Bethesda Reveals The Evil Within

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
A live-action trailer showing been-there-done-that Silent Hill horror. *yawn*

Oh, and a monster with a metalic object for a head wielding a giant weapon.

Really?!

I expected more from you, Mikami.

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
Wow.

That looks like a really shitty music video from the 80's or something. Like something some alternative band would put out.
I mean this is seriously lame.

Zero interest given from me.
Well at least I know there is another game wont be buying.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Not really a fan of the horror game genre. Upset that Bethesda isn't directing more effort towards a new Fallout game with a better engine.

Oh well, can't win them all.

R.Nevermore

Mar 28, 2008
This doesn't look like the kind of horror that the games industry needs. Less dead space, more amnesia

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I dunno, the trailer just seemed like it was breathing down my neck going "YOU SCARED YET! HOW ABOUT I SHOW YOU A CREEPY GIRL WITH LONG HAIR! ARE YA ARE YA ARE YA?", and making it live-action just made it feel like if Nintendo of the 80's decided to make a trailer for a horror game. The monster designs we saw were really generic, the aforementioned creepy long-haired girl and Safe Head, another massive guy in a butcher's outfit with a massive weapon and a weird head.
I'll wait for some gameplay, but right now I'm not all that impressed.

Omegatronacles

Guardian Of Forever
Oct 15, 2009
Well that was exceptionally underwhelming.

I'm sorry, but jerky camera combined with poor focus and telegraphed shocks do not make an interesting horror trailer.

No tension, no atmosphere, I get that not being able to get a clear view of what's hunting you can be extremely terrifying, but you have to show enough to give a reason to be afraid in the first place.

anian

Sep 10, 2008
Well that was a tropeish Japanese horror of a trailer.

Karadalis said:
I see some silent hill motivs there:pyramid head evolved to "Safe" head?
Well they had to do that, as David Cage said - the next gen offers more polygons thus more emotions. I personally can't wait for dodecahedron or even...dare I say it...A SPHERE. Think of all the emotions! :)

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Certainly a 10/10 for the disgusting factor, but creepy/scary? Not really.

It'll be interesting to see the actual game for certain, but I'm not holding my breath for this one.

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
martyrdrebel27 said:
so, I'm not the only one who feels those... monsters (?) were just retreads of previous games' characters, right?

Pyramid Head's younger brother, Safe Head finally gets a shot at the lime-light, and apparently he followed in his brother's footsteps of large melee weapon training.

and as for the 4 armed girl, you can't just throw 2 additional arms on Left 4 Dead's Witch and think we won't notice...
Yeah, to me it looks like Resident Evil trying to be Silent Hill. But, to be honest, I'm ok with that.

lancar

Aug 11, 2009
Once upon a time, before I was de-sensitized by something or other called "the internet", I would probably have been horribly scarred by that trailer.

Now, it's more along the lines of: "oh... hm, oh well, another horror game I'll never buy. Wish they'd announced more Fallout instead"

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
They could do some interesting stuff with blood based enemies, as long as they expand on that, then it could be interesting. Other than that, I have no idea about safe head.

GameChanger

Sep 5, 2011
Well that was a letdown.

I hope beth is also working on Fallout 4 behind the scenes. Or at least they gave it to Obsidian.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
A survival horror game by the creator of Resident Evil published by a company with a focus on quality singleplayer games? I'm fucking sold.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Seems a bit 'meh'. It's also not so much of a reveal as yet another teaser, since we saw absolutely nothing of the game.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Mcoffey said:
Sure is a lot of cynicism in this thread.
Not confined solely to this thread, unfortunately, but I agree that it's endlessly hilarious to see people instantly cry about how much of a rip-off it is and how they should be working on more sequels instead. Of course, even better is the few people who are basing whether they'll buy the game or not off of this teaser. You know. That shows no gameplay.

Gamers.

OT: Live-action/CGI teasers aren't really enough to sell me on something, so I'll be waiting to see what the game is actually going to look like before deciding what my level of anticipation is for it.

Pink Apocalypse

Oct 9, 2012
By the numbers, I should be wildly excited for this.

+ 1 Original Res Evil creator, + 1 Survival Horror, + 1 quasi-sandbox (rumored), + 1 Bethesda...

But that imagery...I instantly knew the source of every single shot used. Creepy guy hunched in the basement 'creating' = original Nightmare on Elm Street, rising from a pool of blood = Hellraiser, the obvious Pyramid Head and Saw references, the L4D / Ring female knock-off...

Not really sold, and feeling weirdly let down by something I didn't even know existed a few days ago. Hopefully they'll be able to take these 'seen-it-before' elements & concepts, and arrange them in an exciting, or at least compelling new way.

Actual game play footage would have been nice. I'm not as interested in it now as I was before.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
I'm sorry WHAT?

To put it bluntly, we're losing out on potentially more content for Skyrim for an Evil Dead cash in?

Looks like Bethesda have cooked up another Brink...