Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-creation-kit/2016/04/26/114

Soon we will have are mods.

Also holy shit are they trying to kill off the nexus?

Also HORSE ARMOUR

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I figure they were up to something like this considering how long it took them to release the construction kit. The Nexus will probably still serve a purpose, and may still offer better services in the long run (it's beaten out Steam Workshop, for example). If anything it'll serve a niche for booby mods and some of the more techy mods out there.

Pirate Of PC Master race

Rambles about half of the time
Jun 14, 2013
Veldie said:

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-creation-kit/2016/04/26/114

Soon we will have are mods.

Also holy shit are they trying to kill off the nexus?

Also HORSE ARMOUR
Well, I guess having some mod distribution platform is a first step to monopolizing it.
You all know what I am thinking about.

And of course, being official mod distribution could prove to be problematic, as some of more interesting moding requires 3rd party software or modding of "off limits" files(which is officially condemned by developers).

Sep 14, 2009
slo said:
AccursedTheory said:
Anyone else waiting for the other shoe to drop?

slo said:
Bethesda: 1, CDPR: 0
Keep thy bait to thyself.
Oh. Am I at risk of causing an argument over who has better mod support? I imagine there's a heated debate about this somewhere.
where is this supposed debate? besides putting those free DLC out there when the witcher 3 came out, I'm not sure where anyone argued they gave jizz worthy mod support...

so why the bait/flame right away?

OT: cautiously optimistic about them having their own platform to release the DLC on, I didn't see but did it say if it was exclusive? (as in no nexus/etc.. for mods using the creation kit?) because if so, they can suck a huge horse armor dick for 10.99, 99.99 for season pass version of it, if not, then more power to them.

Blacklight28

Nov 27, 2013
We'll see how this pans out, but I got a bad feeling about this... I smell paid modding on the horizon.

Sep 14, 2009
slo said:
gmaverick019 said:
slo said:
AccursedTheory said:
Anyone else waiting for the other shoe to drop?

slo said:
Bethesda: 1, CDPR: 0
Keep thy bait to thyself.
Oh. Am I at risk of causing an argument over who has better mod support? I imagine there's a heated debate about this somewhere.
where is this supposed debate? besides putting those free DLC out there when the witcher 3 came out, I'm not sure where anyone argued they gave jizz worthy mod support...

so why the bait/flame right away?
There's no debate. CDPR aren't releasing RedKit this time and there won't be any noteworthy mods. So I was wondering if this is a new trend and Bethesda is about to do the same.
But there is mod support for Fallout 4,and it is about to be the only current big RPG with mods. So they win.

......................okay, and?

Where in the hell did this come from. You're obviously carrying a backpack of salt here, am I unaware, did CD projekt say they were going to release the "redkit" for the witcher 3 or something? There must be more back story to this, and why it was even mentioned in this thread to begin with.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
They're competing with NexusMods? That won't work. NexusMods has been about since Morrowind. They have hundreds of thousands of users. Bethesda really should try working with NexusMods.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Blacklight28 said:
We'll see how this pans out, but I got a bad feeling about this... I smell paid modding on the horizon.
Valve tried that and it didn't work, anyone who tries to charge for mods is in for a bad time.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Yeah, it won't backfire for them.

EDIT

I need to stop reacting. Get the facts first.

From the sounds of it, Bethesda.net is going to be the way they offer mods for cross platform support. It doesn't sound like they will be restricting created content to this service. Nowhere in the video do they explicitly state, or allude, to this service being the only way to distribute Creator created content.

HybridChangeling

Dec 13, 2015
I'll stick with the Nexus, thank you. I feel a sense of dread realizing all the fan made stuff having to go through their filter, as well as it becoming the only place to go (In their dreamland) for mods. I understand a monopoly is safer then a risky competitive market but monopoly's breed EAs and Comcasts.

Pirate Of PC Master race

Rambles about half of the time
Jun 14, 2013
008Zulu said:
From the sounds of it, Bethesda.net is going to be the way they offer mods for cross platform support. It doesn't sound like they will be restricting created content to this service. Nowhere in the video do they explicitly state, or allude, to this service being the only way to distribute Creator created content.
Certainly didn't stop Valve & Bethesda from doing whatever they were doing the last time did it?

They can do same thing again. Easily. Or just roll out new patch to break old mods.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Pirate Of PC Master race said:
Certainly didn't stop Valve & Bethesda from doing whatever they were doing the last time did it?

They can do same thing again. Easily. Or just roll out new patch to break old mods.
And they would change their minds just as quickly when the community rebels. And given how effective their patches have been at permanently breaking mods, I would say that them constantly rolling out patches to fix in game bugs (if they did it purely to break mods, then see the above comment regarding community rebellion) would only be a boon to the playerbase.