Bethesda Reveals The Evil Within

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Nouw said:
I think the person making the barbed wire is supposed to be the protagonist. The use of traps is part of the gameplay. Then he cuts his hand by accident and 4 armed blood lady comes to get him...

For some reason I think they have included tropes deliberately I mean even the title looks like a late 80's horror movie.

Moonlight Sonata was used in Resident Evil which is my favorite classical tune.

jackinmydaniels

Jul 12, 2012
Ugh, I despise live action trailers, especially live action trailers that don't tell you anything about the game. If this had been done in engine, then at least we could've seen what the game'll look like.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I dunno, I think the idea of monstrosities crawling out of blood pools is a brilliant idea with tons of scare potential.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
I watched this with my brother and every three seconds at least one of us went "Oooooohhhh, whaaaaaat!? NOOOOOOO"
So yeah.
Looking forward to more.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
jackinmydaniels said:
Ugh, I despise live action trailers, especially live action trailers that don't tell you anything about the game. If this had been done in engine, then at least we could've seen what the game'll look like.
There's some screenshots up on the net already taken from famitsu. I linked them earlier in the thread.

Gray Firion

Mar 5, 2012
Andy Shandy said:
A survival horror game from the man who not only basically defined the genre but has also worked on some other stellar titles, such as Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7 and Devil May Cry?

Yes please =D
This, so much. A new IP from Shinji Mikami always gathers a cult following for a reason. ^^

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
Idtech5 engine and horror? Fuck yes.

I'm very interested now, Beth. Good job.

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
Yes yes yes Bethsesda ,barbed wire everywhere and yer man has a box for his head. Very scary.

Now shut the fuck up and make me Fallout 4.

GeekFury

Aug 20, 2009
Anyone else finish watching that and instantly think 'Hey it's a 13 Ghosts video game!', man that movie sucked...

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Moonlight Butterfly said:
Drink Psychobreak! Made from the juices of real people! It'll quench ya!
Psychobreak! The sanity-quencher!

I'm pretty underwhelmed by the trailer, myself, but a bad trailer does not necessarily make for a bad game (or the converse). Still, I'll hold off on any sort of excitement until I see something actually shot in-game.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
So that's what was in the safe....

On the other hand, people need to stop gushing over Bethesda. While I respect their development team and their publishing team...Tango Gameworks is making the game, not Bethesda. They are simply publishing it. Same thing happened with Dishonored. Bethesda got all the glory, and next to no one seemed to mention Arkane Studios...or the fact that the reason it looked like Bioshock, was that Arkane did a lot of level design for Bioshock 2.

And on the third hand, it will be interesting seeing a decent horror game that's not part of an established series. Kind of wish the trailer had done something instead of being a horror scene montage.

Madman Muntz

Apr 16, 2013
Ohhhh. Probably the least exciting kind of game they could produce for me. Well I'm sure some people will enjoy it. But for me, I say get the fuck out of my face with it until you are ready to show us some actual game footage.

Binkan

Oct 14, 2012
Great, im about to go to bed and i felt a need to watch this...i guess i will stay wake this night then x(

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Moonlight Butterfly said:
Nouw said:
I think the person making the barbed wire is supposed to be the protagonist. The use of traps is part of the gameplay. Then he cuts his hand by accident and 4 armed blood lady comes to get him...

For some reason I think they have included tropes deliberately I mean even the title looks like a late 80's horror movie.

Moonlight Sonata was used in Resident Evil which is my favorite classical tune.
Ooo now that's interesting. I can think of tense moments where you have to build a trap in time only to cut yourself and have to face more foes. I'm reminded of Bioshock 2 where I accidentally placed a Trap Rivet in front of another Big Daddy. Next thing I know, all of Rapture is out to get me. Fun times.

I do think part of it is deliberate but it didn't really resonate with me. I'm reserving my judgement for actual gameplay but so far it's a bit meh.

I see Mr. Mikami is a man of fine taste. I wonder to what extent he's going to use 'Air' though.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Cyrromatic said:
Not sure what to think of this. I mean, the same disturbing visual can be made by jamming your fork violently into a bowl of pasta while pouring on the ketchup.
I'll never look at a bowl of pasta in the same way again!

OT... Pass, these kinda games have never really captured my attention (sure Silent Hill 2 is a classic, but the rest....)

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Just sort of goes to show in this tread, doesn't matter if it's a new IP, the people will not be appeased unless it's ENTIRELY new. Whilst the Grudge with mutiple arms was an interesting aspect to the trailer, Blocko-head feels a bit too similar.

The Trailer in all honesty doesn't whip up any tension from me though. A couple of minutes watching some earlier Machine for Pigs stuff had me wetting my pants like a little girl, so to see it try for horror and not get it feels more obvious.

What worked ten years ago just doesn't work today, hell it was even on it's last legs then too.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I notice Beth are keeping the contents of safes consistent. 100 lockpick skill and there's a clipboard and an empty soda bottle inside.

In this case tentacle beasts. :(

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
When that music started, I half expected the Sniper to roll up and say, "The assassination of ones fellow man is an excellent career, my esteemed compatriote."

I was disappointed.