Beta Feedback Thread

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Anyone else unable to PM other users anymore? Can't seem to start any new ones, tho I can still continue existing conversations.

Reactions: gorfias

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Anyone else unable to PM other users anymore? Can't seem to start any new ones, tho I can still continue existing conversations.
Just tried sending you a message... I think it went through.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Just tried sending you a message... I think it went through.
It did. But if I wanted to initiate a PM with you, I can't. I don't have that option anymore. Or maybe I do, but I'm a dumbass and can't find it anymore.

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
It did. But if I wanted to initiate a PM with you, I can't. I don't have that option anymore. Or maybe I do, but I'm a dumbass and can't find it anymore.
Hm, odd. I'll be interested to hear if anyone else has a similar issue.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Hm, odd. I'll be interested to hear if anyone else has a similar issue.
Where should the message button be normally? Kinda hard to know if I'm missing the button if I don't know where it's supposed to be.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Where should the message button be normally? Kinda hard to know if I'm missing the button if I don't know where it's supposed to be.
When you hover over a user's name you get this pop-up showing their join date, post count and so on. And on the bottom buttons to Follow / Ignore and there should also be one for starting a conversation, but it's not there, at least it's isn't for me.
Screenshot 2022-02-13 213018.png

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
When you hover over a user's name you get this pop-up showing their join date, post count and so on. And on the bottom buttons to Follow / Ignore and there should also be one for starting a conversation, but it's not there, at least it's isn't for me.
Same empty void on my end.

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
View attachment 5523
Interesting, it is still there for me, but looks like ordinary users may have lost this functionality:

Start conversation screenshot.jpg

Will pass this onto the tech team.

Reactions: gorfias and Chimpzy

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I'm getting deja vu. Seems like we just went through a forum slowly collapsing in on itself one feature at a time. Does that mean it's time to open up the Wild West again?

Last edited:

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Also @JoJo
ban this spambot please

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Splattered!
Another one. Could you maybe make another thread for reports? Might start to get cluttered here, otherwise.

Reactions: JoJo

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Also @JoJo
ban this spambot please

Unless I missed something, that was a legitimate thread I made?
*edit* ahh just realized it was a separate deleted bot post.

Anyways, another bot here -

Reactions: JoJo

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Another one. Could you maybe make another thread for reports? Might start to get cluttered here, otherwise.
Sure, good idea:

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Sure, good idea:

Any news on the PM feature? We have digital keys sharing and we PM allows us to do so while avoiding Bots stealing them. Only other option is sort of doxing oneself.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Any news on the PM feature? We have digital keys sharing and we PM allows us to do so while avoiding Bots stealing them. Only other option is sort of doxing oneself.
PMs will probably be disabled for the foreseeable future. Lots of spam/abuse issues there and on top of that, lots of V1 users have bad emails causing issues with our email provider since we don't have a good bounce email processing system set up.

Reactions: gorfias and JoJo