Bethesda Drops Fallout MMOG Appeal Against Interplay

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
GL2814E said:
Eh, I don't enjoy MMOs so I never really cared. As long as Bethesda owns the Fallout license after all this rot I won't care. If Interplay does, (which I will remind many of you, they did sell Fallout to Bethesda fair and square,) then I assume we won't see another Fallout game until Bethesda decides to sell the franchise to some other gaming company when their catalog of licensed gaming fails them.
Someone hasn't heard of Fallout New Vegas being developed by Obsidian.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Daemascus said:
Xzi said:
Bethesda died after Morrowind. Everything they've released since then has been some of the most dumbed-down console kiddie crap to ever be called RPGs. That doesn't mean it's not occasionally fun, but you can no longer compare games like Oblivion to true RPGs such as Dragon Age.
Your kidding right? Your saying Dragon Age was better than Oblivion or Fallout 3?
I'd have to Agree with Xzi. Dragon Age's story alone kick the everliving crap out of Oblivion and Fallout 3. And the conversation options weren't for "good/bad" points. They were "action and reaction" which really can change how NPCs react to you. You kill someone in a town in Fallout 3, just leave and come back the next day. Everything was fine like you didn't blow Sheriff Simms' brain all over the ground. That's not right. And the fact that Fallout 3 took a step back when it came to conversations really was disappointing. At least Oblivion had topic changes. You could coerce/bribe/befriend/insult anyone as well. In Fallout 3 you got you standard "Good Karma/Neutral/Bad Karma" convo choices. That and Fallout 3 was piss easy. Come on putting all skill points into Small Guns = win. Oblivion didn't feel like an RPG to me. The leveling system was unnecessarily long winded, combat was repetitive and dull and the NPCs were boring. Dragon Age is challenging, actually forces forethought and preparation, has a damn good story, and unless you look stuff up online, the conversational results were always surprising. You could please all of your party all the time, which is realistic.

All in all Fallout 3 and Oblivion are fun for a bit, but Dragon Age has substance to it.

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
Andronicus said:
Also, there will be quite a lot of people running about, so there really needs to be some way of explaining that whilst keeping with the feeling of world in which survival is key, and not always guaranteed.
Hardcore pvp permadeath server, please do it :)

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
Let's hope that interplay actually makes a MMO good enough to make me quit WoW then. To bad all other MMOs have sucked so far.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
I've honestly got no hopes for this, here comes another WoW reskin. There'll be lots of hype but it'll fail after a few months. You'll see.

GL2814E

Feb 16, 2010
AzrealMaximillion said:
GL2814E said:
Eh, I don't enjoy MMOs so I never really cared. As long as Bethesda owns the Fallout license after all this rot I won't care. If Interplay does, (which I will remind many of you, they did sell Fallout to Bethesda fair and square,) then I assume we won't see another Fallout game until Bethesda decides to sell the franchise to some other gaming company when their catalog of licensed gaming fails them.
Someone hasn't heard of Fallout New Vegas being developed by Obsidian.
Obsidian is licensing the Fallout Franchise from Bethesda for New Vegas. Which means there are limits on what they can do. For instance, they can't retcon out the entire storyline of Fallout 3 and declare Van Buren the real successor to the Franchise... And Bethesda still owns it, kind of like how Obsidian was just licensed KOTOR for KOTOR II: The Sith Lords...

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
Mr. Grey said:
Yay? I guess? I stopped caring and figured either one could do approximately the same job. Only Interplay would probably have the worse of it and I don't think any of them could make it a true testament to the original Fallout.

Hubilub said:
Everyone...

*raises glass*

A toast for Interplay! Justice has prevailed!
I'll do that when they apologize to the defunct Black Isle Studios.
Got that right! They should apologize to them for several things. The 3 bigguns are canceling Van Buren, Making BoS, and of course firing them. Although this still doesn't mean it'll get made.

Grubnar

Aug 25, 2008
Fallout 3 could have been a good, even great, game.

But it was total crap.

It is the only game I have ever bought and been forced to download a pirated version of just so I could play the game I payed good money for! Maybe it worked on a console, but the PC version had more bugs that a anthill and was compleatly unplayable after they added "games for windows live". And it had the most stupid ending of any game I have ever played.

I just hope Fallout: New Vegas will be better.