Bethesda to Announce "Really Big Wii Game" This Year

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Bethesda to Announce "Really Big Wii Game" This Year

The Fallout 3 studio is planning on cashing in on the craze for Nintendo's Wii with an announcement this year, says Bethesda Europe director Sean Brennan.

In an interview between Brennan and gi.biz [http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/bethesdas-sean-brennan-part-two], the gamesindustry folks asked the Bethesda Europe managing director whether he thought that there was a future for mature titles like MadWorld and House of the Dead: Overkill on the traditionally family-friendly Nintendo Wii.

"I think there is, but again, it's all about finding out how big that is," answered Brennan. "Is it 5 per cent? If it's five per cent of the market and you can own that space it's worth doing because you can achieve volume. If you can't own it at five per cent, it's not worth doing, quite frankly."

Apparently, Bethesda thinks that they can own that 5% of the Wii market. After spending so much of its resources directed toward the other two current-gen platforms with Oblivion and Fallout 3, the RPG-heavy studio is ready to start waggling their Wiimotes. "We are going to make an announcement on a really big Wii game this year," says Brennan.

However, don't expect it to be a little kid-friendly minigame collection about shiny sparkle ponies: "We're not going to establish a new range and call if 'My Girly Game Range' or whatever these other companies are doing, it's so me-too and boring."

No Barbie's Dogmeat Adventures, Bethesda? I'm heartbroken.

(Joystiq [http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/bethesdas-sean-brennan-part-two])

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Don't bother Bethesda. Don't even think about it. I might have to give up games.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
WrongSprite said:
Don't bother Bethesda. Don't even think about it. I might have to give up games.
My question is why? Just because they are spreading the love? I'm glad (and a lot of Wii owners out there) that they are finally getting a Bethesda game on their console.

dnadns

Divine Ronin
Jan 20, 2009
I'd be happy to see Bethesda start working on the title we already payed for which are still running with a lot of issues.

But instead of that I would not be surprised to find yet another statement of anyone at Bethesda telling us how they "serve their fans", "listen to them" and therefore patch out errors and include content that "everybody" demanded.

If you didn't guess it by now, yes, I own a PS3 and Fallout 3 (and a Wii, to mildly justify this comment).
And yes, I am pissed off by the way that Bethesda treats me as their paying customer.

And no, I didn't even get started on the DLC issue...

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
5%... Out of the Wii's 50 million users that means their minimum for worth bothering is 2.5 million sales?

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
Stubee said:
Lets be honest, it could be an EXACT port of oblivion of Fallout and it would still suck due to the wiis laughable graphical capabilitys
Laughable? Really? Enhanced definition isn't exactly bad. Personally, I think it's acceptable. Full HD is nice, as a 360 owner, I love graphics. But the Wii's graphics aren't "Laughable". Good Sir.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
Psychosocial said:
They did say that Oblivion could be ported to Wii...
the only problem with that is the memory for the saved games + DLC. it would be kind of a pain in the ass to buy a 4GB SD card only to find out that you need something bigger for more possible DLC...and you cant transfer files off of your old SD card, but it is still possible

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Ok, this COULD be interesting. If it's a rehashed Oblivion or FO3 though, I give up.