them.
The only way I've found to quit receiving all emails was to use one of the emails to unsubscribe from them.

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
It would be nice to see a post's edit history.

On GameFAQs, for example, when you click a post's number you get to see all of its edits.
i don't need or want you people being able to see my history of stupid typos i had to fix up.

they happen often. lol

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker