Beta Feedback Thread

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I don't think any of us expected someone to one-man-army spam an entire forum though, especially "jokingly" saying they expected to be banned for it (Implying they knew they were over-doing it but kept doing it any ways to see what they could get away with)
Please do not misrepresent my client Mr. Shadysade, he's no man he is simply a butt-hole.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
I don't think any of us expected someone to one-man-army spam an entire forum though, especially "jokingly" saying they expected to be banned for it (Implying they knew they were over-doing it but kept doing it any ways to see what they could get away with)
Yeah, I was surprised I didn't get a warning or PM about stopping. It's always fun to upset the establishment to test the waters of what is acceptable.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
I'd like a health bar or something personal to show us how many warnings we have until the ban hammer drops in. I think I saw it was a 3 strike rule, but I'm not sure.

Tireseas

Plaguegirl
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Seattle
Country
United States
Less about the forums, more about the site itself. The current side-banner ads appear to be messing with the site formatting (see below/attached images of my experience).

Is there a browser setting item I'm missing here? It's been like that since the ad started and I had hoped it would have been fixed by now given how intrusive it is.

(Everyone should still go out and vote)

Screenshot 2020-10-02 143018.jpg
Screenshot 2020-10-02 143039.jpg
Screenshot 2020-10-02 143105.jpg

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
The weird quirks when trying to make a title a slightly larger font size than the text in the body of a post. Like you quote part of an article in a thread and have the title slightly larger. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Sometimes it works, then you try to edit the post, and not even the part where it has the title set to 15 or something, like when correcting spelling on a non related word in the post you are editing then it suddenly refuses to let you save until you make the title font the same size as the rest of the post even though you didn't touch that in your editing. It is whack.
For example:
The Smurfs
The Smurfs (French: Les Schtroumpfs; Dutch: De Smurfen) is a Belgian comic franchise centered on a fictional colony of small, blue, human-like creatures who live in mushroom-shaped houses in the forest. The Smurfs was first created and introduced as a series of comic characters by the Belgian comics artist Peyo (the pen name of Pierre Culliford) in 1958, wherein they were known as Les Schtroumpfs. There are more than 100 Smurf characters, and their names are based on adjectives that emphasise their characteristics, such as "Jokey Smurf", who likes to play practical jokes on his fellow smurfs. "Smurfette" was the first female Smurf to be introduced in the series. The Smurfs wear Phrygian caps, which came to represent freedom during the modern era.

It allowed me to post this THIS time. But when editing it may not allow me to save it sometimes when changing something else entirely if I do not change the larger font size in the title. You never know when it will do this either as it seem to be random..

Last edited:

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Less about the forums, more about the site itself. The current side-banner ads appear to be messing with the site formatting (see below/attached images of my experience).

Is there a browser setting item I'm missing here? It's been like that since the ad started and I had hoped it would have been fixed by now given how intrusive it is.

(Everyone should still go out and vote)

View attachment 1052
View attachment 1053
View attachment 1054
Wowzers, that's the first report of that I've seen. Will alert tech right away.

Tireseas

Plaguegirl
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Seattle
Country
United States
Wowzers, that's the first report of that I've seen. Will alert tech right away.
I don't know if that was already on their watch list or not. The issue has since seemed to be resolved and I remember seeing the ad working properly. Still might want to look into it just in case.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
So just checking,do you upload discussion forums for new videos when they release like you used to? Or is it up somewhere and I just can't find it?

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
The text when you quote somebody with the reply button is good and legible, but when you make a quote manually it's still too dark on the dark theme.

Text too dark said:
Some writing

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Can there be an option for, I don't know, a super ignore? Make it to where a particular poster isn't even hinted at existing on the forum?

Reactions: lil devils x

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Can we have another politics subforum to actually contain the political threads? There are currently 8 political threads in Off-Topic.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Can we have another politics subforum to actually contain the political threads? There are currently 8 political threads in Off-Topic.
And maybe it could be hidden from the "latest posts" sidebar like how certain subforms were on the original website.

Reactions: Drathnoxis