Beta Feedback Thread

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
We moved email providers and the new provider does not have authorization to send from the root domain. I'm still seeing the From address as Escapist Magazine <[email protected]> so you should be able to configure your filters to do the routing you want.
Sadly that is not reflected by what the reciever sees; we see it as sent by 'forums=[email protected]' so it seems I'll need to adjust the rule.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
@egadmin
I think there's a bug in the search. When specifying to search 'this thread' it returns "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later." Searching for 'Rogue Legacy' as an example, If I search the What are you currently playing thread specifically it returns a white page and the error and I can't access the site for a couple minutes. But if I just search 'everywhere' it actually does give me results from that thread.

Also it'd be nice if the search didn't do this "The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common." If you could put quotes around a phrase and search for it exactly regardless of how common the words are, it'd be great.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Hello may I have my username changed? ty
Can you not just make a new account? You have like 4 posts so it's not like you are losing anything, and I'm guessing those are all just trying to get your username changed.

Apparently The Escapist is undergoing some management changes again, so I'm assuming things are going to be a little slow on the forum administration (more than usual) until things settle down.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Okay, so this has been bugging me for a while, and I've finally decided to make a post on it. When typing in the comment box, I can use keyboard shortcuts for things like bold, italics, and so on- but the italics shortcut will often not let me close off the italics (it turns back on when I continue typing), and I have to click the icon above the comment box to be able to type normally.

egadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2020
Country
USA
Can you not just make a new account? You have like 4 posts so it's not like you are losing anything, and I'm guessing those are all just trying to get your username changed.

Apparently The Escapist is undergoing some management changes again, so I'm assuming things are going to be a little slow on the forum administration (more than usual) until things settle down.
Yep, I'm no longer involved so unfortunately the tiny human behind this account won't be responding to requests. Till we meet again!

Reactions: Drathnoxis

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Ah, that's a shame. It's been real. Good luck in whatever your plans are now.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
how do you get a legacy tag?
Posted in the legacy thread, like, 2 years ago. Don't know why so many people care about that badge when they clearly aren't going to come back and start posting regularly on the forums again.

Death916

Apr 21, 2008
Posted in the legacy thread, like, 2 years ago. Don't know why so many people care about that badge when they clearly aren't going to come back and start posting regularly on the forums again.
i have posts every yr or so for like 15 years not alot of time for forums these days