Beta Feedback Thread

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Also, I'm missing the little recent posts dropdown that the old forums had, which would give you links to your four most recent posts. That one was really useful.
I love that feature. Saves me the hassle of having to bookmark a ton of pages if I can just easily access 1 from the main forum page. Would be great to have back.

Let's put it this way. I'm the opposite of how Kyle Gaddo was managing the forums when V2 was launched.
That's a bit of a relief, not gonna lie. Props to anyone who can deal with the site's BS when things get tough. But... yeah. Oof. Hrm. Bluh.

I also disabled signatures as I can already tell people are gonna abuse them.
Signatures I get, I never really liked them too much personally. But is there a way I can put in a thing to replace my "New member" tag? I'd love to have my Unprofessional Rant Artist thing back below my name again

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
I love that feature. Saves me the hassle of having to bookmark a ton of pages if I can just easily access 1 from the main forum page. Would be great to have back.

That's a bit of a relief, not gonna lie. Props to anyone who can deal with the site's BS when things get tough. But... yeah. Oof. Hrm. Bluh.

Signatures I get, I never really liked them too much personally. But is there a way I can put in a thing to replace my "New member" tag? I'd love to have my Unprofessional Rant Artist thing back below my name again
You can edit your title now to make it custom. Keep it clean folks.

Reactions: Drathnoxis

Nick Calandra

Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Looks like I'll need to have tech install an add-on to give more control over Profile pages. I'll follow-up on that on Monday.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Ha, ok, I love the ability to add a cover to a thread. But, I can see it being easily abused by jerks. You might want to add it as a reward for longer time members or something like that, so that not anyone who just makes an account could post something there but it has to be something earned that you probably don't want to lose.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Also, I'm missing the little recent posts dropdown that the old forums had, which would give you links to your four most recent posts. That one was really useful.
At the top of the page there is a button called "Forums", correct?

Click on the little arrow on the right side of the button and you'll see a menu pop up, under the header Find Threads you can select "Threads with your posts", which shows threads that you posted in lately.

This what you are looking for?

Nick Calandra

Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
That's appreciated. I understand being security-minded, but that seemed a bit much.

Now could we have some sort of visible indicator of which threads in a forum have unread messages?
I'll have to have tech do something for the actual thread views, but yes, like bluegate said, there's a bunch of options on the dropdown arrow you can use in the forums menu.

I've also added a sidebar on the main screen and forums list where you'll see the latest posts for threads.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
At the top of the page there is a button called "Forums", correct?

Click on the little arrow on the right side of the button and you'll see a menu pop up, under the header Find Threads you can select "Threads with your posts", which shows threads that you posted in lately.

This what you are looking for?
Not really.
I'm talking about

You don't need to load a new page to get to it, and it takes you right to your post.

Also, I'm getting some weird text at the bottom of the Conversations and Alerts dropdowns

Nick Calandra

Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Not really.
I'm talking about

You don't need to load a new page to get to it, and it takes you right to your post.

Also, I'm getting some weird text at the bottom of the Conversations and Alerts dropdowns

The weird text has been fixed, and a "New" visual indicator has been added to unread threads now by tech.

Topaz

Surprise Mechanic
Legacy
Mar 31, 2020
One more request: Can we have a master "mark all read" button on the main page?
Click the little dropdown arrow next to the "Forums" link in the navbar header at the top. It's the last item in that menu.

Topaz

Surprise Mechanic
Legacy
Mar 31, 2020
Animated avatars appear to be working now. They're a little slow to upload, but just be patient with it. The resizing is done automatically by the server, so you'll need to give it a moment to complete the process.