Bethesda to Announce "Really Big Wii Game" This Year

Andy_Panthro

Man of Science
May 3, 2009
Hmm... I'm gonna watch and wait with interest.

It does sound a little like they are just going after some easy money, so I wouldn't be expecting a big budget experience.

Despite my opinion of Bethesda's recent offerings, I would think they would be able to make something better than the majority of the Wii's current games.

I got rid of my Wii because I disliked the vast majority of the available games, I don't think I'll be regretting that decision anytime soon.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
So what WILL we get, My Girly Bloodtastic Sandbox Slaughterfest? It all depends on how much work they put into understanding the limits and controls of the console.

Echolocating

Jul 13, 2006
I might play Oblivion or Fallout 3 on the Wii if they slap on cartoon rendering. That would rock. I can't stand the uncanny valley they are teetering on the edge of.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Joeshie said:
It's going to be a port of Fallout 3 but as a rail shoo...I mean "guided experience".
Lol

Seriously, what made them develop for the Wii? Seems like an odd choice, since none of their games would benefit from motion control.

I III II X4

Nov 14, 2008
It's obvious people.

The Return to Morrowind - Rise of the Champion of Clutter

What else (besides awesome sword and bow play) could you use the Wiimote for?

Placing miscellaneous items around the world, that's what.

Edited for grammar and lack of words

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
urprobablyright said:
stinky... Wii graphics would make any bethesda game lose a great deal of it's attraction
Yes because Graphics are the only thing that make a game good these days. No wait, the opposite of that.

Fritzvalt

Amazing Human Being
May 12, 2009
Say what you will, but I loved Fallout 3 and Oblivion. Mind you, I did enjoy the first two Fallouts more, but that doesn't mean that it was a horrible thing. I am very eager to see what Bethesda can do with the Wii. Whatever happens, I'm sure it'll be better than another minigame collection.

If "Carnival at Megaton," comes out, you all have permission to pelt me with rotten fruit and call me childish names. I suggest Smelly McStinkpants.

ThisNewGuy

Apr 28, 2009
"We're not going to establish a new range and call if 'My Girly Game Range' or whatever these other companies are doing, it's so me-too and boring."

However, the basic premise of the game will be pretty much the same, we just don't like that name.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
Once they announce what it is, then I will get excited.
urprobablyright said:
stinky... Wii graphics would make any bethesda game lose a great deal of it's attraction
You are greatly overestimating the importance of graphics. The graphics did not make me want to finish Crysis or keep Securrom on my computer.

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
Aww. And I was looking forward to Barbie's Dogmeat Adventures. Way to burst my bubble, Bethesda.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
urprobablyright said:
AceDiamond said:
urprobablyright said:
Yes because Graphics are the only thing that make a game good these days. No wait, the opposite of that.
Obviously you've never played Morrowind. Amazing graphics in the right game can make it special.
Wait, Morrowind had good graphics? Since when? Apart from the water effects, the game looked positively atrocious from the very beginning. I mean, seriously. I only was able to play it at all after I got a huge bunch of mods years later that made the combat slightly less stupid, got rid of the silly wiki dialogue and fixed a huge bunch of other things.

It still didn't fix the fact that the game really didn't have any characters, only glorified signposts but at least it was playable then. Not surprisingly, a lot of the same problems plague Oblivion (and Bethesda games in general).