Beta Testers Extract PlayStation All-Stars Roster

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
It's still kind of weird to see things that aren't really "Sony". DMC has been multiplatform since the third one, for instance. The Bioshock: Infinite stage is Sony? I don't really get it.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
HOLY SHIT!, Sir Daniel Fortesque!??. Even if I don't have a PS3, I'll definitely buy this game.

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
I can already tell this is going to be a train wreck. Who develops a game that banks on nostalgia, but then puts in a much maligned remake of a nostalgic character? Someone with no idea what they're doing, or someone who is marketing instead of making something. Smash Brothers was an act of love, a genuine attempt to capture the child-like wonderment of playing with action figures from disparate franchises and not giving one damn. This seems like soulless bandwagoning laced with attempts at marketing. Oh, sure, there will probably be a classic Dante skin, but odds are 50/50 that it's DLC, and even if it isn't, DmC Dante being the one advertised on the box is still a slap in the face.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Wait, its a closed beta? Boy, they sure choose the wrong beta testers if the guys immediately just leaked information.

Call Me Jose

That One Jose
Jul 4, 2012
This game will finally after all this time decide whether I'll be getting a PS3 or not, and it looks like I might as well start saving.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Give me a rupture farms map and control over Abe and I'll buy the shit out of this game.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
very few of these characters actually appeal to me. I'm kinda shocked no final fantsy characters are in it. Is sly cooper on the roster? They can't add solid snake because Nintendo called dibs a while back but if they get to go cross platform to grab characters with brawl, why cant sony grab a few characters like megaman/rockman. And where the hell is crash bandicoot and spyro in all this?

Drefanator

Nov 24, 2009
Still don't understand how a Sony all stars game doesn't have Crash Bandicoot. Crash was the reason I had a PS1. I know he's taken a very large fall since those days, but still, I feel he was the Mario of the PS1.

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
Spike and Sir Daniel? Although they some big additions I still expect Crash and Spyro. They're both under Activision now, get on that Sony.

Frontastic

Aug 3, 2010
I made a vow that if Crash and Sir Dan were revealed as characters, I'd buy a PS3 for this... I didn't dare to hope that Sony would even put Sir Dan in there.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Really? Bioshock: Infinite? I mean, Bioshock's great and all, but I thought this was supposed to be exclusive Sony stuff.

Also, I have a massive hankerin' to play some good ol' Ape Escape right 'bout now, but I just don't have any...

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Oh my god. I've been considering buying a ps3 for about a year now. Add in a few more characters from my childhood, and I'll be sold.

captcha: cloud nine. Bloomin mind reader.

Orbot_Vectorman

Cleaning trash since 1990
May 11, 2009
You know... this roster is still missing a lady character.... *Caugh* Aya Brea *Caugh*

oh, and Laura Croft, or hell lets put Yuna (FF 10?) and/ or Lightning (FF 12)... but no cloud or seph!

Orbot_Vectorman

Cleaning trash since 1990
May 11, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Orbot_Vectorman said:
You know... this roster is still missing a lady character.... *Caugh* Aya Brea *Caugh*

oh, and Laura Croft, or hell lets put Yuna (FF 10?) and/ or Lightning (FF 12)... but no cloud or seph!
Two things:

1) Lightning is from 13. Ashe was from 12.

2) Himiko from Heavenly Sword is a girl.
Crap... umm must have missed seeing Himiko.... hehe.... and sorry, I don't play much Final Fatasy.... so.