Beta Feedback Thread

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Did we add a fucking swear filter?
They did, and while the N word I get and the C word I kinda get, I really think them censoring the B word is just stupid. I can tell someone to stop bitching but I can't remove the 'ing' part or suddenly that's bad? It's inconsistent and weird. I guess they're trying to come up with ways to censor profanity that can be directed towards someone, but there's loads of ways I could work the ones that aren't censored for that purpose.

So, it's working as intended, but the way it's intended feels weirdly half assed/inconsistent

Reactions: Drathnoxis

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Can we add a notification if we get a warning? I just deleted a post of mine but when I went to do it I noticed I got a warning on that post, but didn't get any type of notification about the warning. It doesn't appear that anything show up in my alerts and I didn't get a message about it.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Isn't one supposed to get a notification if they get warned? Going through an older thread I noticed I got a warning for a post, but have received no actual notification for the warning happening.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
As much as I disliked the permabanned avatar swap, the rest of the moderation notification system on the old site was really good and I'd like to see it reimplemented. You could tell if someone was suspended/banned and get a link to the post they were suspended/banned for. Much better than the current system of "people disappear and nobody has any idea why."

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Can we add a notification if we get a warning? I just deleted a post of mine but when I went to do it I noticed I got a warning on that post, but didn't get any type of notification about the warning. It doesn't appear that anything show up in my alerts and I didn't get a message about it.
Isn't one supposed to get a notification if they get warned? Going through an older thread I noticed I got a warning for a post, but have received no actual notification for the warning happening.
Yeah, you guys are meant to receive notifications for warnings. If anyone out there has received a warning through the notification system, I would be interested to hear from you (can be by PM, if you would prefer to be more discreet).

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yeah, you guys are meant to receive notifications for warnings. If anyone out there has received a warning through the notification system, I would be interested to hear from you (can be by PM, if you would prefer to be more discreet).
I did get a direct warning from Nick before, but that was through the conversation system. I only know of the aforementioned warning because I stumbled upon it.

Reactions: JoJo

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Also, while you're doing notifications, if you could expose the specific error that causes a post to not get posted (too long, too many links, too many pictures, too many quotes, etc) that would also be appreciated.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Also, while you're doing notifications, if you could expose the specific error that causes a post to not get posted (too long, too many links, too many pictures, too many quotes, etc) that would also be appreciated.
Also, while you're doing post errors you could raise the caps on all those things so it's not so restrictive and we don't constantly run into errors in the first place

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
So, not like a huge deal, but I've noticed there's no way to view the little About You thing that you can write in account Details, I mean like it's not displayed anywhere on your profile.

Tireseas

Plaguegirl
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Seattle
Country
United States
I'm sure it's already been asked, but can someone with creation authority start threads for articles within the forums? Having the forums for most conversations and Disquis for articles is a bit of a pain...